It looks like:

Rebels

1 rebel pilot

3 rebel troopers

a vehicle that looks a bit like the 2007 bp

Imperials

3 or 4 snowtroopers

hoth speederbike

I know for a fact that this was no accident. Lego would know and they'd be really mad! :tongue: It's on purpose. They can't be Mon Cal's either. On the Left is five minifigs, on the right there's a speeder, they're definitely hoth though.

If you guys remember, these have to be OT. Clone Wars only had one "Ice Planet" episode, and it was so insignificant, there's no way the set is gonna be off of that. :tongue:

These look interesting!

I think I can make out another speeder bike in the bottom right corner of the right box, but the rest is too blurry. Also, in the video simonjedi provided, what's to the right of the 'new' sets? If they go in chronological order from left to right, it may be another set from 2010, or it may be something really obvious that I'm missing. :tongue:

What do you think?

Thanks for the rumours, though, guys! :sweet:

EDIT: DarthLegolas, the pirate tank wasn't of the upmost importance either, remember? I think TLG could make Phase-1 cold assault troopers and normal BDs to differ from last year's BPs. However, I do think that this year should be OT's turn.

Edited by ADHO15

I haven't seen the video so this thread definitely adds to my Lego experience. Thanks for sharing and I agree that if those are 2010 sets then its likely to be CW sets because of the packaging. There were a couple of episodes on a snow planet so many its Snow Clone Troopers and their speeders? That's assuming its even a snow setting.

I don't really think that a blurry picture of two possible 2010 sets is cause for a 2010 Rumor thread. I think once we need a bit more evidence before we open a new thread.

These look interesting!

I think I can make out another speeder bike in the bottom right corner of the right box, but the rest is too blurry. Also, in the video simonjedi provided, what's to the right of the 'new' sets? If they go in chronological order from left to right, it may be another set from 2010, or it may be something really obvious that I'm missing. :tongue:

What do you think?

Thanks for the rumours, though, guys! :sweet:

EDIT: DarthLegolas, the pirate tank wasn't of the upmost importance either, remember? I think TLG could make Phase-1 cold assault troopers and normal BDs to differ from last year's BPs. However, I do think that this year should be OT's turn.

I'm hoping it will be a pattern as it was. Beginning with PT, so far it's been: PT, OT, Clone Wars, so next should be OT, seeing as there are no PT sets being made currently.Phase I Cold Assault Troopers though, there's no way we'd get new helmets. Just printed Snowtrooper helmets.

But remember, next year is the 30th anniversary of Episode 5, so Hoth ON! :tongue:

If you guys remember, these have to be OT. Clone Wars only had one "Ice Planet" episode, and it was so insignificant, there's no way the set is gonna be off of that. :tongue:

Well, it could be from a future Clone Wars "Ice Planet" episode.

I wouldn't be suprised if they were CW sets, considering that Lucas and Lego will milk the CW cash cow dry.

Wow, good find... gotta say, it looks pretty legit to me.

The guy in the foreground looks like he could be a rebel pilot, but would it have CW packaging then?

Wow, good find... gotta say, it looks pretty legit to me.

The guy in the foreground looks like he could be a rebel pilot, but would it have CW packaging then?

Yeah, take a look at the Midi-Scale Falcon.

Well, it could be from a future Clone Wars "Ice Planet" episode.

I wouldn't be suprised if they were CW sets, considering that Lucas and Lego will milk the CW cash cow dry.

Is that synonymous with exploiting the likes of children? :tongue:

I'm still going OT, because the whole 30-year anniversary of the Empire Strikes Back thing is definitely showing in these two icy battlepacks.

Look new to me!

sw09-a.jpg

Resizing really doesn't help. It's a Rorschach Lego test!

sw09-b.jpg

Only one thing is sure :classic: the packaging is the same that the 7778 :tongue: Thanks for the news ;)

How boring where the past weeks :cry_sad:

I dont think we could. We dont have much info on 2010 sets, Just a blurry picture. We havent even seen every 2009 set yet

Those two sets are obviously Clone wars because they have the Clone troopers on the top of the box.

