Sign in to follow this  
languages

ROME

Finally Ive got a new digital camera! So now I can post my new creations.... :)

What a better way to start than to show you all my new Lego (classics coursework) project based on Rome. Also there has been a lot of Roman customs that have inspired me.

Over the next few days (or weeks because the main model isnt finished), I will post pictures of my MOCS. I hope you like them!

Anyway here is a made-up background story to get you in the mood:

The year is 284 ANN (After next door neighbour....MattZitron knows what happened!), Rome is in its prime. Under the rule of the Emperor Bricus Blocus, everyone is happy. The spectacle of power for Rome is its Arena.....May I present.....

LIFE AND DEATH IN THE LEGO ROMAN COLOSSEUM

Pics are on there way.....

Sounds pretty neat, but we need some pictures. I've always like all the architecture (sp?) in Rome...I'll be sure to post when the pics are up ;)

HAHA! This sounds promising! "Emperor Bricus Blocus"...this made me giggle like a tickly gladiator.

I cannot wait for pics to come, so better hurry!

Eagerly awaiting Lego Rome,

Cuttyator (-is,-i,-em,-e)

I can't wait to see! Hopefully one day a "ANCIENT" Civ line will come out that will have Greeks, Egyptians, and Romans!

The first ic for you guys! This is of a Roman Centurion. For you who dont know, Centurions led 100 men (late 80) to battle. But one thing remains.....where is his army........

dsc03180.jpg

Non of the bricks are modded or hard to find.

More pics soon......

Great fig Languages :oD

I really like the fact it is made with "regular" Lego parts and not special custum ones ;)

There is one minor detail I would change on your shield: I would replace that round 1x1 round grey part by a chrome one to go perfectly with the broad sword.

I cannot wait for more pics ;)

It looks as though that digital camera was a good buy! Nice, clear pictures are a must. Good legs as well ;)

I would replace that round 1x1 round grey part by a chrome one to go perfectly with the broad sword.

When you see the next pics youll know why I havnt used the chrome 1x1 plate..... ;)

I would replace that round 1x1 round grey part by a chrome one to go perfectly with the broad sword.

When you see the next pics youll know why I havnt used the chrome 1x1 plate..... ;)

OK Languages, I'm looking forward to the next pics then ;)

Here is your next installment my Roman loving friends:

dsc03191.jpg

Its a Roman legion of about 16 men (including 2 sappers, 4 swordsmen, 4 pikesmen and 4 archers. A standard bearer and centurion complete the squad!) Hope you like them......

The reason I didnt use chrome 1x1 round plates was because I didnt have enough! Anyway, I hope you like them.....

You can view the rest of the gallery (when public0 at: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/language...on/dsc03191.jpg

More pics coming soon..... ;)

I really love those shields! I like to make the customs using the kk2 shields, but the ones you built are awesome and purist approved! *y*

Nice fearsome pic angle! Keep posting em.

God Bless,

Nathan

I saw this on brickshelf yesterday and didn't realise it was you!!!

Fantastic sir!!

Can't wait to see more.

I really love those shields! I like to make the customs using the kk2 shields, but the ones you built are awesome and purist approved! *y*

Ive had a few problems on classic-castle because someone says Ive stolen their idea. So I must now say credits go to Tanotrooper for the shield design........ *wacko*

Anyway, Ill post more pics tonight!

Sorry I haven't commented on these earlier Languages, but I must say they look great!

You have used such simple pieces to great effect, the 2x4 plate as a shield in particular. I really must try that idea out (and yes, I read the complaint on CC to great amusement! His idea indeed! ;)) The figs look really great and I can't wait to see what you create next for this Rome project!

Jon.

Heres your next instalment: GLADIATORS

dsc03183.jpg

This is Maximus Minifigus (theres much worse names to come) He is a hoplomachus or secutor. They carried a sword, a scutum (rectangular shield) and were heavily armed! I will post more gladiators during the next few days, so look out for the next instalment of 'Life and Death in the Lego Roman Colosseum'.......

"We Who Are About to Die Salute You!"

Languages! Awesome stuff! :oD

I love the use of the crab on the shield! Looks good. Very decorative like alot of Gladiator weapons/armor was.

What minifig head is on the Gladiator?!

The Gladiator looks cool, and the shield is very creative, but I think it might look better if you used this piece instead.

Most Gladiator Armour was decorative, and this way, every shield is different!

What minifig head is on the Gladiator?!

This is my faviourite Minifig head from Soccer Player Adidas Number 10 with ZIDANE on back

( http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=soc044 )

Anyway look out for more gladiator pics posted today.......

Sorry for the delay...Ive been busy with my monster entries. Anyway, after making a few Gladiators (youll see them later ;) ) I decided to get the mods and a few otheres involved with my project.....may I present....the adminators

dsc03273.jpg

This is Snakus Plikseenus (aka MattZitron) I hope you like him.....he may not be Mod or Admin but hes helped me with my project!

More Adminators to come.....