Ricecracker

Your first post

Hello. In this topic, you can post your first ever post on Eurobricks, so that we as a community can reflect on how far each of us have progressed, and to see what silly things we might have written way back in '07, or even '05 for some of you. I'll start off with my own:

One thing I noticed is that there are two black carrot torches

Yep :blush:,that was my very first post here on EB, on November 29, 2007.

You can find your own first post by clicking on your name at the side of your post, then clicking view member's posts, and then go to the last page, at the bottom.

@Mods/Admins: I first OKed this with Hinckley, but if you would like this closed for any reason, I understand (Well, not really, but what choice do I have :blush:)

Edited by ricecracker

Funny idea for a topic! :laugh:

Here's mine. :blush:

So when are these new sets coming out?

Way back on January 31 2008 in the Star Wars news thread. :grin:

Mine was in the "Girls, Stand Up" thread and I said...

I joined several months ago and have not posted yet blush.gif so I figure this is a good place to start since this thread is active again. I read the forum regularly and enjoy it. I started out as a POAAFOL and I guess I'm still in that category but since falling in love wubnew.gif have purchased some sets of my own and a bucket and even designed a custom lego torso of myself (how narcissistic is that?). Conversion to an AFFOL is in the making I think, but we will see where the progression takes me. blink.gif

That is all a little confusing I guess, but in context it made sense.. maybe. That was over a year ago and I still don't post very much. I do browse the forums a good bit and am on EB daily. I'm still new to the AFOL (or AFFOL) thing as I didn't realize the wonder of Lego until 3 years ago when I was 24 so I'm still a bit shy about posting, especially MOCs. :classic:

Great topic idea! :thumbup:

This is mine

Hi guys (and girls of course) I just registerd so bear with me if i do something wrong.

To the point i found this!!!!! *gasps*

www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=274464

(copy and paste. i dont know how 2 do links sorry).

Is it the new drop ship that is comming in 2008???? i hope it is!!!!

What is your Guys (girls) thoughts????

Pretty n00b ay :blush:

I've matured so much since then :tongue::thumbup::cry_happy:

This is the first time which I have ever come across such wierd topic, but it does look interesting.

This is my first post in Eurobricks, in early January last year. It does look abit noobish at the first glance.

It's look real cool and nice !!! :laugh:

Reminds me of e ninjas and samurials with a little bit of eastern touch. ^^

It was posted in this castle moc. :sweet:

Ah, interesting topic, ricecracker! Let's see...

Im not digging the dragon. It's like a cross between Viking dragons (good) and Dino 2010 aka Dino Attack dinosaurs (bad). However, I love all the minifigs, and the Good castle is awesome. The evil castle is meh, but I'll still probably get it, providing I have enough money, and these sets get released in New Zealand.

And is it just me, or does the skeleton's arms in this pic (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=2236804) look like Starwars battle droid/Life on Mars alien arms?

Ah, the ever observant iamded. :tongue: It's interesting to see my first impressions of the '07 Castle line now in 2009. Whining about my lack of money and the extreme set limitations of New Zealand... :hmpf::laugh:

~Peace

Mine is no more since I joined before we had a crach of the server :cry_sad:

But I´m not really sad for that :classic:

-Ras-

First I wanted to say: What stupid idea! :hmpf_bad:

But looking at the replies so far, the idea grew on me.

So I finally say: What a great idea! :grin:

(Thanks ricecracker!)

Although I can´t believe this was my first post:

These new sets are really neat. As a fan of the City sets i like the fire-theme most.

But could someone please post the costs of all the new sets.

TLC does not want us Europeans to know what the costs are...

I already saw the price for the AT-ST (27$), but what will be the price for the firestation and the off-road truck?

Thank you in advance,

Holodoc

Sidenote: It took me 15 days to write my first post and incredible 50 days :oh: to introduce myself.

My first post is from three years ago minus five days, and was a response to a survey:

Town

* Everyday buildings on mini fig scale, e.g railway stations, businesses to fit train displays

* Bridges

I'll say yes to the first one. Everyday buildings is something I've been longing for, taking into consideration that I never got the chance to buy those available in the late 80's/early 90's.

My personal suggestions:

- Bank

- Motorcycle dealer/garage

- Homes, villas, cottages and vacation homes

- A retake on 6394 Metro Park & Service Tower perhaps?

Obviously, all of these with minifigs and probably also vehicles included.

I'm neutral on the bridges, though.

World Buildings

* Taj Mahal

* Sydney opera house

* Empire state building

If UCS-sets were in mind, I'll have to say I'm neutral.

Vehicles

* Muscle cars, hot rods

* Ferrari e.g F40, F50, specific historical race represented

* Classic cars

Minifig-scale: Ice-cream van, a taxi, family-cars, vintage cars.

Ferrari: The Ferrari GTO, featured with features like transmission, suspension etc, like the best Technic-sets (like 8448) would be great.

Classic cars: The Ford Model-T, if featured with technical stuff mimicking the real machine it would be awesome. '59 Cadillac Eldorado would also be recomendation.

