Sign in to follow this  
SlyOwl

Bears' Lodge

builders_guild.gif

This has been brewing for nearly 6 months now, but I've been overly-busy with contests...

winterlodge1.jpg

winterlodge2.jpg

:classic:

I love the lodge! Especially the deer/Moose head! :wub: Very good details. The scenery is spectacular. You never fail to impress us SlyOwl. :wink:

I really like this. :thumbup: It captures the lodge feel perfectly with the deer head and the lovely shingles and siding. How was the siding built?

Excellent trees and landscaping also add a lot to the MOC. Great work as usual Sly! :classic:

A simply wonderful and very charming MOC with an almost unbelievable lovely atmosphere. :thumbup:

The lodge, the landscaping and the neat setting of the sweet Fabuland figures... marvelous!

Is there a squirrel in the tree, and is this a dog on that cliff..? And the little goat and that sweet bunny... astounding.

Edited by Asuka

Cliff is incredible. Love the moose head over the door, and the shuttered house. Rest is good, but not overly exciting.

Edited by Zepher

I absolutely love the mini-goat and mini-bunny, even if they're not to scale with the fabuland figures. :thumbup:

What I love about this is that I can't figure out how you achieved most of these cool techniques. The "logs" are amazing and I really love the cliff. The way the grass is hanging over the edge is amazing. The roof is super smart! I'm not a huge fan of the little accessory-animals, but they're very clever. The only other complaint I have is that I wish there was an interior... :cry_sad: I appreciate the "edge" in this one. Nice to know that they are hunters. :laugh: Now, it looks more like a scene from Deliverance. :look:

Thanks for the feedback :sweet:

I really like this. :thumbup: It captures the lodge feel perfectly with the deer head and the lovely shingles and siding. How was the siding built?

1x4 tiles on a backing of stepped plates. A combination of hinges and jumper plates hold it up. It works quite well, but it prevents an interior (I would like to experiment further here, though). There's also a slight gap at the bottom, but that could be remedied with some SNOT work, or minifig neck brackets (although I'm not a SirNadroj with them - I only have 1 and have never used it :grin: ).

Is there a squirrel in the tree, and is this a dog on that cliff..? And the little goat and that sweet bunny... astounding.

S'meant to be a wolf, but I didn't have the right parts in dark grey.

I'm not a huge fan of the little accessory-animals, but they're very clever.

Mmm, they are minifig scale. I can't be bothered to make myself animals to 2 different scales.

The only other complaint I have is that I wish there was an interior... :cry_sad:

I would've if I could've. It's probably possible to make one with some development of the split log technique, but I was out of time (photographing during daytime, contests). The cabin only has 2 walls, as I ran out of tiles, so it would look mega-walrus-dumb.

I appreciate the "edge" in this one. Nice to know that they are hunters. :laugh: Now, it looks more like a scene from Deliverance. :look:

Oh, right... that... The deer head wasn't my original Fabuland Edge, but it seems to be the obvious one. I had the concept from the very beginning, but I couldn't find anywhere good to put it. It ended up in the tree. A blonde wig. Think Goldilocks :wink:

Oh, right... that... The deer head wasn't my original Fabuland Edge, but it seems to be the obvious one. I had the concept from the very beginning, but I couldn't find anywhere good to put it. It ended up in the tree. A blonde wig. Think Goldilocks :wink:

:wub: :wub: :wub::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Best edge ever ... in my opinion.

I appreciate the accesory-animals more now that I see they are mini-fig scale. I still don't want them in this creation for some reason. That doesn't mean they're not super clever, because they are! :sweet:

Goldilocks was there? That just made this MOC 10x awesomer, even though it was already super awesome. Where is the porridge and the baby bear though?