Sign in to follow this  
Lego12

SES Restoration Project

If ANYBODY has any SES sails I'll pay a lot of money for the sails or trade a lot for the sails! :pir-sweet:

Lego12, did you consider creating some custom sails? Or possible printing some sails from our extensive Sail Library? (A much cheaper option)

And I thought my SES was dusty when I got it :pir-oh3:. But despite the dustyness, it was in mostly "like new" conditions, except for some yellowish white parts, a small stain on the biggest sail and some marks on the hull.

Good luck with yours. Maybe you could sell the current sails you have and use the money to help pay for a full set of new used ones, that way you'll most likely not have 1 or 2 sails that are more fade than the rest.

Dude, looking at that dusty ship made me almost go insane :pir_wacko:*oh2*:sick::pir-sick: My Dad thinks I'm nuts running dusting the T.V's and computers and such.

Wow! That SES is dustier than my knights castle from 1996.

Good luck cleaning that baby. You are going to need it. :pir-wink:

LegoKing

:pir_laugh2: Yeah its horrible. I cried when I saw it like that...... :pir-cry_sad:

wow that is one dusty and yellowed ship! Even my dustiest lego can't beat that! But that aside, I really look forward to seeing your ship restored to its former days of glory! Keep us updated!

Hey, thats my dusty yellowed ship! :pir-tongue: Yeah, I'll keep all of you updated. I'm really suprised to see many people inerested.

Shame on your cousin for letting such a beautiful set get in that condition. :pir_bawling:

I think it's call the "Poop deck"

I know! He said keep it in mint condition....... :pir_wacko: I thought it was called the poop deck, but I don't think so.....

I would cry if i see my SES like that full of dust :pir_bawling: lol, good luck clean it well ... :pir_laugh2:

Yeah thanks for all the support everyone, its really helping me out! :pir-classic:

Lego12, did you consider creating some custom sails? Or possible printing some sails from our extensive Sail Library? (A much cheaper option)

I saw that, but what material would I print it on? Paper? That would rip too easily. :pir-sceptic:

And I thought my SES was dusty when I got it :pir-oh3:. But despite the dustyness, it was in mostly "like new" conditions, except for some yellowish white parts, a small stain on the biggest sail and some marks on the hull.

Good luck with yours. Maybe you could sell the current sails you have and use the money to help pay for a full set of new used ones, that way you'll most likely not have 1 or 2 sails that are more fade than the rest.

Thanks! I guess, but the current sails suck. :pir-grin:

Dude, looking at that dusty ship made me almost go insane :pir_wacko:*oh2*:sick::pir-sick: My Dad thinks I'm nuts running dusting the T.V's and computers and such.

I know! Thanks for all the replies everyone! I enjoyed reading them! :pir-sweet:

You could make the sails out of waxed paper, or from fabric. :)

I want the sails to have the actual design from the actual set. How could I put the design on fabric?

You probably want the official sails but if you are cheap like me I would make them myself.

I guess.....but I would need an explanation on how to do so. :pir-wink:

I wish you the best... but cleaning can go fast if you put the bricks in a bag and then in a washing machine... done several times and no problem.

You can try to clean your sails by putting them in a bowl of water, with a little bit of soap, and have them there for a few minutes - then pull them up from the water and place them (still wet) on a flat surface, and let them dry - that will remove many of the creases.

If it's not enough, then do it a couple more times - that's what I did with my SES and CC sails (you can se how beautiful they look in my SES pictorial review)

Good luck - it looks like a fun project

edit: oh yeah, I even ironed mine, and nothing bad happened, just make sure the iron board is real thick and soft, so the iron won't burn in "marks" from the iron board)

Edited by Lorentzen

I wish you the best... but cleaning can go fast if you put the bricks in a bag and then in a washing machine... done several times and no problem.

Thanks PTV winner! :pir-classic: Thanks again for the tips, they help out a lot.

You can try to clean your sails by putting them in a bowl of water, with a little bit of soap, and have them there for a few minutes - then pull them up from the water and place them (still wet) on a flat surface, and let them dry - that will remove many of the creases.

