Hinckley

TUTORIAL: Remove print from decorated elements

Another good alternative to brasso that will leave the product shiny and clear (if translucent) is Mothers mag and aluminum polish. I just found out last night that it works like a miracle on translucent parts.

The only method I've tried so far is essential oil (it was eucalyptus or tea tree, can't remember), and I wouldn't advise it as it got rid of the print but also burnt the plastic (totally lost its shine). Besides, the print wasn't there anymore but a "relief" of it was still visible.

I have a magic eraser, never thought of using it for that. Will have to give it a try.

I'd also advise against that "restore clear parts using Future floor polish", as I've ruined half of the parts I tried it on (& it worked "ok" on the others, but nothing magic). But perhaps that's because that product exists under several forms & rebrands, and maybe I got the wrong one.
Mine wasn't clear at all, and the stuff that wouldn't drop off the ruined parts was the same beige as the liquid. So if it's not the clear version, don't use it.

Edited by anothergol

Hey, guys. I have this minifigure head of Shaggy Rogers from Scooby-Doo.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb1375&idColor=90#T=C&C=90

I wanted to get rid of his mouth and eyes, but wanted to keep the whiskers on his chin. I wanted to use this tutorial for Stop Motion film making because it's advised to use blank LEGO minifigure heads. Is there any way to do this?

1 hour ago, MatthewRC said:

Hey, guys. I have this minifigure head of Shaggy Rogers from Scooby-Doo.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3626cpb1375&idColor=90#T=C&C=90

I wanted to get rid of his mouth and eyes, but wanted to keep the whiskers on his chin. I wanted to use this tutorial for Stop Motion film making because it's advised to use blank LEGO minifigure heads. Is there any way to do this?

You just use a rubber (eraser) like you find on the end of a pencil and rub it over only the top part of the head, or tape over the chin so that you can use another method.

39 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

You just use a rubber (eraser) like you find on the end of a pencil and rub it over only the top part of the head, or tape over the chin so that you can use another method.

Cool, but what kind of tape is advised to cover Shaggy's chin?

Shot in the dark, but has anyone removed print from the "Nexo shield" pieces?

I don't play the game, so it's frustrating to have all these cool trans-color pieces and I want them plain for MOC purposes.

Living proof that the toothpaste works (Colgate) However, I dunno if I'm just to dumb to use a toothbrush for toothpaste-ing the part I want to erase the printing, there's some minor discoloration, I dunno if the toothpaste works even if it's just a cloth piece I've used. 

Question: is it safe to use brasso on the softer-material pieces, like The Flash's mask? I have a spare Black Vulcan and intend to remove the yellow for a custom Zoom, but don't want to risk damaging the part until I know otherwise.