ZCerberus

Fort Brighton East

Looks great Z. The dome tops do make the church look like a Spanish Cathedral. Oh, and are those cannon I see run out the two windows by the front door of the Cathedral? Talk about fire and brimstone, more like fire and grapeshot. :pir_laugh2:

I'm loving the towers on the churh Z, may i ask where you got the domes from?

The pearl gold accents are a nice touch as well, it does however give it a bit of a Spanish Catholic look while i thought fort Brighton is English?

I'm loving the towers on the churh Z, may i ask where you got the domes from?

You can find them in several sets- most notable on the back of the Mars Mission Drill Walker and the I also know there is on one the top of a Sponge Bob rocket ship-- they are probably in a few other places as well...

The pearl gold accents are a nice touch as well, it does however give it a bit of a Spanish Catholic look while i thought fort Brighton is English?

All part of the mystique and story my friend. The cathedral was built by the Spanish but when the Spanish protectors left the citizens of the village to fend for themselves from the invading pirate horde, the citizens defended themselves with a last stand at the cathedral. When the Brick-tish arrived to drive off the pirates, they took over the cathedral as a base of operations. The thankful citizens and Brick-tish then constructed the firing platform and light tower to make the fortification more functional.

Oh, and are those cannon I see run out the two windows by the front door of the Cathedral? Talk about fire and brimstone, more like fire and grapeshot.

Yes- I am using the small rail attached guns-- known as "swivel guns" when they are on ships in several places. Grapeshot should be a good choice for close quarter combat like this!

how do you make the diagonal wall corners?

Welcome Captain Stewart Strike-

Well the diagonal walls are 2 bricks wide so the inter row of bricks are hinged and the outer row of bricks "overlap" the edge there the hinges are. I am sure there are other ways to do it as well- but this technique works well for this fortress

Edited by ZCerberus

how do you make the diagonal wall corners?
Well the diagonal walls are 2 bricks wide so the inter row of bricks are hinged and the outer row of bricks "overlap" the edge there the hinges are. I am sure there are other ways to do it as well- but this technique works well for this fortress

In other words, he's very tricky. :pir-tongue:

Z, this is looking better every time I see it. You are an amazing builder, and I along with everyone else on this forum aspire to you. I would like to see you build a big old style architecture railway station sometime - the old architecture really would suit your style.

This is a very good MOC my friend, it is a pleasure to view it. :thumbup:

Dear ZCerberus,

Most has been said already, but I just wanted to add that I

really like those huge windows. :thumbup:

Kind regards,

Teddy

Those windows are beautiful :pir-wub:

I'm going to have to steal do that to my windows of my next church. :pir-grin:

My current thought is to add some battle damage to the cathedral section-- I have some really dirty white bricks, but not too many that have the "yellowing" effect.

I also have a bunch of those textured white bricks with the groves vertical on one side and horizontal on the other-- that is also an option- we'll see-- the roof on the cathedral will be dark red like the roof on the tower section so that may help with all the white...

I'd be willing to trade! :pir-laugh:

Or you could put in some light gray (or bley) or maybe even tan on the worn out and battle damaged sections.

It looks huge!

It is huge! It's one of the best ones I've seen lately. That tower, magnificient!

Some updates-

I have been working on the fort- it is just slow progress. Some pics of the cathedral with some more work- the round window in the front is subject to changes- I don't like the light blue in it and I need something to finish off the ring around it...

Big addition is obviously the dome.

img_3391.jpg

img_3392.jpg

img_3393.jpg

Ow my goddy goodness! This is huge! Much bigger then I expected it would become!

The dome and the two towers are very nicely done. And all the little things everywhere... Looks great!

I don't understand why there are cannons in a cathedral. :pir_laugh2: Is it to shoot at the unholy ones? :pir_laugh2:

They look great though. :thumbup:

Great work so far Z!

The windows are stunning. I dunno about the light bley in the window though.

Are you planning on putting 3 mm flex hose on there?

img_3393.jpg

Is this a swivel gun on the church? :pir-oh3:

Hopefully the local bishop doesn't mind. :pir-wink:

The windows are stunning. I dunno about the light bley in the window though.

Are you planning on putting 3 mm flex hose on there?

Flex hose is the idea- but I don't have any in white so I might end up using brown.. err.. "copper" colored stuff ;) . I also don't like the bley in that spot- but like I said I am not happy with that window yet. I used the bley because I had the right parts in that color, if I can find some more white 1x1 clips I will swith it over.

I also wish I could do the dome in dark red, but I simply don't have the parts for that- the Bley up there works okay- just not ideal! I would still prefer to do the roof in dark red- but I am not sure how it is going to look- guess we'll find out soon enough!

Sounds very promising! I see you have used quite much gold/copper colours in the top of the towers, maybe it would be a nice idea to use some gold/copper below too to break the pale white colour.

Just an idea. :pir-blush:

I think the result of making the dome dark red will be stunning! Bring it on!

Quick Question. How many of the new 2009 pirate line soldiers do you have ZCerberus?

Quick Question. How many of the new 2009 pirate line soldiers do you have ZCerberus?

A lot- I buy cannon battles in bulk!!

Awesome fort! I love it! full of details and very biiig ! and the cathedral is just :pir-wub:

Everything about this fort is in perfect scale with the minifigures, the cathedral is my favourite part so far with plenty of detail. Is the fort going to expand or join up with a village?

Update:

Still some details on the cathedral, but it structurally about right.

img_3450.jpg

img_3453.jpg

img_3454.jpg

img_3455.jpg

img_3459.jpg

img_3457.jpg

img_3460.jpg

And below you can see my sigfig standing in front of a church with a raven haired beauty wearing a white dress... is my sigfig's piratey past foreshadowing my future????

img_3451.jpg

I am fairly happy with it... I wish the dome was either dark red or white or the rest of the roof was bley- but I just don't have the parts for that.

I am rebuilding the tower next- I am going to put some space between the cathedral and the fortress and make the fortress section more... fortress-y...

Progress is slow but happening!

Edited by ZCerberus

And you're going to bring this to Brickworld, right? :thumbup:

Looks great! Your dome looks top-notch!

This is a massive undertaking, but you have built a beautiful Fort Z, So many nice features, I am amazed by the work that has gone into it. :thumbup:

Looks great! Your dome looks top-notch!

I second that, most impressive!

A most impressive work Z, the dark red roof and the dome are beautiful! :thumbup:

I can't help but wonder why the wooden stand is on the side and that there are (no more) windows there?