KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

I am impressed with the design looks-wise of the Venator, but it looks smaller than the ISD and doesn't seem like it will have much playability.

8039 Venator-Class Republic Attack Cruiser
Edited by ROCON

Theres only one person who can tell us if its real or not

MR. PENGUIN!! I do not like the minifigures that come with it.

Are you sure?

I am impressed with the design looks-wise of the Venator, but it looks smaller than the ISD and doesn't seem like it will have much playability.

Don't forget that it will probably open up, just like the ISD. There'll be play features in the interior, no doubt.

Hmmm...

I can't say that I love the design of the Venator. :sceptic: It looks very stubby and all of those exposed technic beams look like they came straight out of Mars Mission. The blue clones look great though in my opinion, but Palpatine looks a bit odd.

I can't judge this completely from the one image, but my initial impression is not all that great.

Many thanks for the picture though Legomilk! :classic:

I've added this to the first post, but bear in mind that we've not got any confirmation on wether this is the real deal or not.

Hmmm...

I can't say that I love the design of the Venator. :sceptic: It looks very stubby and all of those exposed technic beams look like they came straight out of Mars Mission. The blue clones look great though in my opinion, but Palpatine looks a bit odd.

I can't judge this completely from the one image, but my initial impression is not all that great.

Many thanks for the picture though Legomilk! :classic:

They aren't clones!!!!! Why does everyone say that? :wacko: Anyways, I don't understand how you can say they look good, if all I can see are too blue blurry minifigures and a couple of black spots on their face.

The Clone Gunner and Clone Pilot have been obviously photoshopped in. The other figs are too small and blurry to see much detail. Considering the colour scheme I don't know if they would be real or final (normal blue and normal red vs the ubiquitous dark blue/ dark red of all the other CW sets). The backdrop is also odd for a prelim shot, not like what we usually see.

As for the ship itself... it wouldn't surprise me if we end up with something like this. Many have said that it is smaller than the minifig ISD which was released. The perspective looks a little distorted too so it is probably longer than it looks here - which is another thing which makes me doubt its authenticity, as TLG is always VERY careful to stretch their perspective in shots to make things look longer than they appear - as anyone would know who has tried to photograph long sets for a review to get them to look like the box art :wink:

As always though, who knows for sure?

Edited by svelte_corps

I've added this to the first post, but bear in mind that we've not got any confirmation on wether this is the real deal or not.

I really hope when Penguin comes on he says it ain't true. After all, didn't he say there were normal clones, and not these two? A pilot, and a Gunner?

By the way, @the guy who called Clone Gunners rare: If they're in a battlepack, I'd definitely consider them common. :tongue:

Edited by Darth Legolas

I really hope when Penguin comes on he says it ain't true. After all, didn't he say there were normal clones, and not these two? A pilot, and a Gunner?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Penguin could have been wrong about the Clones...couldn't he? :grin:

... where are these blue guys coming from? They look like a joke, not like soldiers! Is it really like this in the movie/ tv show?

Anyway, if this is real and will cost 180€, they better have a wonderful and detailed interior inside, not like the SD!

But I really don't think it is real, it looks to self-made. .. cough...

Wait how much is this thing supposed to cost again :look:

It's all in the first post of this topic :hmpf:

8039 Venator-class Republic Attack Cruiser ™

Pieces: ?

Price: 180 EUR / ? USD / ? GBP

Minifigs: ?

Release: Summer 2009

:sick: Frankly, it looks hideous. Very, very small, I doubt if you can fit all five figures in there. The color scheme is accurate, but I can't say that I like the design at all. Definitely not worth it, IMO.

I think that this is the real deal, though. The figures look official enough, and Lego would probably know better than to give us an ISD with red stripes. Thanks legomilk for the pic, but I'll pass on this one (unless it's improved or fake).

...this looks more like a $60 set than $130!!!!

Exactly what I thought when I saw the pic...

A downscaled Venator, just like the ISD was downscaled.

Aren't all (or at least most) Star Wars sets? The ISD might be downscaled, but no Star Wars set was in these kind of proportions.

Overall, this set (fake, prelim, or otherwise) is definitely not worth 130 USD, in my opinion. I'll probably just modify my ISD to look like a (real) RSD. :classic:

By the way, @the guy who called Clone Gunners rare: If they're in a battlepack, I'd definitely consider them common. :tongue:

Well, they're less common than normal troopers, and it's an added bonus to get one of them in this set than a normal trooper. :tongue:

The ship looks real, but the figs....well....seems like there is somesthing not quite right about them.

IMO, the ship and only Five minifigs is a waste of money. Guess that means Bricklink away!! :tongue:

:laugh::laugh:

180 Euros???? With the prices these days that makes... $130-$180!!!! I am seriously not going to pay that if this is the real deal. This is most definitely no bigger than the RAS, and I absolutely refuse to buy this unless it is under $80, if this is the real deal.

Ok ok ok ok ok.

Now we've all heard that this is going to be overpriced IF this is the ship.

So now is the time to lay off the price discussion.

And get back to discussin the picture or the other rumored sets.

They aren't clones!!!!! Why does everyone say that? :wacko: Anyways, I don't understand how you can say they look good, if all I can see are too blue blurry minifigures and a couple of black spots on their face.

Sorry sorry! We're not all Star Wars experts here! :tongue:

I can't be sure I like them, but I can form a decent opinion from a small picture. I find that I like the different color, and the fact that they are a bit different from the usual black white and grey.

Satisfied? :wink:

The ship looks real, but the figs....well....seems like there is somesthing not quite right about them.

IMO, the ship and only Five minifigs is a waste of money. Guess that means Bricklink away!! :tongue:

:laugh::laugh:

Yeah I agree with you. Didn't The Penguin say that the clone troopers had no markings on them. :sceptic: And whats that thing Chancellor Palpatine is holding, could it be the plans to the Death Star?! :oh3: " just a thought..

Edited by ROCON

And whats that thing chancellor is holding, could it be the plans to the Death Star?! :oh3:

Perhaps it's a handfull of "whooopass" for the disbelievers?

:laugh:

Uh oh! You're taking Penguin's word over legomilk's?

You must be new around here :tongue:

Ok ok ok ok ok.

Now we've all heard that this is going to be overpriced IF this is the ship.

So now is the time to lay off the price discussion.

And get back to discussin the picture or the other rumored sets.

Ok, so the ship is crap and we all understand that, right? :grin:

If this is real, I'm hoping that other sets will start showing up soon also.

EDIT: Come to think of it, that trans-red head in Palp.'s hands may be some sort of hologram. Just a thought.

Edited by booger540

Perhaps it's a handfull of "whooopass" for the disbelievers?

:laugh:

Uh oh! You're taking Penguin's word over legomilk's?

You must be new around here :tongue:

Well... I have faith in Lego not to do something so eerily distastefully bad! I mean... IF this is it, then this thing really better have a wicked good interior, or I'm not buying.

Personally I think the design of this ship is rather good. I prefer minifig-scale sets, but that's a bit hard to achieve with this one.

I thought the Chancellor was going to have a cape, a skirt( Ventress), or something. Since he dosen't there must be some sort of table for him to sit at in the Venator because usually minifigs with capes are kind of hard to sit down with out messing up the capes.

Edited by ROCON