Sign in to follow this  
DJ Force

MOC: ´66 Mustang Convertible

indexed.gif

When building my new Mustang GT I thought about its original, the ´66 Mustang, and how I could build that. Without hesitating I set down on LDD again and designed this car. I had to supercharge it, because the hoodpiece wasn´t long enough and there´s no Lego-piece that continues the shape of that piece.

Front:

66mustangconv02.jpg

Side:

66mustangconv01.jpg

Rear:

66mustangconv03.jpg

Please let me know what you think!

Yay for old style cars! I love it! :wub: Man...You're on a roll! eep it up! :thumbup:

because the hoodpiece wasn´t long enough and there´s no Lego-piece that continues the shape of that piece.

You can extend it with tiles and cheese slopes :wink:

Proper tail lights and a great front bumper. Well done indeed.

Exactly! :thumbup:

However, there´s some powerful kind of smoothness in the lines of the original that seems really very hard to render in that size... :look:

Thanks a lot!

I agree, the smooth and sexy body of the original is impossible to capture in that size. Then again, it´s Lego. You just have to live with certain things.

Anyway, my dad, my sisters hubby (any short term for that?) and I were just discussing how to improve the windscreen and we came up with the following solution.

66mustangconv04.jpg

What do you think?

@Wouwie: Nope, slopes and tiles won´t work, since that roof/hood-piece´s sloped edges are only half a stud wide. You will always see the difference and I wanted to find a way to hide that :classic: