On 7/31/2021 at 11:33 AM, williejm said:

Not seen it any any other retailers sorry. 

Thanks for your reply.

I’m guessing that if it isn’t marked as exclusive to LEGO’s own sales channels, it will eventually show up somewhere else. Hoping that Argos is one of them as I have credit there.

LEGO’s delay in supplying other retailers makes sense to an extent: LEGO gets to mop up the sales to early buyers. On the downside, that strategy is unlikely to please retailers who, after all, are also LEGO’s customers. 

3 hours ago, AmperZand said:

Thanks for your reply.

I’m guessing that if it isn’t marked as exclusive to LEGO’s own sales channels, it will eventually show up somewhere else. Hoping that Argos is one of them as I have credit there.

LEGO’s delay in supplying other retailers makes sense to an extent: LEGO gets to mop up the sales to early buyers. On the downside, that strategy is unlikely to please retailers who, after all, are also LEGO’s customers. 

I’m guessing that these things might also be caught up in the present problems of distribution. I know they’re not essentials, but I’d say I’ve noticed a marked decrease in shelf space given to Lego in everyday retailers like supermarkets increasingly in the last few months. Some seem to have skipped entire lines or series. I guess that makes some sense given lockdown and restrictions.

Argos is an interesting one, as they can have some peculiar decisions on what sets they carry, and for how long. I think maybe even Smyth’s has diminished physical shelf space for Lego, though in my experience they tend to be the most comprehensive store.

These are indeed confusing times. 

My local Sainsburys made the toys section half the size just about the same time as they opened an Argos concession inside.

1 hour ago, ukbajadave said:

My local Sainsburys made the toys section half the size just about the same time as they opened an Argos concession inside.

I guess that makes some sense - but I’ve seen the same Lego shelf shrinkage in Tesco, Morrison’s, Asda and non-Argos Sainsbury’s 

Tesco future deals!

Starting from the 29th September!!

Police city sets 60239, 60241, 60242 will be made into a 3-in-1 pack regular price will be £37 clubcard price will be £22 

42105 Technic Catamaran will be £21 if you have your clubcard with you

41393 Friends Baking Competition will be £21 if you have your clubcard handy 

Great chance to get some Christmas presents early

On 8/2/2021 at 8:09 PM, williejm said:

I guess that makes some sense - but I’ve seen the same Lego shelf shrinkage in Tesco, Morrison’s, Asda and non-Argos Sainsbury’s 

Me to, or they don't seem to keep up with stock, my local Tesco (which is massive) the Lego section has a lot of empty places. only sets they seem to have a lot of are Friends and Star Wars sets