donneyboy

Vintage Minifigure Collection II

Hey, I was browsing Brickshelf when I came across this-

3261491800_33c2a4877d.jpg

It looks to me like a second Vintage Minifigure Collection.

Edited by donneyboy

Cool. Looks nice, especially that pirate. However I think they cheated by putting two classic space figures in there...What is the red shirt one from 1982 supposed to be? Looks like town, but I don't know what...

Ooh, I love the Ninja. But I wonder, if they release an old minifig for the next collection, with Dark Gray, will they use the old color to keep it official, or will they use Dark Bluish Gray because it's all they have? :tongue:

EDIT: Holy cheesecake I've been knighted! Do I get a sword now? :tongue:

Edited by Darth Legolas

This looks good. The ninja I great especially, however I don't think it should have come with 2 Classic Space figures. One of them could have been castle or something.

It looks nice but it has 2 classic spacemen and there was already one in the first edition. It was maybe better to put a blacktron or a forestman or some other castle faction fig or a paradisa woman in it. Now it is very classic space.

@ Darth Person: The redshirt guy from 1982 is a classic town postman. The picture on his chest was also put in other colours on many mailbaxes.

It looks nice and I always liked those black classic space guys, but I doubt I will buy it if it costs as much as the previous did. :tongue:

But I wonder, if they release an old minifig for the next collection, with Dark Gray, will they use the old color to keep it official, or will they use Dark Bluish Gray because it's all they have?

Yeah, they would use the blays, as was done in the last wave of Legends sets. I don't think TLG is even capable of producing the old grays at this point, without re-tooling some of their machines.

This one looks much better than the first. :thumbup: (witch i decided not to purchase)

ill pick this one up if they replace one of the spacemen to add more veriety. :pirate:

That's pretty awesome! But I hope they'll redo those Classic Spacemen. The logo is centered, but it has to be in the left corner above... I hope they'll redo that because the red one in Volume 1 was printed as it has to be. However, details, it's nice.

I didnt know they had black space men only the other ones with robot like torsos. It looks nice though.

This is certainly interesting. I never had the chance to get the red ninja and the pirate is nice to.

An improvement from the first one, at least for all history interested peoples.

That's pretty awesome! But I hope they'll redo those Classic Spacemen. The logo is centered, but it has to be in the left corner above... I hope they'll redo that because the red one in Volume 1 was printed as it has to be. However, details, it's nice.

The CS-logo always has been centered... even the first ones with a sticker (white & red). The only difference is that it was printed higher on the torso (from white to black).

sp006.jpg

sp005.jpg

sp007.jpg

sp004.jpg

sp003.jpg

By the way,... for those how missed the Vintage Minifigure Collection Vol. 1...

this was in it and here you see that the CS-logo is printed like it should be.

2512509559_09a8b68a54.jpg

Edited by Capt. Kirk

If Lego ever decides to drop the price on these things, I might seriously consider picking it up. The Classic Space figures are awesome, and in my two favorite colors; and the Pirate - well, he's a Pirate! What more can I say?

But the current price for them is a little out of whack - I'd much rather pick them up on Bricklink...

~Trexxen

Now you're talking, TLC! :pir-sweet:

I MIGHT consider actually buying this one if I've got money to burn at some point or if it's price is dropped.

Bluebeard, out-

Edited by Capt. Bluebeard

Probably gonna cost a fortune like the last one...

Better start saving. I'm guesstimating €18.99.

Looks nice, although maybe for the next one they could put the Forestwoman in?

Wow, this volume II is awsome. I can't wait for this set to come out in stores because this is what I wanted.

Finnally! There's a pirate!

Why 2 spacemen? There should be 2 pirates!

Also, that's a cool ninja!

I hope that post dudes good. :sceptic:

Now you're talking, TLC! :pir-sweet:

I MIGHT consider actually buying this one if I've got money to burn at some point or if it's price is dropped.

Bluebeard, out-

Seconded!

Lovin the red Ninja! :thumbup:

Two more space figures? Wonder why space is getting all the love?

Steve

As much as I'm excited about the prospect of new versions of the Classic Space torso and the ninja going into circulation, I must say I'm confused at some of the choices. Why a red ninja instead of a black or gray ninja? Why have we seen so many space men and so few castle figs? Where are the female figs? Why are these things so expensive? :sing:

I will probably get one of these anyway though. I do so love ninjas. :sweet: