donneyboy

Worst Part

I think he means the ACTUAL camera that came with a studio set. You could film your minifig action and then play it on the computer. Apparently, the quality was so low that it was pointless.

Exatly, I believe he means the huge camera in this set:

1349-1.jpg

I think he means the ACTUAL camera that came with a studio set. You could film your minifig action and then play it on the computer. Apparently, the quality was so low that it was pointless.

Indeed, that's exactly what I mean, the minifig camera's are very nice, the 'real' camera... not so nice:(.

The baseplate (the one that breaks in half to reveal lava) is also one of the worst pieces ever made in my opinion.

Edited by Jippon

Actually, from what I can tell, that "piece" may not even be made out of regular ABS plastic. I have a ramp from a small technic racer set that is made out of a far cheaper, less durable plastic. If this piece is made out of that at all, then I don't think it ever deserves to be called an actual "Lego piece." :sick:

actually, i have that piece and its very durable, i like it. it's good for scenes :thumbup:

These things rank pretty high up there. Asymmetry, putrid colors, weird shapes, and metal rods pretty much bar any possible use.

These things rank pretty high up there. Asymmetry, putrid colors, weird shapes, and metal rods pretty much bar any possible use.

The particular Lego Racers line that those parts came from was crap through and through, and barely even quallified as Lego. All of the pieces were very specialized and not useful, there was basically no build at all, and the slammer/cases that they included were made out of the horrible non-ABS plastic that they also used to make the Racer ramps, play scenes, and all the other extra stuff in late 90/early 2000 sets. As much as I dislike the repetitiveness of the current Racers line, it totally blows these pieces of crud out of the water. :tongue:

Actually, if it wasn't just a small subtheme, I think that racers line could probably be a contender for "worst lego theme ever." :sick:

Edited by Grevious

This baseplate has got to be one of the worst in my collection... it looks okay on a large display if you can have it 8 bricks lower than the rest of the blue baseplates (an almost impossible task for a weekend show). Its a pain for storage and there are no studs on it to make it attach to anything or anything to it.

crystal_crawler_6145b.jpg_thumb.jpg

And as for Bionicles bashing... I'll admit I'm not a fan... but there are some really useful elements in many of the sets for creating building MOC details.

I dislike pieces like these:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=30293pb01

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=55817

Sort of like the chassis talked about earlier, they are not really needed because you can probably make a boulder that size with smaller pieces. And a big wheel like that should have been something like the waterwheel in 10193 Medieval Market Village.

These arms:

973px293.jpg

I have a limited amount of yellow arms, and pulling these out of the bin is just annoying after hoping I just found a spare piece.

I think This Ball, or in Indy's case, a 'boulder,' is incredibly useless.

Since I know there are Bionicle fans here that I don't want to offend, I won't say anything about that subject. :wink:

Edited by booger540

Since I know there are Bionicle fans here that I don't want to offend, I won't say anything about that subject. :wink:

For God's sake that piece isn't even IN a Bionicle set! :tongue:

I don't know my worst part. I don't understand what's so bad about those wheels from Tiny Turbos. I think they're pretty useful!

Edited by Darth Legolas

For God's sake that piece isn't even IN a Bionicle set! :tongue:

:laugh:

I guess that could be misread, but I mean't I hate Bionicle in general, which is a whole other discussion.

:laugh:

I guess that could be misread, but I mean't I hate Bionicle in general, which is a whole other discussion.

I think a lot of members wouldn't approve of non-system parts. It just doesn't fit in well. I do agree though, that it really can't be called Lego if it doesn't attach to a system piece or at least it attaches to a piece that attaches to a system piece. But this ball thing really is useful for NXT users, which is the reason it still is used.

Edited by Darth Legolas

I think a lot of members wouldn't approve of non-system parts.

I am usually one of them.

I do agree though, that it really can be called Lego if it doesn't attach to a system piece or at least it attaches to a piece that attaches to a system piece.

Don't you mean "it really can't be called..."? :wink:

But this ball thing really is useful for NXT users, which is the reason it still is used.

Funny, I don't like NXT either. :laugh: The only use I really see for the ball is as the Indy boulder. Though I don't like it, it at least rolls better than a most brick built spheres, and saves time.

These arms:

973px293.jpg

Yeah, I agree with that. They're completely useless, and only were (slightly) good on the basketball minifigures from back in '03. :sick:

It would make a great radome on the mast of a modern warship. It's even the right color!

How? You can't split the piece in half :sceptic:

Why would you want to split it in half? There's no need to open it, you would just have to imagine there's a radar inside even though it's just an empty ball.

New worst part! Those complete and utter disgusting horrendous...hideous excuses for Lego in the Disney Toy story heads!

Even three-year-olds will say "I want my Lego heads!" These things are downright stupid! The Prince Of Persia minifigs could really come in handy, so good job on that TLG, but that mess of Toy story is disgusting.

But as long as they don't make "Disney Channel" minifigures, normality can be contained. Or else we'd have to bring out the trash compactor! :vader: