Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Steve

My New Army

th_indexed.gif

I have been building this army for the past few months. It took 100 "Cannon Battle" sets, 30 "Soldiers Arsenal" sets and some other sets soldiers as well. I am hoping to get it up to 200 Soldiers soon. I also have another few hundred of the old soldiers that I am getting ready to combine with this army.

imperial_army_001.jpg

imperial_army_001.jpg_thumb.jpg

imperial_army_002.jpg_thumb.jpg

imperial_army_003.jpg_thumb.jpg

imperial_army_004.jpg_thumb.jpg

imperial_army_005.jpg_thumb.jpg

imperial_army_007.jpg_thumb.jpg

imperial_army_008.jpg_thumb.jpg

imperial_army_009.jpg_thumb.jpg

Edited by SlyOwl

Woah! So how much money in total have you spent? That is a really cool army and I wish you luck on building it :pir_laugh2:

That looks highly expensive; and yet incredibly impressive. I would love to see the combined army.

Edited by Huntleyfx

Woah! So how much money in total have you spent? That is a really cool army and I wish you luck on building it :pir_laugh2:

It was about $700 US for the cannon battles and Impulse Sets and probably another $50 for backpacks from Brick link....Plus the other pirate sets that I pulled a few more soldiers from.

now I have over 100 Cannons to use with my army when it is finished

I will eventually sell many of the pirates (from the cannon battle) on e-bay to try to get a little money back

My new army only has around 30 soldiers :pir-sceptic: Wal Mart has finally started stocking Cannon battle, but if I want to get the Impulses, I'm stuck ordering them from Lego 5 at a time

Pretty nice. Reminds me that I've been too focused on SW lately and Castle lately. Plus I was busy paying off a new car I got recently. But now you've inspired me to go get some more pirates.

My new army only has around 30 soldiers :pir-sceptic: Wal Mart has finally started stocking Cannon battle, but if I want to get the Impulses, I'm stuck ordering them from Lego 5 at a time

When the line was first available on S@H there was no limit and I bought 30 Impulse sets (free shipping too). I hope they stop the limit of 5 at a time soon

I am working on updating my old red coats to add in to my new army. When complete I should have about 150 new redcoats and 200+ old redcoats complete with new reddish-brown back packs, muskets and new Shakos.

I am also working on finishing my blue coat army (250 soldiers).

As soon as I finish my ship I will assemble my Army and post some pics.

Meijer and Target both have them. I just bought another cannon battle and soldier's arsenal a couple days ago. Also, check the endcaps for soldier's arsenal because sometimes they are not with the rest of the LEGO.

-Super

Meijer and Target both have them. I just bought another cannon battle and soldier's arsenal a couple days ago. Also, check the endcaps for soldier's arsenal because sometimes they are not with the rest of the LEGO.

-Super

Thats good to know....I just got a Target gift card....I guess I know how I am going to spend it :jollyroger:

I am also working on finishing my blue coat army (250 soldiers). As soon as I finish my ship I will assemble my Army and post some pics.

It's already a very impressive army, I'm really curious about how this will look like in the end. You don't need much skills to buy an army, but you do need them to build a good-looking ship so that's also something i'm looking forward to. as I said, it's already very impressive :pir-classic:

You don't need much skills to buy an army, but you do need them to build a good-looking ship so that's also something i'm looking forward to. as I said, it's already very impressive :pir-classic:

That is very well said, I think my ship building is fair at best at this point (especially compared to some of the MOCs posted over the past week). Building the large number of troops is just a collection...for the 12 year old in me who would have done anything to have an army 1/10th that size.

for the 12 year old in me who would have done anything to have an army 1/10th that size.

That 12 year old is an expensive kid isn't he? :pir_laugh2:

That 12 year old is an expensive kid isn't he? :pir_laugh2:

Yes he is....VERY!

I do wish I could go back in time and hand my Lego Collection over to myself at that age.

I do wish I could go back in time and hand my Lego Collection over to myself at that age.

That would be awsome but could you imagine the mess we would have made and our parents reaction to that many lego being on the floor at once....aw it would have been fun though!

That would be awsome but could you imagine the mess we would have made and our parents reaction to that many lego being on the floor at once....aw it would have been fun though!

Yes it would have been very fun!

Yes it would have been very fun!

After all the hours I spent organizing my pieces I don't think I will ever let anyone play with them, especially the old version of myself! I never realized how much easier and faster it was to build MOCs once the pieces were organized!