Sign in to follow this  
Dreamweb

Third pirate captain

In Pirate line we had Red Beard, Ironhhook and...? There's one more pirate captain whom we can see in Pirates Perilous Pitfall. Does anyone now what his name is? Is this the only set he was in (I think so)?

captain9hg.jpg

That's him as seen on the set's box (I don't own this set, the picture's taken from lugnet).

Now this is very interesting... I never saw this mini-figure as a captain before but you could be onto something here. Pirates Perilous Pitfall is a large set that DOES NOT include a Captain Roger/Red Beard or Iron Hook mini-figure. I never realised this before!

I just happen to have a Pirates Perilous Pitfall and the box as well. On the inner flap there's an inscription that reads:

Captain Redbeard and his renegade pirates want to get their hands on the Imperial gold. With the building of sets from LEGO SYSTEM

Well, it can't be Red Beard in disguise. Doesn't he have to many hands and eyes for Red Beard (and Ironhook as well)? :) It's gotta be somone else.

Yes, its definitely not Red Beard! I have him here with me now but he won't tell me his name!

I know, bring him outside and put a magnifying glass over him, he'll talk! lol anyways the head and torso also appeared in-

6250: Cross Bone Clipper

6232: Skeleton Crew

6249: Pirates Ambush

and as you know-6281: Pirates Perilous Pitfall

So I am just geussing LEGO made him just for fun :-D

No, in those other sets we had different guys. Only here has he got a pegleg and captain's hat. Can anyone who owns this set (6281) post a picture of his face, or a link to this head piece on peeron?

Very cool! He seems to be a veteran and pretty important(or just stupid and lucky!).

You could be on to something here!

Here are all the variations of pirates with that face:

6250 Cross Bone Clipper

Pirate_green_shirt4_small.jpg

6232 Skeleton Crew

Pirate_green_shirt6_small.jpg

6249 Pirates Ambush

Pirate_green_shirt3_small.jpg

6289 Red Beard Runner

Pirate_green_shirt_small.jpg

6296 Shipwrecked

Pirate_green_shirt5_small.jpg

And here is the man in question:

6281 Pirates Perilous Pitfall

Pirate_green_shirt2_small.jpg

With his hat with plume and peg leg he is considerably different to the rest. Its nice to see that LEGO endevaoured to make each one different, rather than re-using the same configuration.

Only the last one of them is the captain...

Well that's one more reason for Lego to continue the Pirate line - they should release more sets with this character and tell us his name :)

Yes, he seems to be an enigma! But alas, LEGO probably won't do that even if they do decide to continue the pirate theme - and that isn't looking likely at the moment.

So it will have to be upto us to establish an identity for this mini-figure.

I've always had my own personal theory to account for this... though never the set...

This fig took over Red Beard's crew after a mutiny which occurred just after the shipwreck that landed them all there... Red Beard sailed away with his few loyal followers (it was a friendly mutiny ;) ) in the Cross Bone Clipper. Disturbingly for a pirate story follower Will is not among them; mind you he hasn't appeared for a while, maybe he was killed or marooned...

God Bless,

Nathan

This fig took over Red Beard's crew after a mutiny which occurred just after the shipwreck that landed them all there...

This is quite a nice explanation. As I see it now, it is the same guy who appeared in the previous sets (all the variations shown by mister_phes) and served under Red Beard, then during the crash you mentioned he lost a leg (hence the pegleg in Pirates Perilous Pitfall) and then he mutinied and became a new captain.

This fig took over Red Beard's crew after a mutiny which occurred just after the shipwreck that landed them all there...

This is quite a nice explanation. As I see it now, it is the same guy who appeared in the previous sets (all the variations shown by mister_phes) and served under Red Beard, then during the crash you mentioned he lost a leg (hence the pegleg in Pirates Perilous Pitfall) and then he mutinied and became a new captain.

Exactly and Thanks...

God Bless,

Nathan

Did you invent a name for this mutinous captain, Norro?

No, he seemed too peripheral...

God Bless,

Nathan

Well we need to invent a name for this annonymous captain...

Do I scent another poll?

God Bless,

Nathan

Do we need a poll for this? First we need suggestions for a name... There is no current data for a poll otherwise!

Now I can finally actually make this guy. The only thing that made it impossible for me to do it before was the lack of the proper head, however today I received two of them - one in each set I got.

He's been part of my crew ever since I got my Pirates Perilous Pitfall...

Do we have a name for him yet?

Phes- for arguments sake... he hasn't yet attained the 'mister' though ;)

God Bless,

Nathan

El Rosalero

thats what I say we call him...

A mysterious name, for a mysterious pirate.

Although throughout the Spanish Mane he was called different names... he changed his identity, but when he finally comes into his own(after losing a leg and finding a Bicorne with a Jolly Roger(and a big nice white plume), he let his true identity out...

El Rosalero... Battle Parrot of the Sea...