KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

Wait is that episode 3 Obi Wan's head or not?

It could be. I thought it was until I saw that picture. TLG did originally use it for Qui-Gon, suggesting they still make them.

I don't believe so, it looks a bit too rugged.

I agree now. That picture looks a bit different to Obi-Wan.

Hey can you put a droid inside the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid like the one from 2005?

I haven't seen any pictures of it open. I'll check now.

(tut-tut for double posting :tongue: )

EDIT: No. I don't think it can hold a droid as there are no pics of it open and there are no pictures on the back of the box that suggest otherwise.

Edited by ADHO15

I haven't seen any pictures of it open. I'll check now.

(tut-tut for double posting :tongue: )

EDIT: No. I don't think it can hold a droid as there are no pics of it open and there are no pictures on the back of the box that suggest otherwise.

Well, I don't think it's very bad, is it? ) :classic:

It's quite correct that way, Tank Droids had their own Droid Brains. )

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Well, I don't think it's very bad, is it? ) :classic:

It's quite correct that way, Tank Droids had their own Droid Brains. )

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

I really wouldn't mind if it had space for a pilot. It doesn't matter though, it doesn't change the set much at all. :sceptic:

Edited by Millacol88

I really wouldn't mind if it had space for a pilot. It doesn't matter though, it doesn't change the set much at all. :sceptic:

Well, I agree. ) If they could give us another pilot droid that way, that would have been great! But this particular set, in my opinion, needs nothing more: it's balanced, good looking and has a good price. ) :classic::thumbup:

You might want to check brickshelf right now

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3709448

The minifig scale Millenium Falcon has been spotted

Good searching Mendoza007, but we have had that picture around for a short while now.

It's not your fault as it's not on the first page and you're new. KimT hasn't added it for whatever reason. :grin:

Any new pics you can find would be great!

I am so happy with the Dropship and AT-OT however, for £166 they could have chucked in a new figure :sceptic: It wont be changed, although it was very nice to get a huge collection of clones :cry_happy: It would also be nice, if when lego make more walkers in the future, they can be attatched to the dropship, so it remains compatable with all their walkers.

Ashoka~

Edited by Ashoka

Oh dear, please read what has already been posted, I know its hard being new.

I think you quoted the wrong person. :tongue:

EDIT: Never mind, I've just seen you're edit.

Edited by ADHO15

Lets see, it's marked "confidential" and the red print underneath says: "No for public viewing" - but that has cleverly been removed here.

Sorry, but until we get non-confidential pics, this is not going into the first post or frontpage.

I am fully aware that other sites are not so keen on following the rules - but that's their choice.

Lets see, it's marked "confidential" and the red print underneath says: "No for public viewing" - but that has cleverly been removed here.

Sorry, but until we get non-confidential pics, this is not going into the first post or frontpage.

I am fully aware that other sites are not so keen on following the rules - but that's their choice.

Ah, yes. I see now. I knew there was a reason. :classic:

Haha silly me, you knew which post I meant :tongue:

I wonder if the dropship will be available at TRU (for the UK atleast) I do not have a method of purchasing from S@H as my parents dont let me buy lego anymore :hmpf_bad:

Ashoka

You might want to check brickshelf right now

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3709448

The minifig scale Millenium Falcon has been spotted

Was posted earlier alongside something else (i forget what).

Was interesting to see them reveal the new UCS at the toy fair, yet have no mention of the mid scale falcon? Perhaps they are saving it for next year?

I wonder if the dropship will be available at TRU (for the UK atleast) I do not have a method of purchasing from S@H as my parents dont let me buy lego anymore

I don't think so as I remember somewhere saying it was a Shop@Home exclusive. Sorry. :sad:

My parents don't like it either but I manage to persuade my mum while my dad's out. :grin:

I don't think so as I remember somewhere saying it was a Shop@Home exclusive. Sorry. :sad:

My parents don't like it either but I manage to persuade my mum while my dad's out. :grin:

However in the video, the man showing the dropship said that it is a S@H exclusive, although it may be available at other stores aswell later on down the line.

(Off topic: where can I get the solar sailer in the UK)

My parents dont let me get it at all, I have to walk into town or to my TRU when they are out, I was almost caught with an RGS once, as they arrived home at the same time as me :laugh: How will I get the Dropship and AT-OT??? :angry:

Ashoka~

(Off topic: where can I get the solar sailer in the UK)

Check the 'Star Wars Sets Anyone?' thread or there's an English thread somewhere where more local people may have an idea.