If it's not enough, then do it a couple more times - that's what I did with my SES and CC sails (you can se how beautiful they look in my SES pictorial review)

Good luck - it looks like a fun project

edit: oh yeah, I even ironed mine, and nothing bad happened, just make sure the iron board is real thick and soft, so the iron won't burn in "marks" from the iron board)

Thanks Lorentzen! I'll have to try that, but I just got a PM about buying SES sails, so there could be hope! :pir-sweet:

oh yeah, I even ironed mine, and nothing bad happened, just make sure the iron board is real thick and soft, so the iron won't burn in "marks" from the iron board)

Or just put a blanket between the sail and the Iron.

One thing that I notice besides the dust are the yellow doors for the entrance to the captain's quarters. They are suppose to be white. There's my two cents. Good luck with this project.

Or just put a blanket between the sail and the Iron.

That sounds like a good idea! Thanks Capt. Kirk! :pir-sweet:

One thing that I notice besides the dust are the yellow doors for the entrance to the captain's quarters. They are supposed to be white. There's my two cents. Good luck with this project.

Oh, yeah I noticed that earlier, but I don't know why they would yellow. :pir-sceptic: Thanks! :pir-classic:

Egad! the door to the captains cabin got so dusty it turned yellow! :pir-tongue:

That is horribly dirty :pir_wacko:

Yup, thats my ship! :pir_laugh2: It is really, really dirty! Three more days till cleaning! :pir-cry_happy:

Do you plan on buying new white doors to replace the yellow ones?

Do you plan on buying new white doors to replace the yellow ones?

Yes. Do you happen to have any? :pir-cry_happy:

If I see any sails online that are for sale I will tell you, that is if you still want to buy some.

If I see any sails online that are for sale I will tell you, that is if you still want to buy some.

Yeah, I still want some, thanks! :pir-sweet: Two more days till the "big" wash. :pir-cry_happy: Then I'll post pictures. After an hour or so I'll take out the pieces and rebuild it using Peeron instructions. I'll post pictures, don't worry! :pir_laugh2:

are you going to keep those wrinkled sails? I could really use some. All I have is the BrickBeard's bounty sails, And they are still on the ship! lol. Let me know if you want ANY sails off your hands. :)

That sounds like a good idea! Thanks Capt. Kirk! :pir-sweet:

NP,... the best thing you also could do is to moisten the blanket with a '?' filled with water.

Sorry I don't know the English word for it, but I will give you a picture.

Staande_sproeier.jpg

Sorry for my stupid joke... :pir-wink:

You have to do it with this -> see picture (please fill it with water and not some cleaning liquid).

You don't have to do this but I takes a lot of the heat away... with other words it is a extra safety.

9700340.jpg

Edited by Capt. Kirk

NP,... the best thing you also could do is to moisten the blanket with a '?' filled with water.

Sorry I don't know the English word for it, but I will give you a picture.

<pic>

Sorry for my stupid joke... :pir-wink:

You have to do it with this -> see picture (please fill it with water and not some cleaning liquid).

You don't have to do this but I takes a lot of the heat away... with other words it is a extra safety.

<pic>

I don't quite understand what your trying to say, sorry. :pir-sceptic: Could you explain it more thouroghly?

Yes. Do you happen to have any? :pir-cry_happy:

Yeah. How many would you need?

I don't quite understand what your trying to say, sorry. :pir-sceptic: Could you explain it more thouroghly?

If you gone use a blanket between the iron and the sail - I advises you that to do... you first could spray a little bit of water on the blanket. The water helps to take away some of the heat of the iron... it's a extra safety for not damaging the sail. You understand what I wanna say ?

If you gone use a blanket between the iron and the sail - I advises you that to do... you first could spray a little bit of water on the blanket. The water helps to take away some of the heat of the iron... it's a extra safety for not damaging the sail. You understand what I wanna say ?

Ohhhhhhh, ok I got it. Thanks for the advice. :pir-classic: