On a scale of 1 to 5  

16 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

This set was released in 2002, in the second wave of Harry Potter sets. The scene appeared in the first Harry Potter book/film: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. Hermoine rushed to the toilet, but a troll was on the loose. And offcourse, the gang of three ran into him.

So far my little introduction. As said, this set is located in the first movie. Hermoine ran off to the toilets and stumbled upon a troll. Ron and Harry got to her and together they defeated the beast. This little set doesn't include Ron or Hermoine, but the troll and, another, Harry Potter figure. It counts 71 parts and costed about 10 euro. I bought it for 8 euro, but it was in new condition.

img_0644.jpg

As said, the set only contains two minifigures. That's a little pathetic, if you know the movie scene had four characters. Again a Harry Potter, man, I have way to many of them. However, we do get a troll figure. And that one is just awesome! It's the only set this troll comes in.

img_0652.jpg

The troll is just great. He has a sand blue color and a "bloody" head which is useful for zombies and such. A shame the other arm doesn't move and nothing fits in it. You may notice this isn't the right club which is normally brick built. When I got this set I immediatly changed it with the newer Castle one.

img_0648.jpg

img_0671.jpg

I guess the building is ok. It isn't that impressive or special. It includes a sink, a door, some walls and an arch on top of it.

img_0653.jpg

The door can open for extra playability! =P

img_0655.jpg

Here is the rather nice sink. I like it. It even "breaks" like the sinks in the movie.

img_0656.jpg

img_0657.jpg

Oh, and there is a strange thing just beneath the arch. A little crate with brown bricks in it. You can let them fall. WOW!

img_0658.jpg

img_0663.jpg

Another highlight in this set is the orange pumpkin head. It only appears in two sets: this one and the Scary Laboratory (1382).

img_0664.jpg

That was it. The 4712 Troll on the loose set isn't that bad. It's fine. The special pieces (sink, troll, pumpkin head) compensate the not that impressive building. Offcourse this set is usefull for its parts, just like any other Harry Potter set. It's a nice addition to your Harry Potter collection, if you collect them. If you see it for a low price, and it includes the troll, don't let it get away!

I hope you enjoyed this Harry Potter review. :classic:

Edited by WhiteFang
Poll added.

Matn, thanks for doing this review! It is wonderful to look at those past Harry Potter sets in here. I find the big troll pretty interesting, but I never really get to own this. By the way, I find this set name pretty amusing. I still prefer the recent Troll (Brown or Green) from the Castle sets. :tongue:

I have added a poll in it. Hope you don't mind. :classic:

Thanks for the review! I got this set recently, mostly because I wanted the special troll. The sink and jack o' lantern pieces are nice, too.

Man, I miss Harry Potter. It's strange, because I don't think it's a great theme- it was notorious for underdeveloped structures and having WAY too many arches- but I still really miss it. This review brought me back. Thanks, and I'd love to see some more! :thumbup:

Thanks.

And yes, I miss them too. Every time I get a "new" Harry Potter set it takes my back seven years when I was little. And then I get that nostalgic feeling, going in the toystore and seeing all those HP sets together. Oh well... The next review will be up in a few minutes. =)

That troll minifigure (or should I say gigantofigure :tongue: ) looks weird, but hey, it's an exclusive to the set! :cry_happy:

It doesn't look right when it's naked :look:

Edited by ILikePi