Sign in to follow this  
metallifreak44

Ideas for future Pirate LEGO Sets

I am very interested to know what kind of Pirate sets the fans of Lego want to see. For example, harbours, blacksmith shops, fishermen, new ships, galleons, anything! I want some more ideas from people who really appreciate the Pirate lines so that I can include them in my sporadic e-mails suggesting new Pirate sets to Lego. Now be as descriptive as you want. I want to see your idea of a good Pirate set in my head!

I'll come back to this after some thought...

God Bless,

Nathan

Fishing boats would be great, we haven't generally seen many civilians to be attacked by the pirates and protected by the soldiers, except for those from the Imperial Trading Post perhaps. Also a huge whale hunters' ship and a whale (a homage to Moby Dick maybe?).

Great Topic Metallifreak

Merchant Ship

Size: Same size as the Crossbone Clipper/Renegade Runner

Minifigs: Three (The captain/merchant, and 2 swabbies)

Details: It would have a neutral looking sail, like the one from the little trading boat in the Imperail Trading Post. It would have a bunch of barrels and crates, and under the bridge in that little area there would be an area for alot of the barrels and other cargo. It wouldn't have any weapons except maybe a musket, sabre, or pistole lying around.

Here's an idea I haven't posted anywhere first. Yes its a Mister Phes exclusive!

I call it....

Forbidden Bridge

Using the base plate found in 5986 Amazon Ancient Ruins but instead of water the river would be lava instead. Either side of the river would be built up with BURPs and other pieces to make create a steep chasm. Across it would be a bridge like in 8778 Border Ambush only I think the design of it could be improved significantly.

On one side of the chasm would be a huge cave in the shape of a frightening head, similiar to the ones seen in other Islander sets but much bigger. When someone attempts to cross the bridge it would cause the head to spew lava and boulders. Inside the cave there are treasures of unspeakable wealth. There would be 2 Imperial Guard mini-figures accompanying the adventuring Fernado Plume mini-figure, two pirates mini-figures who are racing against them, and two islanders who have swore to protect the sacred site to prevent the treasure of their ancestors from being stolen.

Howz that sound? If only I had that base plate I could attempt building it...

Here's an idea I haven't posted anywhere first. Yes its a Mister Phes exclusive!

I call it....

Forbidden Bridge

Using the base plate found in 5986 Amazon Ancient Ruins but instead of water the river would be lava instead. Either side of the river would be built up with BURPs and other pieces to make create a steep chasm. Across it would be a bridge like in 8778 Border Ambush only I think the design of it could be improved significantly.

On one side of the chasm would be a huge cave in the shape of a frightening head, similiar to the ones seen in other Islander sets but much bigger. When someone attempts to cross the bridge it would cause the head to spew lava and boulders. Inside the cave there are treasures of unspeakable wealth. There would be 2 Imperial Guard mini-figures accompanying the adventuring Fernado Plume mini-figure, two pirates mini-figures who are racing against them, and two islanders who have swore to protect the sacred site to prevent the treasure of their ancestors from being stolen.

Howz that sound? If only I had that base plate I could attempt building it...

I like the way you work in one of the key concepts of Lego at its height: Three Teams!

God Bless,

Nathan (who is still thinking in regards to his own suggestion)

Apart from the mini-figure packs, have any of the sets included more than two factions?

Not to my knowledge but the concept always existed:

In pirates you had the soldiers (Blue or red), Red Beard, and Foul/Ironhook. Later it was pirates, red soldiers, islanders.

In castle there were almost always 3 themes interacting, the rouge elemant normally being the foresmen/dk forest or the wolf packs...

God Bless,

Nathan

I know exactly what's happening in pirates. It was the other themes I was wondering about. So you're saying some castle sets have 3 different mini-figure factions in them?

1)I know exactly what's happening in pirates. It was the other themes I was wondering about.

2)So you're saying some castle sets have 3 different mini-figure factions in them?

1) I know YOU do! I'm just recaping for any random viewer...

2) Again never in one set, but the lines were staggard like pirates so that a year and a halfs products interacted giving 3 effective combatants... in a way it was more blatant than pirate as some mags show 3+ factions and describe them as all fighting for dominance of the Lego Castle Realm...

God Bless,

Nathan

Well I'm a gonna be the first to have 3 factions in the one set! Actually there was a greater story line behind my idea which I failed to mention.

Well I'm a gonna be the first to have 3 factions in the one set! Actually there was a greater story line behind my idea which I failed to mention.

proceed to rectify that error...

God Bless,

Nathan

two islanders who have swore to protect the sacred site to prevent the treasure of their ancestors from being stolen.

Perhaps some Islanders' deity will appear in this set to scary the intruders away?

Perhaps a ghost with the face we've seen in Islanders sets in different variants as a stone sculpture.

pic11118.jpg

I remember seeing an advertisement for this many years ago. I think its a major inspiration behind the idea. With the big stone head a deity would be just too much.

I completely forgot Wester as an example of three teams...

Nathan

Apart from the having 3 different factions Mr Norro, what do you think about the concept of the set?

An improved 5986 can only be a good thing... The islanders were never my fav part of pirates, I saw them more as an unnecessary inclusion, so I'm not the best judge of this particular set design...

On another note I would love to see the return of the comic to a yearly Lego pirate line.

God Bless,

Nathan

Forget the islanders for a moment... In fact forget all mini-figures and just focus on the design of the set...

A rope bridge over a chasm with a fire breathing monster-head-cave on one side... I probably need to actually make the set to show everyone how it would work. But I can't! How frustrating is this? It'll be sooooo awesome too.

Appart from some galleons and some frigates I don't have any specific ideas for ships. Except for this MOC I'll make one day. But they might be a long time away yet.

1)Forget the islanders for a moment... In fact forget all mini-figures and just focus on the design of the set...

2) I probably need to actually make the set to show everyone how it would work. But I can't! How frustrating is this? It'll be sooooo awesome too.

1) Figs are a big part of a set, they can make or break a design...

2) Why don't you show us?

God Bless,

Nathan

How about this one:

The Final Duel

Two mortal enemies meet in a fight to death. The set includes two figs - a pirate captain (probably Red Beard once again, considering the character of this set) and Governor Broadside (well, Woodhouse would fit too but I just don't like him as much). They meet on the ruins of some fort the pirates have just destroyed in which Broadside was staying, they are fighting on the top of the fort's wall. Their armies are busy fighting each other, or maybe most of them have already died/escaped. They are both wounded (I'd like to see some new torsos and faces - Broadside's uniform torn, bruises and wounds on his face, the same for Red Beard) and have just one sabre each, and the duel begins. The loser will fall off the wall into the water (the fort is on the shore) where a shark is already waiting.