isaacbrockthebuilder

2009 Sets Speculation

Its going to be made. :pir-classic:

Those who have the 2009 pirates sets are exited for wave two, and if they make a wave two there will be a Shiny new boat for the imperials. And you can post what you think its going to be like. I think its going to be double the size of brick beards bounty with 5 canons :cannon::cannon::cannon::cannon::cannon: and will include a red-coated Grand admiral :pir-vader: and a Scottish looking cook :thumbup: .

I am afraid TLC will go with the tradition: pirates always have the bigger ship. So it will be a small one we get... :cry_sad:

Well it would probably have 4 in the deck and one on top of the cabin

If TLC made that it will be worth 500$ thats to much to ask for I think its like the Carribean Clipper :pir-classic:

If this is just wishful thinking and speculation... it's nice to dream...

But I also think that we all can dream about some nice Pirate-stuff... :pir-wink:

I dream about a ship with 110 canons for 50 euro... :pir-laugh:

Edited by Capt. Kirk

It is going to be smaller than the pirate ship. They always are. I also am seeing navy blue hulls and a grand general.

If an Imperial ship comes out, it more than likely will be a single masted vessel with two guns amidships, and possibly if we are luck, a third in the stern. This would follow in the tradition of the scaled down Imperial vessel, and allow it to be built with a minimum of new parts.

2009? 99% change of nada, nothing, rien and nikske!

2010? Perhaps, and hopefully!

I would like the ship to be bigger then the Imperial Flagship! As large as the BB would satisfy me, knowing that dreaming of anything larger in the normal Pirates line will always remain dreaming and nothing more :pir-cry_sad: ...(unless its released as a Special or something).

I think its going to be double the size of brick beards bounty

Umm.....yeah.

I imagine it'd be a mid-sized ship, not near Brickbeard's Bounty but more around the piece count of Shipwreck Hideout.

anything that is on-par with brickbeards bounty in terms of size and firepower should be fine with me. How can pirates have a bigger and more powerful ship than the imperials? it doesn't make any sense. the imperials are a army, can't they afford some decent ships?

IF TLC releases bigger ships then the SES or BSB I think it would be an exclusive set.

The nice thing on exclusive sets is they are always amazingly detailed and contain a lot of useful bricks.

Big ships are difficult to build so the recommended age will be 16+ if it is a really large ship.

I'm still waiting till TLC will do something like this. :pir-cry_happy:

Ya'no...a big ship is nice and all and I want one but if the truth were to be known I would like a ship about the size of Caribbean Clipper. I'm not sure why but that's what I want.

You do confuse me though. At first, you state that you want a big ship, but later on, you mention that you want a ship about the size of the CC. That's an .. interesting point of view.

I meant that as I like big ships and I would love to own one BUT I would preferably have a small ship released like CC first.

Unfortunately, here we see where the myth of pirates and the reality diverge. Almost all real pirate ships were small sloops or not much bigger--their primary weapons were surprise and raw audacity rather than real firepower. Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge, the closest thing to a pirate ship-of-the-line even though still much smaller, was probably the largest, most powerful ship ever under pirate command, and even then it was so huge and unsuitable for hit-and-run work that he abandoned it and most of its crew. And even the BIG ships of the Golden Age, the Spanish treasure galleons, were smaller than a WWII PT-boat. (Seriously, I have models of a galleon and JFK's PT109 in the same scale on a shelf in my bookcase, and the PT's almost as tall as the older ship's hull but much beamier and longer.

I'd say SES and BB are probably about LEGO's version of QAR, and the old Renegade Runner more like a typical pirate vessel--and would like to see more serious "militarily useful" naval forces and genuine, worthwhile-target-sized merchies for the pirates to employ "pirate-ly" tricks against.

We all know that (if they're gonna make one at all), it won't be bigger than the pirate ship. I'd really like it to be the same size as the Brickbeard's Bounty but I know how highly unlikely that is.

So I think I would be perfectly happy if they made it with the same hull as the Brickbeard's Bounty, but just one middle section instead of two. And the dark blue colour is a nice idea - I wonder how it would look like.