Maersk Sealand 10152  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this set?

• Great!
    • Good
    • Average
    • Nothing Special
    • Horrible

For my first post ever, I thought I'd review the Maersk Sealand container vessel.

The BOX:

3265059059_35b07871a5_b.jpg

Seeing the box for the first time wet my appetite to get this thing opened and built. Very strong box appeal.

The BAGS:

3265884258_eb90fa300b_b.jpg

Not that daunting. Let's get em open!

The Stickers....ugh

3265059211_dcb4b91065_b.jpg

Not that the stickers look bad, theres just a ton. I sighed when I pulled these out of the box.

The build

3265059641_ed7ea4856b_b.jpg

The Hull complete, on to building out the top.

3265059771_3893437488_b.jpg

Top done, now the plethera of containers and the sticker application. Ugh again.

3265173517_53509f3076_b.jpg

3265173787_5b54fef008_b.jpg

Finished product, less about 8 containers. I got burnt out on building and applying the stickers.

Pros:

- Great showpiece

- Satisfying final product

- With the containers the ship looks great

Cons:

- Showpiece, not really for kids unless they've got an affection for container vessels

- Containers are a repetitive build

- Sticker hell

Final Verdict\Score

I recommend to anyone that just likes to display their Lego collection. This baby is not a toy. This will be a great addition to my office shelf. It looks very professional in my opinion. I did not care for the large amount of stickers but they do look good once applied. I say pick it up if you've got the cash to fork out.

Grade: A-

Edited by ImperialShadows
Poll'd

Very good. I really like this set, although I don't own it. My only pickle with it is that it isn't minifig scale. I know that if it was it would escalate the price HEAPS, but I would be willing to pay more for a good sized minifig ship.

But great review. Perhaps you should ask one of the staff to make a poll for you?

I just had a Mystery Ship flashback :blush: .

I actually picked up this set back when it was available, but never built it. I've always wondered what it looked like constructed. Thanks for the review Legomyeggo; and also welcome to Eurobricks.

The ship is much longer than I thought. I just wish Lego had made it smaller and more along minifig scale (for playability). It's still a nice ship and the light blue makes a really great color. I tend to agree with you that it would make an interesting model for an office or display. :thumbup:

The ship is much longer than I thought. I just wish Lego had made it smaller and more along minifig scale (for playability). It's still a nice ship and the light blue makes a really great color. I tend to agree with you that it would make an interesting model for an office or display. :thumbup:

I agree with the minifig assessment. I was thinking the same thing when building this thing out. The ship would be an absolute behemoth though if they scaled it to minifigs. Were talking probably a $500 set and the sucker would be 4 ft long.

Wow, that ship really looks great! It's something you should adorn the top of a bookcase with; even in a professional environment, that thing just radiates class.

Be happy they didn't make the Jahre Viking, that'd eat up a dinner table worth of space when finished!

This is a fantastic looking set, by all means. But, while I have nothing against stickers, even a person like me would find attaching all those stickers a chore, and should either be used as punishment or a way for the kids to finance their candy consumption.

Good review. :thumbup:

I just had a Mystery Ship flashback :blush: .

Everyday, I still think about how much I enjoyed watching that, and how much I wanted to play.

I've always loved this set, and contemplated getting it many times, but in the end I feel that I like MOCing better than displaying official models (however lovely they are).

Nice review, well done :thumbup:

If I saw the first pictures I couldn't believe my eyes. This ship is bigger than I thought.

I really love it, especially the new blue brick colour :wub:

Hope I get this soon...

Greetings 'Bricks'

Very good. I really like this set, although I don't own it. My only pickle with it is that it isn't minifig scale. I know that if it was it would escalate the price HEAPS, but I would be willing to pay more for a good sized minifig ship.

But great review. Perhaps you should ask one of the staff to make a poll for you?

if it was minifig scale, it would have to be over 2 meters long

I voted for great! It's a wonderful ship, but as you say I also believe it's not a toy for lil' children. Though I know it isn't minifig scale, it would've been nice if you had put a minifig near the ship. Just for size comparison's sake. I would have found such a comparison interesting.

Great set!

I happen to work in the Logistics field (in fact, Maersk is one of our main transport providers) and what a great piece of art to have it in your office!

I've just found the perfect excuse to buy one more Lego set! :wink:

I think that with some modifications it could easily be turned into a minifig scale ship. Not of course an actual scale ship but a smaller container vessel (just like the ship from the 7994 City harbor).

The accomodation/bridge part is very well designed. The stickers don't really bother me because they add to the whole ship realistic look.

Just one question: What's the ships length?

Be happy they didn't make the Jahre Viking, that'd eat up a dinner table worth of space when finished!

:laugh:

Great point Freddie!

And for those who are curious about the world's biggest ship CLICK HERE

Here are some pics of the ship with a minifig to help with the scale. The ship is 27 inches long. I also added a few more containers.

3276143818_5d4f4e65bb_b.jpg

3276144652_c96fc2eb80_b.jpg

Truly a beautiful set! :wub: I do have an affection for container vessels so while I can't justify buying one of those, I might have to build something similar from parts. Thanks for the review! :sweet:

Great job on the review, and I appreciate that someone made a review for this set. I can now understand why it's priced over GBP 100 on Lego S@H - that thing is huge!.

I think the main temptation for purchasing this set will be those Maersk Blue bricks (I had a look around once I found out it was released, and they are apparently Maersk Blue)... I know if I came upon this set I wouldn't bother building the ship. But I like the amount of detail in the model, particularly the crates.

But I have no idea which company this boat is for. :sceptic:

Great review! The size of this ship impressive as is the amount of Maersk Blue pieces included with it! :thumbup:

Very well done on the review :classic:

~buddy~

No point to the set unless you are someone that has to have everything that says "Lego" on it.

Edited by romdam

I am not one to usually point this out but no one has done it yet. This is a review of the old Maersk ship and not the new one that was just released which is 10155 although I am reading that they are almost identical.

Regardless, this was a good review and I would like to buy the new set but I don't know if I can justify the $120 price tag since I am reading that 10152 was $75 in the US.

But I have no idea which company this boat is for. :sceptic:

The ship is for the Maersk Company

Edited by DHCP1121

Regardless, this was a good review and I would like to buy the new set but I don't know if I can justify the $120 price tag since I am reading that 10152 was $75 in the US.

Funny enough, I was cleaning out the house looking for Lego bricks earlier today, and stumbled upon my brother's Fall 2005 Lego catalog, and saw the listing for the 10152 Maersk Sealand and thinking "Man, that looks so cool!", and then finding out they re-released it was amazing. :laugh:

Sad to say, I agree, I am not sure if I can justify $120 (and yeah, the orignal was $75 according to the 2005 catalog), but it'd be cool display, and the light blue pieces could be useful.