My parents dont let me get it at all, I have to walk into town or to my TRU when they are out, I was almost caught with an RGS once, as they arrived home at the same time as me :laugh: How will I get the Dropship and AT-OT??? :angry:

They don't notice new models pop up and more space being taken up by it? :sweet:

Get back on topic.

Wether or not your parents like/dislike your LEGO purchases has nothing to do with the upcoming sets.

The topic "Star Wars sets anyone?" is for discussing availability.

All that talk about parents make me question wether or not you're 18 - which you're supposed to be since you've signed up.

Perhaps I should do some checking?

Enough is enough.

:hmpf_bad:

My Final thoughts: (I just accidentally messed up while typing this so my whole thoughts got erased! :angry: )

All around, I'm loving this year. I am going to get 2/3 of the Clone wars sets, and I'll leave the other two.

The AT-OT and LAAT/C is just pure amazing. My wallet's going to be as skinny as a stick after this. Although these two are not at all the most important ships out there, TLG's job is so beautiful it makes me cry! I believe 16 can fit in the back of the AT-OT, and that cockpit is beautiful! The Dropship even looks to scale! The set is just pure win! And I hope that the sides are printed, but the set all around is so cool it can compensate for stickered sides.

I am shaking as I type this, apologies for typos.

Venator: Finally! The final product is shown! And a brand new awesome (but ugly, though he's meant to be) Palpatine! And he has Dooku hair, a little cape, and Death Star Plans! He reminds me of the Harry Potter Mad-eye Moody minifigure, for some reason. And although the new Commando helmets weren't necessary, it just makes this set cooler and cooler! The wings opened up, as I wanted, and there's plenty of room for me. And I'm jumping with happiness, Open Circle Fleet Symbols!

Separatist Shuttle: Not much to say, I'm loving the battle droid Pilot and the Minifig selection, Nute Gunray, Onaconda Farr, and three droids! I just wish we could see the back. Either way, this is definitely on my list.

Tank Droid: Look who told you all! Didn't I? Two of those Jet Troopers! Two of them! And the new jetpack! I hate to say I told you so, for all who thought the "newer pictures" were actually newer, and not just dug up old ones! :tongue:

Now as for the sets I won't be getting.

Weequay Pirate Tank: I know, it's quite a cool set, but it's not important enough for me, I don't need another Obi-Wan CW style, and it's really only in 1 1/2 episodes. It's just not that important enough for me!

CW Y-wing: The set is just too Meh. I'll buy the new R2 dome on BL. And it is new.. Not DS style. OOr so I've heard....

All in all, this entire year is looking quite great, and the only reason I'm not buying all of the CW sets is that, remember, price? :tongue:

EDIT: Ooh! More of a chance to say "I told you so!" Notice that it's a Clone Gunner and Pilot! As I said, not a regular Clone! A Pilot! I was riiight! :tongue:

Edited by Darth Legolas

So far 2009 is looking good for Star Wars. Could anybody estimate a US price for the Admiral Ackbar set? I'm really loving the figs and that ship.

Edited by Orion

Look at this!!

EDIT: Looks like Oky-Wan Kenobi already pointed this out, but for those who haven't seen....

10195-box_back.jpg

At the bottom, second from the left, you can see an alternate sticker for the Dropship, with the arm tearing off a battle droid head, just like the one our fellow member (can't remember his name :tongue: ) created!

EDIT: Just like Raymans! Look at this!

gunship5.jpg

Edited by Darth Legolas

Wow! Good find.

Anyway, I'm not going to get the Venator, because it isn't that great in my opinion. The Imperial Star Destroyer has a gun rack, a message area for Vader, a chamber for Vader, and alot more minifigures. This has an office, two guns, and a small escape pod. The other pod on the ISD was alot bigger. I don't think everyone's going to escape in that.

The other sets though are great!

Get back on topic.

Whether or not your parents like/dislike your LEGO purchases has nothing to do with the upcoming sets.

Each one of those posts had something relevant in it too, not to this topic but I was just helping Ashoka find their way. We were just having a side-chat at the same time. Anyway, finished now.

Look at this!!
EDIT: Just like Raymans! Look at this!
Wow! Good find.

We've had those for so long as well. Please read up before posting!