ZCerberus

Fort Brighton East

.............................That thing is HUGE!!!!!!!! :imperialguard_commander1: just wondering how did you make the stained glass?

Fences my man, fences...

img_3276.jpg

Then I put in round translucent stud plates on the backside. You can fit 8 studs on the back of a tall fence with another three studs int he "middle gaps" on top of the first layer of studs. Square 1x1 translucent plates will also work but there is less you can do with those.

But what's with the SW stuff?

Umm... it is an IMPERIAL fortress... duh! :pir-tongue:

Oh, right...

I still believe it's a little silly, though.

I only had those there for the very early photos for a bit of fun...

Did you see the more recent pics? The fortress looked more like this about two weeks ago

img_3531.jpg

img_4099.jpg

I am updating it now to be about 8 studs wider (it was too narrow as you can see in the pics)-- it is coming along- so new pics soonish...

Something a little different... the top level of Fort Brighton is now going to house at least one and maybe two mortars.

Here is a look at a mortar that would have been used back in the pirate era.

I figure it would have taken at least 5 guys to work one of these things... one to spot, and four to load, stuff, position and fire the thing.

img_4759.jpg

A few shots of just the mortar.

img_4753.jpg

img_4755.jpg

I also found out they would pound a wedge underneath the mortar to add elevation. You can see the strong, man with the big hammer hitting the wedge in to raise the mortar's firing angle.

img_4735.jpg

And one last "old time" shot of them working the mortar. I know photography wasn't yet invented- but I took these at night when the flash ruins the pictures- they actually look better in the "sepia" type style.

img_4745.jpg

Anyhow, the fortress is now eight studs wider... I am thinking i might be a bit too short now but I will get some photos of that soonish.

Wider and more detailed fortress section progress...

3/4

img_4780.jpg

3/4 with a better view from the top

img_4781.jpg

Front including more detailed balcony

img_4779.jpg

New rocks and extra gun port down in front

img_4777.jpg

tiling detail on fortress... ran out of 2 x 2 light bley tiles

img_4778.jpg

img_4762.jpg

View of the new mortars up top

img_4761.jpg

I am starting to think it may need to be about 2 bricks taller..

I'm speechless Zcerberus! :pir-cry_happy:

Those mortars are just perfect! Exactly as how they look like in real!

The fort is just lovely, the new things you add now and then make it even better every time. It's so detailed all! :pir-wub:

It's so cool to look at!

Great job and keep it up Zcerberus! :thumbup:

Wow, truly stunning new additions Z, I love the mortars, they look exactly right, and the front of the fortress is simply breath taking. Also I do believe you did find the perfect width, as it looks truly stunning now. Great job and DEFINITELY keep bricking :thumbup:

:pir-oh: that is very very beatifull fort and most strongest defens i guess :pir-skull: Pirates and Bluecoats will be destroy if they are gonna try to capture this :pir-tongue:

Awesome job mate, keep it up

Pirates and bluecoats, you have been warned :jollyroger:

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

Been away for awhile, here is another house in the harbor.

Next up is some ship work... so Fortress my be on hold for awhile.

img_5911.jpg

img_5923.jpg

img_5924.jpg

img_5922.jpg

What a beautiful house to join your collection of AWESOME creations ! :pir-grin:

Keep up the COOL designs and I'm a conformist! ! :pir-sweet:

I made some minor changes to the fortress which I have not photographed... more tiling on the fortress and a large dock on the side. I will try to post pictures of that tomorrow.

I also have been revamping some of the houses.

I decided they were too small. The "barrister's office" and the new "red house" are more of the appropriate size, so I am going with that size for the rest of the houses as well. they are only about two studs deeper, but it makes a big difference.

The Barrister's office and the red house:

img_4606.jpg

img_5923.jpg

Compared to:

img_4135.jpg

I am also working on the Phantom again. so much work... so little time!!

Edited by ZCerberus

I am also working on the Phantom again. so much work... so little time!!

Oh, i though at you were finished the Phantom already? But i see at you wasnt, still work at it and thats only good. Its a huge vessel and will rule the seas. And i agree at you have lots of work but so little time, maby you should try to finish the phantom or the fort first and then move to another. But good luck, you are doing great, those houses are fantasicly done. Keep it up

Captain Becker

I see at you change the 1x1 pillars to 2x2 round bricks, the dock is fitting very well on that. Keep it up and good luck (You will need it alot)

Captain Becker

I'm seeing this for the first time and it is amazing. A great fort and the dock section is very great.

I do envy the amount of white bricks you have :pir-tongue:

I don't get on here as often as I'd like and since I'm only now discovering this, it's pretty obvious I am behind the times, but...

Holy Scurvy-Infested Ceremonial Gold-Plated Monkey Head on a Tribal Platter, Batman!!!

This is absolutely incredible! It just completely blows me away. I knew you were talented from your TOR II entries, but I am just bamboozled and befuddled by the sheer awesomeness of this. The simple compilation of parts needed to undertake such a project is baffling to me, much less the skill and talent to make it a reality.

I am in utter awe, Z. And I humbly bow before your genius.

Thanks for sharing such an awe-inspiring project and also for taking my pathetic dreams and aspirations for a fort by comparison and shattering them to pitiable, laughable little pieces.

Fair winds and followings seas, Z, Master of Imperial Forts!

(I really need to explore this whole MOC forum better - I am shocked at the level of expertise and skill by so many of you guys!)

(I really need to explore this whole MOC forum better - I am shocked at the level of expertise and skill by so many of you guys!)

When I first started posting here, I can tell you the skill level was no where near where it is now. I think that posting here and sharing everyone's creations has really upped the skills of many members, including myself.

My MOCs are probably relatively hard to find as I never finish one enough for it to be indexed, then I move onto another and don't post the most regular updates... I should really try to finish SOMETHING one of these days.

Z,

this compilation of MOCs is looking AWESOME!! :pir-cry_happy:

Thanks Phred-o...

... Where's the Constitution??

Thanks Phred-o...

... Where's the Constitution??

She's still alive. Only a little to update in the past year. I'd like to post some updates, but our camera has broke. :pir-cry_sad: