KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

Wonder if they holding back any SW stuff.

Edited by DarthSion

Why would they release a Red Bull Racer?

RBR5_HIfront3_4-2.jpg

:wink:

Why not?! :grin:

Ah did i miss something, whats a F1 ( to put it nicely) got to do with star wars.

That was only a joke, DarthSion.

KimT supposably wanted to remind me of not using shortcuts. And that's right since with that many shortcuts mainly new people here at EB don't no what we are talking about.

So RBR stands for Rebel Blockade Runner (or Tantive 4). :wink:

They've been quite generous the past years with cool releases at BrickFair and hopefully we'll see something cool this year too.

I think and hope that, too. If we firstly get pics of it about two weeks before release (like it was (please correct me if I'm wrong) with the Motoized AT-AT in 2007) this would be very hard to await. :sadnew:

So let's hope for Brickfair! :classic:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I think there is a chance there will be an interior in the Snail Tank. In the Wookiee Attack set in 2005, the box did not show an interior but there was one. And the BDs included were outside the Tank, like on the new release's box art.

July-August BrickMaster set-

swattewbe.jpg

November-December BrickMaster set-

swrgbe.jpg

Wow if they for real they are sweet.

But havent they already done a LAAT/Republic Attack Gunship mini?.

They came from the most recent LEGO magazine, so I'd say they're legit.

Yeah I spotted this in my Lego Club Magazine, but unfortunately could not get my scanner to work :hmpf_bad:

I thought the original RGS MINI was great but this tops it. It's a great year for Brickmaster(RGS, AT-TE, Venator)

Not as a Brickmaster set, at least not to my knowledge.

They've done the CTT and Venator as some of the latest sets last year and the early set this ýear.

I can't find any evidence that they've done a Brickmaster version of the RGS or the AT-TE.

i totally agree. the venator is fantastic, i really love the quality, and the fact that it took me 20 minutes to build. hope the same goes for the AT-TE and RGS :classic:

Edited by AND3RSEN

Hi, after thinking about the possibilities and some ideas I have about what will be the secret set that the TLC is planning to release in September of this year and taking in consideration that every year we receive a BIG set in the SW line, around September-October I decided to create this topic :tongue: . The question is simple: What do you think the BIG secret set of this year will be? If anyone still don´t know about what I am talking about here is a link to the info: "Secret Set"

Also I want to clarify that this topic is about what do you think that set will be and not what do you wish :classic: . With this I mean that you could comment about POSSIBLE sets not things like "A giant Lando bust with around 20,000 pieces" :tongue: .

In my opinion, I think this is going to be a new Cloud City set :cry_happy: . The article where this information belong has the next sentence: "The fifth and final set is still clouded in mystery. LEGO Ambassadors were contacted in January 2009 with a request for fan input into a second fans' choice. The LEGO company plans to reveal the identity of this new set-which undoubtedly will be as exciting and iconic as the rest of the line-in August, 2009 prior to its release in September". Now what I think is a possible hint is the word remarked with bold letter :tongue: . Also the fact that the TLC know how much everyone (Including me :tongue: ) love ESB and that this is the 10 anniversary of the SW line, I clearily see this set as a big possibility.

So what do you think?

I think that the Cloud City set is a good possibility, judging by the word Clouded. Hopefully that is what is will turn of to be, if indeed deemed to be true.

They also already released an AT-TE mini. :hmpf:
Not as a Brickmaster set, at least not to my knowledge.

They've done the CTT and Venator as some of the latest sets last year and the early set this ýear.

I can't find any evidence that they've done a Brickmaster version of the RGS or the AT-TE.

KimT, I think he means that the AT-TE shown was already released (which it wasn't), but we've already seen and heard about it.

The MINI Gunship is new news, though. It looks good, I hope this recent craze of SW minis doesn't pull me in. :tongue:

Yes, very interesting. I have not heard about a secret set until now, but now that I've seen how TLG kept the DS under wraps so well, I can definitely see another big set as a possibility. I'm willing to bet that it's an OT set, but I'm not so sure it will be an ESB anniversary since it's 30th isn't until next year. I'm thinking a Rebel Blockade Runner.

In my opinion, I think this is going to be a new Cloud City set :cry_happy: . The article where this information belong has the next sentence: "The fifth and final set is still clouded in mystery.

Good thinking, but it might just be a coincidence. I would like a Cloud City Duel much better than a RBR.

Interesting teory, but still only a theory.

CopMike

That's a little discouraging.

Although I'm generally not a fan of minis at all, the design of the RGS is elegant if it becomes widely available at some stage I'll definitely pick up a set.

Although I'm generally not a fan of minis at all, the design of the RGS is elegant if it becomes widely available at some stage I'll definitely pick up a set.

I like it too, but it doesn't seem likely that it will see a widespread release. :sadnew: I'm afraid it will probably be just for the lucky (read: American) people they sell Brickmaster to.

The RGS looks like it really needs printed parts, or, more likely, stickers. :sceptic:

It still looks great, though. :classic:

Edited by ILikePi

a new cloud city would be great! it would be good to have it like the Home One set with the most iconic parts of the ship/city all put in 1 set

What do you think the BIG secret set of this year will be?

The straw that breaks my bank account, I suppose. :laugh:

Would it really be that exciting to get a set that's already been done once already in one form or another? No. That's why I think the most exciting choice for a big set to commemorate ESB's 30th anniversary would be the Executor. It's about time they made it.

Its soooo the

Arrest of Palpatine :tongue::wub: but if Lego did it they would use clone wars heads (not that im saying I hate CW heads its just that the arrest of palpatine is a ROTS set NOT a CW set)

but theres always a possibility of it being a Geonosis Arena......DARN you Lego.....are you trying to beat me to it.....Im going to make it FIRST :tongue:

also another possibility could be the jedi Temple :wub: thats a Fan voted set (im told :tongue: ) think of all the RARE Jedi we would get :wub:

CommanderFox

Sinse 2009 is the 30 year anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back, a set from that film should be very possible, and when they write "clouded", a Cloud City set seems really possible :cry_happy: .

Sinse 2009 is the 30 year anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back, a set from that film should be very possible, and when they write "clouded", a Cloud City set seems really possible :cry_happy: .

I don't know. People read way too much into everything here. If LEGO spent half the time people assume they do being cryptic about the future the sets wouldn't be nearly as good. It's never ending here. It's always something like, "Oh, the designers said something bugged them about the Mars Mission line, that must mean Insectoids are coming back!" It's clearly going to be an ESB set, but I just can't get behind the idea that they would use a single common verb to give it away. Just my opinion though.

I think there is a chance there will be an interior in the Snail Tank. In the Wookiee Attack set in 2005, the box did not show an interior but there was one. And the BDs included were outside the Tank, like on the new release's box art.

But that set also included a Dwarf Spider Droid and a Wookiee Ornithophter, so less of the box space was available to show the features of the tank. I'm sure a major function like that would have been shown on the box of the new set.

July-August BrickMaster set-

swattewbe.jpg

November-December BrickMaster set-

swrgbe.jpg

Thanks for the pics, Shine. Although I don't collect MINIs, that RGS does look really good. :thumbup:

What about the Portugese Postal Service?

ctt_frota_1.jpg

:laugh::wink:

Edited by ADHO15