Freddie

Lego launches new Games range

It looks like the heads go in upside down to usual, the top stud fitting into the body instead of being plugged onto the peg on the torso.

Intresting.

They might be good sets (especially the tower) for the pieces and for the Legofans loving to play boardgames, but I think it won't be very promising for the average Legofan?

I don't think I'll buy one of these anyway. :grin: Let's start with all the piratesets first :devil:

I am wondering about different countries, and who actually plays board games. It seems that the countries chosen may be more likely to play board games. It seems that here in America, there is not as much desire to play board games, and thus is not going to available here. This is speculation however as I don't have any of that data.

This seems like it would be a fairly large amount of pieces, causing it to be expensive...not to mention the new pieces. It does not seem cost effective to make this. Only time will tell I guess. I certainly would give it a shot. Could be fun.

I wonder if the head or torso are the same size as regular minifigs.

Of course not! That's the whole point of them. Haven't you seen this pic? They are just as wide as a 1x1 brick so that they can fit next to each other. You would never be able to do that if they were as wide as normal minifig heads.

It looks like the heads go in upside down to usual, the top stud fitting into the body instead of being plugged onto the peg on the torso.

No. The ring on top of the heads is a normal stud.

Besides, I'm pretty sure these are one mold.

As for using these as babies: I, too, can imagine TLC releasing these as babies in, say, a new Suburbs subtheme to City. They are already moving toward more civilian oriented City sets with the RV and the Civilian "Battle" Pack. :grin:

And even if TLC doesn't release any microfig with a baby print, we can still use the mini-mummies as wrapped babies. :wink:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

And even if TLC doesn't release any microfig with a baby print, we can still use the mini-mummies as wrapped babies. :wink:

How many babies have you seen who have their whole faces wrapped in bandages? :tongue:

I see what you mean though, and a yellow Sharpie could give them normal heads anyway.

:skull:

Edited by Shoc

I am wondering about different countries, and who actually plays board games. It seems that the countries chosen may be more likely to play board games. It seems that here in America, there is not as much desire to play board games, and thus is not going to available here. This is speculation however as I don't have any of that data.

There is a market for boardgames in the U.S., but you're right in that it's probably nowhere near as large as other countries (notably Germany). Video games reign supreme here in the U.S. Boardgames are a niche hobby with a small, but devoted fanbase (check out www.boardgamegeek.com for some examples of just how devoted).

But, Lego HAS made boardgames in the past. I have their Lego Creator boardgame from a few years back. I hate it, and it's dreadfully boring, but even so ... I'm not sure if this is really all that new of an idea for TLC.

There is a market for boardgames in the U.S., but you're right in that it's probably nowhere near as large as other countries.

Despite that, I'm sure half of the people that buy these will be buying them for the pieces rather than the game. I know I will (though I might have a little gameplay first)! :thumbup:

Oh, UCS 10th anniversary lego star wars chess set.

It will be interesting to see what exactly the games are, i would imagine from the prices they wont be anything famous.

Here are some games...

One word: Wow!

I hope these games reflect any new ranges out in the near furture (I certainly want Greeks!)

The Minotaur one would have been pretty obvious as to what the board was like without the box art.

That pirate one... interesting. I wonder what you have to do?

legomilk posted some set information here, too. :thumbup:

newboardgameminifigs.jpg

Ten games will first be launched costing between €9.99-34.99. The dice has studs on all six sides and a rubber edge all around. There is 18 different microfigs.

CopMike

Love that blue ninja microfig! :wub:

It seems to a pretty big project by TLG, hopefully it will turn out well so other countries get the games to.

Thanks for the information CopMike!

Those micro-minifigures looks amazing.

I hope that the torso can be removed from the head and the other way round.

I prefer the blue Ninja, too. His torso is awesome :thumbup:

'Bricks'

Not too very impressed with the microfigs so far.

Wait, is that a little micro-Gladiator on the bottom of the picture? If not, then Bricklink it is for them.

Looks like the heads are slightly smaller than regular LEGO minifigure heads. Well... I hadn't seen that before. :/

It cuts a bit down of the ways to use them for me. But I think they will cause funny creations in the near future!

The games seem awfully fun! We are affecionados of boardgames, me and my boyfriend, and we have a closet full of them. These will be a nice addition, methinks. :wink:

I'm especially intrigued by the Creationary, which seems to be like Pictionary but with building LEGO instead of drawing pictures. What a fun concept!

I also sense that the "microfigs" aren't necessarily relative to each boardgame, but form a collectable series on their own.

Micro figs, what will they think of next? I really like them.

Hopefully macrofigs. :tongue: Like that one that washed up on the beach in Brighton, UK. I'd like one of those in my living room.

Hopefully macrofigs. :tongue:

Have you seen the new kitchen scale? Mine arrived yesterday and it's WAY bigger than I thought it would be. That's more than enough macro for me! :tongue:

scale.jpg

Svelte, that scale is scary looking. Why is that minifigure not wearing any pants? :wacko:

EDIT: Oh snap, some one should use that in a lego store to find a chrome vader :vader:

Edited by Natman8000

Svelte, that scale is scary looking. Why is that minifigure not wearing any pants? :wacko:

EDIT: Oh snap, some one should use that in a lego store to find a chrome vader :vader:

You know, I tried using the scale to do that :laugh: I'll do a review when I have time.

I was inspired by Sinner's Belville review but my recent change of title has me quaking with fear if I badmouth any more Lego homewares.

As for the pantsless fig... doesn't everyone cook in the nude? :wacko:

I'm looking forward to the MOCs that will made with the new figs! :sweet:

You know, I tried using the scale to do that :laugh: I'll do a review when I have time.

Please do; I'm very tempted to go for that!

I was inspired by Sinner's Belville review but my recent change of title has me quaking with fear if I badmouth any more Lego homewares.

:tongue: It's only 'cos I care!

As for the pantsless fig... doesn't everyone cook in the nude? :wacko:

I used to but a few past accidents has left me too scared...

I used to but a few past accidents has left me too scared...

Okaaay... Back on topic:

Here are some games:

Wow! Those look great!

Creationary? :laugh: As in Pictionary with bricks instead of crayons? That's awesome! :thumbup: One can only hope that the things you have to build are a little more challenging than airplanes and cars. :wink: Too bad AFOLs will always win in this game either way. :tongue:

The Labyrinth one looks good too! I love that game, and since you can build a different labyrinth every time you play, it will never get boring! :thumbup:

Not so sure about the pirate and Egypt ones... Somehow I don't understand the point of these games yet. :sceptic:

But they are all definitely great parts packs!

IMG_0200.jpg

Sigh... If only there were really such Spartan minifigs! :wub:

Perhaps it's foreshadowing a new theme? :sweet:

I'm getting more and more mad that these wont be released here! :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi