Freddie

Lego launches new Games range

I bet the Creationary one is like pictionary, but you have to build the clue, rather than draw it...

Steve

Just a heads up, while these sets seem like such great parts packs I doubt they will be cheap. Probably better to buy the parts off bricklink. Also there was a game like creationary before, but it was really limited parts wise.

I actually have a Lego CREATOR boardgame. what was made by Jumbo games. the point of that game was that you have a card with instructions on it, and you had to colect those pieces during the game, the one who had build his model first, was the winner.

I have it too, it's so weird. I would really like those new board games to be made.

just wondering if any ones read this if not for the article then for the pic http://grcdemo.net.dynamicweb.dk/

it is page 80 and 81

Yipee, thanks for that! i can't get enough of seeing these great sets! :thumbup:

And thanks to CopMike for alerting us about the new miniminifig picture!

:skull:

Edited by Shoc

Could these be a pre-cursor to "baby" MF's?

I think so.

I hope so! They're pretty good as miniminifigures anyway, it gives me a new scale to build on!

:skull:

Those microfigs look very cool, although with that printing they're useless as babies.

That pirate one... interesting. I wonder what you have to do?

200px-Mastermind.jpg

On Lowlug somebody has seen these games and he claims the microfigs are in one piece. So there go our dreams to make baby/toddler minifigs... if you can't change the heads, they're pretty useless.

The microfigs were my trigger to try and get these games, if they're really in one piece I'll forget about the whole games, probably.

Prices:

Robo Champ (3835) / 2–3 players / 10–15 min. / €9.99

Magikus (3836) / 2–4 players / 10–15 min. / €9.99

Monsters 4 (3837) / 2–4 players / 10–20 min. €12.99

Lava Dragon (3838) / 2–4 players / 15–25 min. / €12.99

Race 3000 (3839) / 2–4 players / 20–30 min. / €19.99

Pirate Code (3840) / 2–4 players / 20–30 min. / €19.99

Minotaurus (3841) / 2–4 players / 20–30 min. / €24.99

Lunar Command (3842) / 2 players / 15–25 min. / €24.99

Ramses Pyramid (3843) / 2–4 players / 20–40 min. / €29.99

Creationary (3844) / 3+ players / 30–60 min. / €34.99

Info from: http://www.brettspiel.co.uk/2009/05/roundu...oard-games.html

There are photos, and more info about this games.

Edited by Lordofdragonss

I found new pictures of the upcoming games in the german "Lego Club Magazine":

lego_games_1.jpg

lego_games_2.jpg

lego_games_3.jpg

this was just a quick scan, but I think everything important is to be seen.

Promising! :cry_happy:

Thanks for that. Some of the pieces in these games look great and some will be great to collect multiple pieces of. I might have to buy one of these just for the pices and mini minifigures.

Brickset just got a whole bunch of the new game pictures!

New game pictures!

They have baseplates :cry_happy: ! And Monsters 4 has new monster heads! :cry_happy:

Thanks for finding that. :classic:

And you're right; the Monsters 4 game has so many cool minifig heads (I count 20)! :sweet:

That Pirate Code game also has so many jewels of different colors! :classic:

I just saw the pictures too! :sweet: And one thing is for sure: If anything, these games are great parts packs! I would love to have that Monsters 4 game! Therefore, I really, really hope that these will be released in the US despite the rumors that they wont!

I just saw the pictures too! :sweet: And one thing is for sure: If anything, these games are great parts packs! I would love to have that Monsters 4 game! Therefore, I really, really hope that these will be released in the US despite the rumors that they wont!

I think it's been confirmed that they won't be released in the U.S. initially. Yeah, it sucks ... but it's not uncommon in the boardgame industry. Many hobby boardgames are published in Europe, then eventually get picked up by an American publisher for U.S. distribution. It can sometimes take 6-12 months for that to happen though.

I'm guessing that these are going to be pretty popular, so I think somebody in the States, like Mayfair Games or Rio Grande Games, which pick these up. I hope so. They look really well-designed!!

Now that the games are out in the UK and at least a few other parts of Europe, has anyone actually played one yet? Any reports would be of interest.

Benn

I think it's been confirmed that they won't be released in the U.S. initially. Yeah, it sucks ... but it's not uncommon in the boardgame industry.

Well, looking through jmenomeno's SDCC coverage, I saw this picture. So, if the games were shown at Comic-Con (which is in the US), it must mean that they will be released in the US eventually as well. :sweet:

I got a copy of Lava Dragon the other day and it's surprisingly good!

The microfigures are very cute and SO small! I can see them popping up in MOCs as crowd figures or perhaps as children.

Another board game. This time it's a collection, and isn't made out of bricks (except for the figures):

852676-1.jpg

Not all that exciting, but maybe still a nice way of getting lots of minifig heads, headgear, and cones in various colors.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi