Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Baritones 2-Day 6

I find Willie's proposition a decent one. We vote for Pavarti, and then if she's innocent have a night killer (or both, in case one gets blocked) kill Willie. Does this sound like a good idea to everyone else?

Well, if we want both dead, we just use the night killers, assuming they'll agree.

Well what I suggest, if you really think both of us are rats and want to be safe, that you make Trexx and Quarry kill us at night and vote off someone else now. That way you know that they won't kill anyone without you knowing and you can get something done today that would otherwise be done tomorrow.

It's pretty much what I was thinking as well.

So, for example, Quarrioni kills Willie and Trexxasani kills Pavarti. Then who do we vote for? I have an idea, but I'd like to hear suggestions...

Well, if we want both dead, we just use the night killers, assuming they'll agree.

Well, we could, but if we vote for one of them, we can find out that person's loyalties before condemning the other one.

Well, we could, but if we vote for one of them, we can find out that person's loyalties before condemning the other one.

Ian, are you that anxious to see both of us to disappear from the face of this earth... Sometimes, being too rash is not a very good thing... It clouds our judgement..

As someone noted earlier, the operation that went bad previously had two rats. In this case, if we pick the wrong one, we're still down a loyalist and we've given the rats more time. If both are bad, we kill one and then think the other one is good and are deceived. If both are good, we end up killing both. In every instance, the only way to be sure is to kill both.

That's the problem here.

Confusion has happened today and I am not sure what to make of it.

It seems we have 2 suspects that we are considering voting off. Let's just do that to cut down on confusion. Pavarti, you know that would cause more confusion to have to pick someone else that we want to vote off. I'm not sure what your strategy is there sweetheart. So I don't really care which one we vote for because I think both of them are rats. Let's just vote for one. The night killers can go after each other or the other person. If anyone else suspects a rat, throw their name in the mix and maybe our investigator can find out more. We can dictate everyone's night roles now, since we have done so well with the voting thus far. :hmpf:

My conclusion is.. We should vote for Pavarti or Willie. I'll happily be on board with either. The other one will be dead by morning if the night killers do their job and we all know who you are and how you kill so we will know who gets the job done and who doesn't.

Ian, are you that anxious to see both of us to disappear from the face of this earth... Sometimes, being too rash is not a very good thing... It clouds our judgement..

One or both of you screwed up the operation. For the reasons I have stated above, we can't be sure if it was one or both, so both must die. It's how it works. I'm sorry for that, but there is no other way without an investigator.

Half of me wants to agree with the notion that we both take one of them out - for one thing, it gives us both a target, as I'm now more than a little paranoid about tonight - I'm on what would appear to be the bad list of a night killer, and that's no good for me...Besides, that way, let's take this hypothetical situation:

-We kill Willie today. He turns up a rat. Everyone rejoices, and Pavarti is cleared of all charges.

-Fast forward three days. No more progress has been made, and everyone's depressed. Night falls, one more mafian dies, and Pavarti emerges victorious - as the other rat...

Then again, that's rather unlikely - but two rats have been in one job before...

But on the same token, what if we kill Willie and he's innocent? Or same with Pavarti? Who does the other person kill, then? And if one's a rat and we vote them, yay - who do myself and Quarrioni kill then? (I'm REALLY not liking the wild west shootout thing, because Quarrioni doesn't kill, his hitman does...*shudders at the thought of us losing both night killers at once, leaving our family useless against threats*

I can't decide if I want to vote, or if I want to kill both tonight and vote someone else now...

~Trexxisanti

-We kill Willie today. He turns up a rat. Everyone rejoices, and Pavarti is cleared of all charges.

-Fast forward three days. No more progress has been made, and everyone's depressed. Night falls, one more mafian dies, and Pavarti emerges victorious - as the other rat...

I can't decide if I want to vote, or if I want to kill both tonight and vote someone else now...

Pavarti and Willie could both be rats and are high on my radar. The question here is, do you have any suggestions of who to vote for? If we vote one of the night killers off then we won't get them both killed so that isn't an option in this theory that breeds complete chaos.

We seem to like lists in this family, so here we go.

We vote either Pavarti or Willie off:

- The first one we kill is a rat. It took two rats to ruin the operation before, so we should kill the other one just in case

- The first one we kill is loyal. Since someone in that group had to have alerted the police, the other must be a rat.

