KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

They look good! Bye bye wallet. :cry_sad: However they are confidential so I would expect them to be removed soon.

JD

I don't understand why LEGO would not put figures in the MF. I'm sure it could fit one in there, and that would increase the playability, fun for kids, and draw of figures for minifig collectors. Although it's prelim, usually they have black blanks to show how many figures there will be, and this picture doesn't have those, so it looks definite on no figs.

Apart from minis and USC, I don't think Star Wars sets should ever come without minifigures. Have there been any confirmations that the MF won't have figures, or that it will?

can anyone identify the two pirates in the pirate tank?
I think there weeqways(Spelling?) :wink: .Lego calls that MF MID-SCALE!?Maybe ONE MF could fit in there(With a squeeze).And no MFs?!Thats basically a super-sized Mini!

(_)The guy who is :angry: because the new MF sucks(_)

The MF looks like it can house 1 minifig in the Cockpit and possibly 2-3 in the main hull section. The pirate tank just looks plain cool If it came with a new CW Jar jar it would have been better but weequays are great too, I just hope they change from being hovitos :tongue: .

:angry:

That falcon is terrible! :cry_sad: I'll definatley pass on the tank, I'll get the falcon... eventully, but i'm not happy with it. No figs (ATM). Tiny. Expencive. Not a good combo in my books...

Oh well at least Home One is good :sweet:

Edited by legoman

They could still be preliminary, but the falcon looks like crap,

I do like the look of the pirate tank though, not sure about Obi Wan though, rather have jar jar and a unique clone.

Nice find as well.

Edited by simonjedi

The Falcon looks like a joke. I really hope that Lego doesn't continue the idea of mid-scale. The pirate tank is actually kind of cool.

Mid-Scale: Millenium Falcon:

I didn't love that set. Well the design is not too bad, but what is a millenium falcon without figures...

Pirate-Tank:

Nice set. Just about 400 parts and wow we get a great set.

I really love the new pirates, they look funny and we get our old-school heads back!

-Will be bought-

Greetings 'Bricks'

That tank! It's beautiful! Amazing! Two weequay's better change! I hope one is Hondo, but he didn't really use a tank. The second set with Obi-Wan, but no Jar-Jar! Awee well. All around the ship looks amazing!

As for OT fans, about the Falcon, boy do I feel sorry for you guys! :tongue:

EDIT: Looks like one of the Weequay's have a new head or helmet!

Edited by Darth Legolas

Have there been any confirmations that the MF won't have figures, or that it will?

The text "Midi-Scale" on the box has to mean something I guess. And since the big ships usually has no scale at all, but is allways assumed to be "suitable for minifigs", "Midi-Scale" can only mean "Not minifig-scale!!". Including minifigs would only make it a really BAD set.

This is probable released to be a collector MF for those that NEVER would buy the giant one and that wouldn't think a minifig playset where accurate enough.

I know these were just preliminaries, but I'm really disappointed about the MF... so now I'm going to go and cry myself to sleep :cry_sad:

Edited by Future74

Millenium Falcon

Not good enough to me..looks a little..well, I dunno, what am I supposed to do with that "thing"?

Pirate Tank

Looks good! I will buy this one for sure.

Edited by General Magma

Oh no, these two better not be the last ones of the 09 sw wave. C'mon Lego give us something better. Oh and Obi-Wan is probably for the kids who couldn't afford him. I still have hope that another set will be revealed to us.

that pirate tank looks ok :sceptic: i,m glad we get two pirates and obi wan but i was hopping to get that cool commander and jar jar binks :tongue:

Me too. But I don't have a CW Obi so it's okay to me.

Edited by JCC1004

Wow! New sets pics are always welcome, thanks vulture for the pics :thumbup: .

7778 MF: I just can´t believe how they can ruin such a potential set :cry_sad::thumbdown: . This set is pretty bad in my opinion. No minifigs, looks expensive for what you get :thumbdown: and after all, who wants a super MINI :hmpf: ? I think they could have approched this $30 set slot with a nice little OT set or even a CW one :grin: but no, they just decide to ruin one of the OT sets this year :sadnew: .

7753 Pirate Tank: Actually this set really interests me :cry_happy: . The ship looks fantastic and I always love some new "No warships" style vehicles (Even if this is used for "kill" I think it isn´t really involved at the war :tongue: ) and this one looks VERY interesting and with a nice piece count :thumbup: . The Pirates minifigs are great but I hoped for a new Jar Jar or even another different Pirate instead of another Obi Wan :sadnew: , but hey you can´t always have everything :tongue: .

Ok people, that's enough of the childish whining about the mid-scale Millenium Falcon.

It's mid-scale, which means non-minifig scale.

Let's lay off the spoiled brat comments here.

Personally I think the design is pretty good and it'll do just fine sitting on my shelf.

As for the Pirate Tank, I've not got a single clue as to what and why that set was made, but I'll surely look forward to getting it.

"Stay on target" and act maturely here.

If you're just here to whine and rant, then go somewhere else.

Ok people, that's enough of the childish whining about the mid-scale Millenium Falcon.

Personally I think the design is pretty good and it'll do just fine sitting on my shelf.

As for the Pirate Tank, I've not got a single clue as to what and why that set was made, but I'll surely look forward to getting it.

I agree, it's design is very nice indeed! :thumbup: Just because there are no figs doesn't really degrade the set :wink: Although figs would be nice but other wise a great set :thumbup:

The Pirate Tank is awsome as well :thumbup::cry_happy: They look like new figs and the tank looks great :wub: Just hope the price isn't...well...pricey :grin:

Thanks for teh pics vulture btw! :classic:

I completely agree with you KimT. What did you guys expect. Its mid-scale. I just cant wait to see the figs. I like it. And for the tank. It looks really fricken awsome and we will be able to get obi-wan in a cheaper set. Plus pirates.

I actually quite like the Millenium Falcon, it looks decent enough, although it is disappointing that it doesn't open up like the old one and the lack of any minifigs is baffling, I know it's not to scale, but come on.. Not even a Han and Chewie? I'll reserve judgement until we see the final model, but I think I'll be passing on that one.

The Pirate Tank is pretty cool though, again I would have actually liked to get a Jar Jar, if only for comedic value but another Obi-Wan is fine, it's probably the only new set I will bother getting. (The Echo Base would have been great if the Hoth Base was still available, but I've been unable to find one anywhere)