Aircraft

* Civil transport planes

* Classic planes from the early days of aviation

Other Structures

* Oil rig with functions

* Amusement park with functioning mechanical rides

Neutral to the aircraft. The Oil Rig would be cool, but should be a playset with lots of playability, including an oil-tanker. I'm neutral to the Amusement park, though a rollercoaster would be very cool.

I'm suddenly feeling very nostalgic. But that's probably because I've been here longer than most. And three years! Wow.

First I wanted to say: What stupid idea! :hmpf_bad:

Hey! Not nice :tongue:

50 days :oh: to introduce myself.

I still haven't introduced myself :hmpf:

There's some funny ones here, and I think it's a good idea to put dates, because sometimes our first posts don't necessarily correspond to the date that we joined.

I bought.

Blade titan

grand titan

cyclone defender

uplink

mobile defense tank

sky guardian

golden guardian

iron condor

shadow crawler

bridge walker vs white lightning

gate assault

fire vulture

sentry

Ah yes, that was me. :blush:

This was my first post:

I'm new to this forum, so I hope this is the right place where to post my entry.

It' the Vampire minifig; the background is 'stolen' from the NewOrleans Mansion entrance as shown on the site.

Bye to everybody.

LuxorV

It was my entry for the Hunted Mansion contest.

I was really into contests at the time, and it took me almost 2 months before I got to introduced myself :blush:

LuxorV

My first post. :laugh: I was very, very noobish to the whole community thing. :grin: Here's my first post:

I am new here! :classic: Seems like a fun website! I am crying :cry_happy: in happiness because of the new Star Wars Clone Wars sets! Can't wait! :yoda:

----------------------------

:yoda::alien::yoda:

That was my first post.......I though you had to write your signature every time you posted...... :blush:

I'm just about to commence a one and a half week long abscence from the forum, so why not add my first post to the mix as my last post before leaving?

That's really great ! I especially like the awesome headlamps on the bridge, and the train tracks were a nice touch. Keep up the good work!

Oh, yes! I loved exclaimation points!!! I really couldn't get enough of them! I used them in nearly all of my earlier posts!!! The spaces between the last letter of the sentence and the exclaimation point is a smiley, by the way. :wink: That post may not seem noobish, but as time passed by, my posts got even noobier. :cry_sad: At around 600 posts, I reformed myself, but before then...

I must say, the trolls are way more awesome than any of the others. I mean, not only do they look cool with their green skin and red eyes, but just look at those weapons! They're like, flame swords !
The sheer awesomeness of your post office is making me build my own. But I must say, that is incredible !
WHOA! Awesome MOC! That looks cool (both of them look cool!). I can only say *in the original post, about 12 :thumbup:s were here*

That is really cool!

Oh, by the way, my first post was responding to this lovely diorama by Legolas.

Hi all,... this is my first Pirates-impulse-MOC.

So C&C is welcome... ;)

The story:

Under the pirates it's a sport to steal the tricorner of the Imperial Commanders. If a pirate get one, it's like a trofee. The pirate can brag with it until someone else comes home with a new one. Until that day... he's the king and can drink for free... all day long.

This was my first post... in now called "Pirate MOC's"... and I didn't know what an impulse set was at that time... :pir-laugh:

Edited by Capt. Kirk

Well i just joined today. Anyway. I would say i like the Pirates theme. My favorite themes are by the following order: Star Wars, Pirates, City, Castle, and other.

Right now i own only three pirate sets.Imperial Flagship. Imperial Out Post. And 6285. For i don't know the actual name for it :-)

Imperials

Here it is...In the Pirate Forum. Like MANY of my early posts :laugh:

I can't believe I didn't capitalize my "I"s! :sing:

Nice topic idea :classic:

I posted my intro topic 6 mins after posting my first post.

I think it looks beeter in red *y*

LOL ^ that was my first post and I even made a typo :laugh:

Great idea for a topic. Here's mine, posted a week after I joined. I introduced myself 2 and a half months later. :hmpf:

I would love to see an original batmobile. You know,from the first tv series? I think a ucs version of that batmobile would sell well.

I still want one. :tongue:

Im prateek and well hi

my first post the day i joined and there were only 426 people here :cry_happy:

Edited by prateek

Hi everyone! This is my first post on Eurobricks. I actually like the summer toa. I have always liked onua but im a bit disappointed. onua is supposed to be small and bulky. And not wearing makutas mask

I see (somehow) the original toa in these, even gali.

I was into bionicle in those days. I actually wasnt to bad back then...

Nice Orginal Topic!! :thumbup:

It took me a while to find, but I was quite surprised at my first post :blush:

Pretty lengthy too

Just some Rumors and thoughts, but TLG is planning these for 2008

AT-AT Redesign :'-)

Falcon Third Redesign Tatooine based

More battle packs 8-�

Genosian Playset

thats all for now

Here is what I would like to see

Wampa Cave with snow luke with taun taun

Ewok village

Sheild Bunker on endor

Cantina redesign

I'll think of some more later

*Ya I know,not alot of set suggestions

The rumors, I had heard from someone in BL chat, and 2 came true :grin:

My Wish-list, well only 1 is coming true :laugh:

(I also found it funny that I sounded like a complete noob :blush: )

Edited by Piranha