Now here's the good part. After both are dead, we either...

- End up killing two rats. Hoorah. That's two more dead.

- End up killing one rat and one loyal player... of the game... of life. This would mean that it only takes one rat to ruin an operation. Thus, this would mean that those involved in our successful operation, Ian, Dragonatieri, Quarrioni, Johnny Blue, (and little old me :blush:) are all loyal. This means that the only ones left who aren't confirmed to be loyal are Alicia, Dickie and Trexxisanti.

Sounds like a win-win situation to me. :classic:

- End up killing one rat and one loyal player... of the game... of life. This would mean that it only takes one rat to ruin an operation. Thus, this would mean that those involved in our successful operation, Ian, Dragonatieri, Quarrioni, Johnny Blue, (and little old me :blush:) are all loyal. This means that the only ones left who aren't confirmed to be loyal are Alicia, Dickie and Trexxisanti.

Don't be that quick to count yourself and the others in your operation out. Even if it only takes one rat, who says that yours didn't go wrong solely because there wasn't a rat? I know it makes sense, and it's more in defense but anything, but I'm almost certain there could be a rat in that group. Besides, it would make for a nice defense, wouldn't it?

~Trexxisanti

I was suggesting that you take us both out now so you don't have to be paranoid about who the night killers target. So you could focus on who else, other than Willie and I, you think is guilty today, instead of tomorrow. You're already bent on killing me whatever I do.. so here's how the plan would go:

-Trexx kills me or Willie

-Quarry does the same

-Keeps the killers in control

-You all decide who to vote off

-You know that it was all of you who decided instead of a killer making their own judgment

-Continue investigations next day...

However, I'll say again, I don't really have any suggestions for you guys. Iris has already made it so that no more operations are made, so you can't rely on that. The investigator was killed off as well...

I actually rather like Pavarti's idea. That way, it won't be on my conscience when I kill the wrong person, as everyone gets to decide all three kills. Plus, it keeps Quarrioni busy so that his hitman doesn't bust a cap in my megabloks...

But then we have to ask, who do we vote for? Not that we wouldn't have to decide on that eventually anyways...We'd have one killer doing nothing at night, so we'd have to decide there too.

~Trexxisanti

I wouldn't count out everyone from that first group either. True, I say that out of defense for myself, but I think the rats are smart enough to mix it up a bit.

What if we vote for either Willie or Pavarti, then have both our night killers take out the other one, so they won't attack each other? It's kind of a waste of a night killer, but I don't know who else I would vote for, and don't want someone to get killed off because we didn't vote. Plus, like I said before, if both killers target the same person, there's less chance of a blocker messing things up.

We seem to like lists in this family, so here we go.

We vote either Pavarti or Willie off:

- The first one we kill is a rat. It took two rats to ruin the operation before, so we should kill the other one just in case

- The first one we kill is loyal. Since someone in that group had to have alerted the police, the other must be a rat.

Now here's the good part. After both are dead, we either...

- End up killing two rats. Hoorah. That's two more dead.

Perhaps, the rats were just still hiding out because of their own fear of being identified at that point. Your theory doesn't hold water except to say kudos on a job well done on that first job. Good job not being caught.

Nice job building your little defense. You are officially on my list of suspects. Perhaps we should kill you to test that theory? :tongue:

Where is my husband? Has anyone noticed that he isn't very present?

I wouldn't count out everyone from that first group either. True, I say that out of defense for myself, but I think the rats are smart enough to mix it up a bit.

What if we vote for either Willie or Pavarti, then have both our night killers take out the other one, so they won't attack each other? It's kind of a waste of a night killer, but I don't know who else I would vote for, and don't want someone to get killed off because we didn't vote. Plus, like I said before, if both killers target the same person, there's less chance of a blocker messing things up.

Except our role blocker was killed, Inertia. However I suppose there could be a rat blocker. Anyone want to reveal being blocked that's already revealed their role? Then we could see if two people were blocked on the same day. Anyways..

I'm quite sure I heard at our little meeting that rats could convert loyalists. So no, no one is in the clear.

I'm quite sure I heard at our little meeting that rats could convert loyalists. So no, no one is in the clear.

I have heard of it somewhere before... but I think we should give them anymore confusion right now, as the rest are arguing that we are an all rounded suspects...

