Wouwie

New sets!

Just found a Captain Keyring and a Pirates Magnet set, pictures are links!

852543-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

852544-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

Discuss it here!

Awesome pieces to have! I want them all. :pir_laugh2:

Sad thing the governor/admiral isn't between those guys but I like it!

Great find Wouwie! :thumbup:

Cool news and I really want them but on UK shop@home they are 'not available' although they are there...

These seem great with all their accessories. Even better that they are just normal figs or magnetic lego bricks.

Edited by Skipper 24

Anyone knows if you can take the minifigs apart? I think I buy these a lot just for the minifigs then. :pir-blush:

The magnets are just minifgs on a brick with a magnet, so I think yes, the keychain I think also, but with the head always attached to the chain, but there's somewhere a tutorial on how to remove the chain.

Very nice find. Although I'm not a pirates collector, I just might get this for the two guns, the golden scope, the two color bird, and the pirate golden hook, shoulder pads, and brown wooden leg.

And a note: Not talking to anyone who's already asked this, but the next person who asks about the minifigs being glued or not, I will PM you a list of the, in counting 32 previous posts in star wars, Indiana Jones, and other topics. :tongue:

I think only the keychain is glued, if the parts become lame it would fall apart.

If it wasn't glued it wouldn't be handy to put the keychain along with your key in your pocket. A pocket with pieces. :pir-blush:

Mabye you should change the name of the thread since its a little off-putting...

I thought you meant New "Sets" not little magnets and keychains. :pir_bawling:

Well, If they are not sets, what are they then?

They didn't drop from the sky did they?

On a more serious note, I do agree a bit with you. My hopes were also higher when I read the words "New sets".

Not at all disappointing though, just a little surprise. :pir-blush:

Would it be possible to call them accessories? It might fit better. The magnet set has some potential, predominately because of Brickbeard. Otherwise the lower priced sets in the range, (Cannon Battle, Kraken Attack) have the other figures. I might have to order the keychain though.

Edited by Huntleyfx

Very nice find Wouwie!

I would really like to know for sure how these minifigs are connected to the bricks (of the magnet set). Are the figs identical to the normal figs and can they be separated from the magnet-bricks without trouble? I'm only interested in the figs and couldn't care less about magnets.

Nice find Wouwie!

It's really good that the Pirates gets a magnet set too.

The minifigs are good but I think the soldier is unnecessary when there is a impulse set with it. I would've loved to see the admiral in this set, or at least an officer with a tricorne. The pirate isn't perfect either since it is the same torso as in the impulse but it is a good head and a parrot is always nice. Captain Brickbeard is the main reason to buy this set IMHO. His torso is just :pir-wub:

Very nice find Wouwie!

I would really like to know for sure how these minifigs are connected to the bricks (of the magnet set). Are the figs identical to the normal figs and can they be separated from the magnet-bricks without trouble? I'm only interested in the figs and couldn't care less about magnets.

They are indeed normal figs Bonaparte. :pir-classic: I believe someone did a review of one of the Star Wars magnet sets a while back and confirmed this.

Much better than the old glued versions. I'm not super excited about this because I already have multiples of these figs, but it's a great way to get them if you want. A+ TLG!

They are indeed normal figs Bonaparte. :pir-classic: I believe someone did a review of one of the Star Wars magnet sets a while back and confirmed this.

Thanks for that info. Based on your suggestion I was able to find the review in the SW forum.

the magnet set looks really nice! minifigs with accessories! I wished it came with the rare female pirate minifig or the governer though.

First there were Indy, then Star Wars,Spongebob, and now this, what's next Power Miners. The thing I like about this "set" is that it's the cheapest way to get Capt. Brickbeard.

I think they are available on the UK S@H, I can add them to my cart. Not gonna be buying them yet anyhow, no money (Curse you Bricklink!)

Also, does the parrot have a new connection to the pirates hand? It seems a bit weird?

Actually, zooming in on the photo, I think the parrot may be glued to the hand! Laaaame