All other Star Wars sets have the classic banner with Luke, Vader and Boba ect.

Those two sets are obviously Clone wars because they have the Clone troopers on the top of the box.

The OT sets with those banners are only for 2009, as it is the 10th anniversary of LEGO Star Wars. I'm guessing that every LEGO Star Wars set in 2010 (or at least the first wave) will have the clone troopers on the top right.

The OT sets with those banners are only for 2009, as it is the 10th anniversary of LEGO Star Wars. I'm guessing that every LEGO Star Wars set in 2010 (or at least the first wave) will have the clone troopers on the top right.

Good call, I agree there.

These look intresting. I'm quite confused that we're seeing them so early though

Is that synonymous with exploiting the likes of children? :tongue:

I'm still going OT, because the whole 30-year anniversary of the Empire Strikes Back thing is definitely showing in these two icy battlepacks.

I agree. Considering that it will be the 30th of the ESB, I am guessing Lego will have one or two to commemorate it. These look like Rebel and Imperial Hoth BP's, which would make sense. Hopefully for the anniversary of ROTJ, they will have Rebel and Imperial Endor BP's.

Anyone else notice the Legacy Era emblem on the door of the 2010 development room?:

494px-Era_Symbols.svg.png

Hmm, so maybe they did give us a 'sneak peak' after all :tongue: .

YAY!!!!! news of 2010 :devil: this is great.

For me it looks like one of them is a rebel speeder-tank like the one in BF 2 and the imperial one I don't no.

I kinda hope that its going to be CW though because i really want a cold assault Rex. :wub:

Can't wait till we here more about next years SW sets, because this is not enough :laugh:

need more :wub:

thanks for showing this :wub:

CommanderFox

Edited by CommanderFox

The other guy should have posted in the availability section of the Star Wars forum, so he is at fault there. But, instead of answering him, you should have kindly pointed him to the correct forum. By answering him, you are encouraging him and others to post questions about availability in the wrong area. Just a friendly reminder.

Seriously?... I'm new here so it would have been nice if you and Millacol88 had just kindly given me the answer and also pointed me in the right direction for next time. The "Star Wars Anyone" topic isn't even stickied.

It's mini-mods like you two that make me hate joining new forums.

Interesting. By the color, it doesn't look like they're Endor. Hopefully, they'll at least be OT. If they're Hoth, I'll probably skip 7749 Echo Base, since it's already a ripoff set :laugh:

*saves screeny before santy clause destroys thread*

What about the Midi-Scale Falcon's box? It has Clown Troopers on the top of the box, but it's still an OT set. (I WIN!)

That banner is from the older sets. They used it this year because it's the 10th anniversary.

I kinda hope that its going to be CW though because i really want a cold assault Rex. :wub:

So OT isn't superior to 'some special skirt or something that clown trooper wears during only 1 20-minute episode'? :sad:

I'm in a good mood now! :vader:

Spoilers1.png

Hopefully this is some sort of proof, I tried to make a good resolution as best I can with photoshop, sorry if this is a bit late and I'm not saying anything new.

EDIT: After looking at Svetle's image it does look like clones, but it appears the figures in the back still have hoods on, perhaps they are snow suited clones. I don't know I just can't tell, oh well, I'd love it if it were hoth, but who knows.

Edited by Matteo Kenobi

I remember reading on some other thread that its the anniversary of Empire Strikes Back next year so that will support these being Hoth sets. It will be a pretty sad anniversary without at least a couple of sets to commemorate.

I agree. Considering that it will be the 30th of the ESB, I am guessing Lego will have one or two to commemorate it. These look like Rebel and Imperial Hoth BP's, which would make sense. Hopefully for the anniversary of ROTJ, they will have Rebel and Imperial Endor BP's.

I would have to agree completely. And yes, I really hope that they do make Endor ones. I really want/need those.

This is some sort of bad lego joke right, those supposed shots of 2010 battle packs may as well be photos of 1999 sets, they are so shocking and so blurry you cant see a damn thing.

Edited by DarthSion