Sign in to follow this  
Brickvergnugen

Pirate Lair

Very nice! Although I think you should change the flags. BUT thats your dissision. It can also double as a imperial one to. :)

I love the bridge out to the observation platform, and the skulls wearing shakos are a nice touch. This is a great pirate hideout!

This is fantastic! A great pirate hideout!

I like all the features of this MOC, everything what a pirate belongs is in it. :pir-blush:

The roofing is great, the interior of the hidout too. The pirate flag is a very nice addition and fits great here.

I also like the good use of the baseplates.

You've done a great job on this and I can't wait to see future MOCs of you! :thumbup:

First things first, that lookout tower is totally awesome :thumbup: it reminds me of the game "Tropico Pirates" In the game you are a pirate king who runs/rules an island. Anyway the point is that it has some AWESOME MOC ideas for hideouts, pirate forts, and pirate related decor. I strongly suggest purchasing the game.

Your roof is very well done.

Good use of the Loot Island Baseplate, sometimes it can be can be a challenge to use such an awkward peice :thumbup: :thumbup:

I love the strung up shark.

Maybe a few close up pics of it.

Good job.

Edited by Ratshot

Nice MOC. The big (tavern-like) building, the skulls with shako's, the big shark hanging near the docks... lovely!

Very impressive! I really like the overall look. The messed up docks, bridges, porch, and fort are really well made. I like the use of the cylinders on the roof and the loot island bases as the island. For your picture's background you might want to buy a science fair board.

That looks awesome! I like the use of the new sand/beach/island baseplates :thumbup:

The interior could use a little more work but its good none the less!

Very nicely done, lots of cool little features (my favourite is the little shark on the wooden rack). :thumbup: Its the little things that make it so good.

On a related note, the use of baseplates as photographic backgrounds is okay...however, you let your camera wander a bit in a few pictures (as seen in the picture brought up by Skelotic). Still, though, very well done.

Thanks for the comments. I'd love to hear any specific suggestions for improvements related to building or design. I know the photos are crummy. There was a rush to get photos of this one before I have to tear everything down and pack it up for an upcoming move. Unfortunately, I wasn't completely done and hope to rebuild it in a couple of months after getting settled in.

Very nice mos indeed. Love how you can use the new pirate baseplates in the moc.

With regards to improvements, I'd say that if its supposed to be a lair, it should look more like a hideout, and not a house. Maybe make it look more like a cave by making the roof smaller and adding more foilage. Just my thoughts.

Impressive use of the new Loot Island baseplate. A nice place to lay low from the Imperials; excellent work.

Indeed! I didn't like them at all, so it's reassuring someone was able to use them!

I like the roof, the way it's textured is a nice add, and the interior to the lair sweetens the deal imo.