By the way, anyone seen that charming Dragon?

I have heard of it somewhere before... but I think we should give them anymore confusion right now, as the rest are arguing that we are an all rounded suspects...

You meant we shouldn't? But I'm just saying.. after we're dead, they shouldn't limit themselves to the people who weren't in the successful operation.

That man is gone as much as my husband is.. pretty disappointing if you ask me.

but I think we should give them anymore confusion right now, as the rest are arguing that we are an all rounded suspects...

I meant, we "shouldn't". It was a mistake. :classic:

Dragonateri and Adalaide have both been conspicuously absent.

Not my fault you're all chatting, leaving me to snooze in the corner. :hmpf: (Please remember I'm in a different time-zone to all you Americans. :blush: ) I did speak up only a few hours ago, but everyone ignored what I had to say... :look:

Now, I have, in my dozing, been following the conversation, and I must agree with the verdict that both Pavarti and Willie must be killed. It is the only way to be certain. I would suggest that we vote off Pavarti now, and let one of the night killers take care of Willie.

In terms off the night killers, I must admit I find it hard to believe that they are both loyal. I have full confidence that Inertiatieri is loyal (up to this moment of course, we must not forget that the rats can convert to some unknown extent), however I am not as sure of Trexxisanti. However, I could be wrong, but I just have a feeling.

Anyway, I would be happy to vouch for Inertiatieri's loyalty up to this point in time, he is a good chap from what I can see. Now, I suggest we do some voting before the day is up. All in favour of Pavarti please raise your glass bottle. :sweet:

Anyway, I would be happy to vouch for Inertiatieri's loyalty up to this point in time, he is a good chap from what I can see. Now, I suggest we do some voting before the day is up.

You're going to vouch for Inertiatieri. That's an amazingly useful bit of information, we'll add it to his tombstone.

Gah. Useless. :hmpf:

Opps, I'm talking in circles. :blush: All these long names, I keep getting them confused, sorry. I guess since Iertiatieri is dead I kind of sound a bit stupid now. :look: Perhaps I should shut up before I embarrass myself any further. :blush:

Going back to our two night killers then, now that I can get their identities right (guess I wasn't paying as much attention as I thought :blush: ), I must say that I am not sure either way about either of them. So yes, I guess that wasn't really very helpful...

All in all though, the main focus right now should be on Pavarti and Willie. I think we should vote for Pavarti. What say the rest of you? My lovely wife sounds happy to vote for her, what about the rest of you?

I think we should vote for Pavarti. She's far more suspicious than Willie in my book, but if you plan to kill him too, I guess there's nothing I can do about it. :sceptic: I'm on board for Pavarti.

We do need to vote for someone or do the two killer plan. Of course, you're only delaying the inevitable this way since we'll still have 2 night killers to contend with after we kill Pavarti and Willie. Then the inactive ones. Then the ones who we don't know anything about.

So, here's the plan. We kill one, then we kill the other by vote.

Why by vote? Because I don't think we can rely on 2 night killers to kill one person and I doubt you all want to pick a 3rd for today. If we don't, however, how can we really test this? Even if both put in their hit, obviously only one could do it, then we would assume they were the loyal one. What if the one they're killing is loyal and they were more than happy to do it because they're a rat? Suddenly, we're trusting the wrong person and kill the other killer. Then we're screwed.

That means we need to kill one, then kill the other ourselves, then figure out the killers. How anyone proposes to do that, I can't even imagine, but for this stage, we vote for one today, they die, we vote for the other one first thing tomorrow, they die, then we figure out what we're doing beyond that. Hopefully there are still some helpful loyal night actions left to help us decipher this mess.

Oh, and I would have gone for Willie first: I tend to punish misleading spouses of rats before stupid spouses of loyal family, but it's your call.

Whoever you all decide on, I'll vote for, as long as it's agreed that the other one goes tomorrow, otherwise we might as well just shoot ourselves in the head.

*kisses Willie and then Pavarti on the lips* One or both of you are rats. You're both as good as dead now. :skull:

Wait - then what do the killers idle their hands with tonight? I'm guessing you're saying that neither of us kill...I'm fine with that if Quarrioni is, even if it's a bit worrying for me. So, which one are we voting for?

~Trexxisanti