Asda seems to have matched Argos' Lord of the Rings prices.

Managed to get Council and gate at the good prices.

Missed out on the ship for £40 though. Gutted.

Asda seems to have matched Argos' Lord of the Rings prices.

Managed to get Council and gate at the good prices.

Missed out on the ship for £40 though. Gutted.

Thank you so much for suggesting Asda!! Just got Mirkwood Elf army and Laketown chase. Never thought I'd find them in stock at such a good deal!

Toys R Us are having a little sale too... The Pirate Ship Ambush is £44.99 but you also get a £10 off voucher for spending over £40 on Lego. (Unfortunately you can't use the £10 on that order!)

Black Gate is down to £29.99 so you can get that for £19.99 if you wait for the voucher to come in then order again!

Welcome.

All I've missed out on now is Mirkwood Elf Army. But that's my fault for not pouncing when I had the chance

Thanks for the heads up!

Just ordered Unexpected Gathering and Pirate Ship Ambush!

Good call Matt, just ordered Dol Guldur and the Black Gate. Not convinced I want the pirate ship, I will wait until it's sold out and then curse myself for not buying.

The Laketown chase set is for sale at GBP25 too

:classic:

Edited by robuko

Actually ALL the Hobbit stuff is back in stock

Mirkwood Elves: http://direct.asda.com/LEGO-Hobbit-Mirkwood-Elf-Army---79012/000752405,default,pd.html

Dol Guldur Ambush: http://direct.asda.com/LEGO-Hobbit-Dol-Guldur-Ambush---79011/000752398,default,pd.html

Have a play with the search. Doesn't always show up on the LOTR/Hobbit search.

Got EVERYTHING I wanted now.

I'm still tempted to get 2 Black Gates from Toys R Us which will then give a £10 voucher for Lego. Selling the figs in one would pay for it!

I managed to pick one of those up a few months ago at half price... Glad I got it when I did!

My self-proclaimed dark ages after Harry Potter have fully ended today with the order of both Dol Guldur sets! Seems like a very good price...

Although, one problem, I ordered a Radagast on brick link and am now getting one! Doh!!

Have the Simpsons minifigs hit WHS yet?

I haven't seen any in WHSmiths yet, but I'd try Argos if there's one near you. I just bought 10 from Argos myself, off course the only downside to Argos is you can't feel them so it's more of a roulette. Lucky out of the 10 I got only 2 were repeated

...off course the only downside to Argos is you can't feel them so it's more of a roulette.

The nearest Argos and WHS are quite close to each other. I prefer WHS for exactly the reason you point out: you can feel for the ones you want with less hassle at WHS. You can do it at Argos too, but you have to buy loads first, feel for the ones you want and return the ones you don't want, which is a nuisance for me (and potentially other customers as well) and a cost to Argos.

After posting above, I discovered that an Entertainer near me has them so I popped over there instead and got what I wanted. The staff not only were happy for me to feel the bags, they even tried to find what I was after. They said that the Simpsons minifigs were selling very well.

Edited by AmperZand

The nearest Argos and WHS are quite close to each other. I prefer WHS for exactly the reason you point out: you can feel for the ones you want with less hassle at WHS. You can do it at Argos too, but you have to buy loads first, feel for the ones you want and return the ones you don't want, which is a nuisance for me (and potentially other customers as well) and a cost to Argos.

After posting above, I discovered that an Entertainer near me has them so I popped over there instead and got what I wanted. The staff not only were happy for me to feel the bags, they even tried to find what I was after. They said that the Simpsons minifigs were selling very well.

You can go up to the customer service desk in Argos and ask to view a box to find the ones you want. I do it all the time and they just leave me to it until I'm done, then they just sell me the ones I want.

Waterstones will also be selling them - I know 'cos I work there :) We had the big promo bag through last week, not sure if the figures are in yet, i've been on leave this week.

I wish there was still an entertainer store near me haha, at the moment the only store here that has them is Argos. I've done ok so far I have 12 out of 16 with 6 duplicates. Hopefully WHSmiths bring them out soon that way I can get the only four I need, Marge, Maggie, Millhouse and Wigam.

@Zanki

Thanks for the tip! I did not know that.

@Kaitan

Good to know. There's a Waterstones near my Argos and WHS. Always handy to have more options.

@Sam892

Shame I didn't know your wants sooner. I had a Maggie and Wigam in hand yesterday and would have got them for you at cost had I known.

My local Fenwicks store (Newcastle Upon-Tyne) has several of last years Legends of Chima sets with 50% off. I picked up a Gorilla striker for 24.99 instead of 49.99, even beating Amazons lowest discount. They even had the Lion CHI temple for only 49.99 instead of 99.99. They also had many other LOC small-medium sets with the same discount. It also came as a surprise that they had both Metalbeards ship and the Simpsons house in stock which still come under the 'exclusive' title on TLG website.

I can't speak for other Fenwicks stores but the Newcastle store is the flagship store and so has a large Lego selection.

Sainsbury's (Warrington) had 25% off 75034 Death Star Troopers and 75037 Battle on Saleucami.

I haven't seen this mentioned yet but the Daily Mail is running a LEGO PolyBag week again. This time the Lineup is pretty good, both the Tumbler and the Batplane are listed as is the Spider-man Glider.

Here's the full list and what day.

Sat 10th – 30302 Spider-Gilder

Sun 11th – 30282 Super Secret Police Enforcer

Mon 12th – 30246 Imperial Shuttle

Tue 13th – 30189 Creator Transport Plane

Wed 14th – 30228 Police ATV

Thu 15th – 30247 Starfighter

Fri 16th – 30301 Batwing

Sat 17th - 30300 Tumbler