In the next week I hope (ash cloud and BA considered) to be in Edinburgh (weekend), Aberdeen (early next week) and Thurso (end of next week). Are there any special deals to look out for in Tesco / Asda etc?

Thanks,

Tesco @ DULOCH PARK, DUNFERMLINE, FIFE, KY11 4QX have a good selection of Lego

Not sure you'll find anything in Thurso though, there's nothing up there!! (I'm up that way next week too!)

Pontypool Tesco had a large amount of Toy Story RC sets at £8.98. I nabbed one for myself. :thumbup: If anyone is anywhere near that, go grab a deal (and make yourselves known, LUG founding could happen!

Next set of decent sales are most likely to be in September when Boots start their 3 for 2 on Toys.

There *may* be some sales in the summer at places like Tesco, but they're not easy to predict it seems

Argos and amazon have the 4 smaller prince of persia sets for 20 % off .

Good times.

Argos and amazon have the 4 smaller prince of persia sets for 20 % off .

Good times.

Aaaargh !! Just bougth 2 smaller set in Argos a week and a half ago when visiting the inlaws in uk !!! :cry_sad:

Not sure you'll find anything in Thurso though, there's nothing up there!! (I'm up that way next week too!)

Well, proved myself wrong!!

Went into Thurso & found a toy shop, managed to get the traveller & the BBQ stand impulse sets, another cheerleader & another skater!! :laugh:

Was that before or after the sea mists rolled in? Found nothing in KIrkwall or Stromness; and the Tesco Wick had normal prices less 0.03 (3p)... Will look again in Edinburgh now my flights have been rearranged due to strikes.

Toys R Us

Kinnaird Park

Newcraighall Road

Edinburgh

EH15 3RD

Phone: 0131 657 4121

John Lewis's in Edinburgh do a small selection too

Where is the best PaB in UK?

I've been only to Lego store by Lego Discovery Centre in Manchester's Trafford Centre, but PaB is very poor there - just a few basic bricks, nothing to choose from.

Unfortunately all the other Lego stores are in south-east I think.

Just a heads up for any other Irish posters who check this thread in case the British chain store offers apply to Ireland too :) Although Argos haven't discounted Prince of Persia Lego here in Ireland, guess what? Smyths Toys have! Hassansin set is now just €10, Ostrich race €15 (rather than €18), Fight for the dagger €32 rather than the €38 I spent :( and race against time is €42 instead of €50!

I haven't checked to be sure, but I think this means these are a better offer for Irish AFOLs than ordering from Amazon.co.uk (even though we do now get supersaver too). Amazon prices are higher than those displayed, you have to account for VAT difference (21% instead of 17%) which only gets added at checkout and then convert to Euro (not quite as good recently although the rate against sterling hasn't changed too much, it's the US dollar that really isn't as good).

The Smyths Toys deals presumably apply in UK/NI stores too, so another option for UK folks?

No sign of any Tesco deals similar to UK, although there is a small discount on Racers (was on old racer stock only, but they seem to have extended it to the new Racers stock too - maybe they can't shift it and will discount it more?)

Another heads up, Tesco will be re-doing the toy plans next week. The new lego items will be

3221 - City Truck

7598 - Toy Story Pizza Planet Truck

7789 - Lotso's Dump Truck

As well as a new creator set and LEGO Hero Heroes and Rookies assortments

Another heads up, Tesco will be re-doing the toy plans next week. The new lego items will be

3221 - City Truck

7598 - Toy Story Pizza Planet Truck

7789 - Lotso's Dump Truck

As well as a new creator set and LEGO Hero Heroes and Rookies assortments

cheers for the info. I do wonder how tesco pick the sets they are going to display. My local one still has most of the 2009 city range. Will they have any kingdoms sets when they are released do you know?

Not really sure about the kingdom sets. However we won't see a major overhaul of the toy section until the end of the summer, when outdoor toys are discounted and the space that they use is turned over to boys, girls and infant toys for the run up to the christmas period. This usually sees an increase in the standard LEGO section along with Star Wars LEGO being next to other Star Wars toys, like wise with Toy Story. As with any major retailer Tesco has a buyer for toys who works with their suppliers to make decisions about what to stock, as I am 99% sure that Cade Bane's Landspeeder will be a Tesco exclusive this year. Don't quote me on it! But I will pass on any information as soon as it becomes available later in the year.

Cheers ! Tesco's is a good one for me as i can sneak it onto a credit card without showing up as lego/tru !!

Just heard that the following sets are available in the UK lego brand stores:

Toy Story 3; Space Police 3; Kingdoms (including Battle Packs & Impulse sets); City (including the new trains, the truck & the airport); and World Racers.

3221 City Truck (big yellow one) was available in my local Tesco for €25 today (along with the Fire helicopter at €22 in a standalone cardboard stand near the end of an aisle).

Argos and Toys'R'Us have Prince Of Persia with lowered prices.

Toys'R'Us and John Lewiss have Toy Story 3.

I asked today about Kingdoms in Toys'R'Us and The Entertainer and in TRU they didn't know anything, in TE they said they are going to have it from July.

My local WH Smith had 20% off Lego. Except all the prices were inflated from normal S@H prices so even with the discounts most were more expensive. :angry:

My local WH Smith had 20% off Lego. Except all the prices were inflated from normal S@H prices so even with the discounts most were more expensive. :angry:

yeah i've noticed this. WHSmith is a rip off when it comes to lego.

ASDA has a couple of the small sets - a fire vehicle and a newer police motorcycle - for £2.97 each.

In other news, the only place I've been able to find the collectible minifigs is in Uxbridge's Argos - I can't find them anywhere else.

Just a quick update on the LEGO situation in Tesco, it would seem as if the there may be a delay in the release of the heroes and toy story 3 sets, as at least in my store the codes given on the new plans are not working on the stores back office system. This usually means the stock is quite ready to go. But keep an eye out as they may turn up any time soon.

I found minifigures collection in old kent road TRU (Peckham, i guess), in Legoland finished minutes before I arrived.

in TRU brent cross and Croydon there is NO minifigures too...

Edited by Mr Meleca