Amazon.co.uk have some great deals at the moment, they have the 7914 Mandolorian Battle Pack 54% off now at £4.60 instead of the RRP of £9.99 link. They also have the two smallest Cars sets, 8200 Radiator Springs Lightning McQueen and 8201 Classic Mater 44% off now at £2.80 instead of the RRP of £4.99 8200 link and 8201 link. :classic:

~buddy~

Thanks. I wasn't going to bother with Cars but at those prices it would be rude not to!

Don't forget that that particular Amazon storefront has £4.62 postage, so while they are good deals, they are not the immediate steal that they appear to be.

edit - talking about the Mandalorian set rather than the Cars sets.

Edited by Rumble Strike

Looks like there is going to another Lego Store in London, in the new Westfield Stratford centre. Jobs advertised on lego.com.

That's not going to be confusing in the slightest! One in Westfield London Shopping Centre, West London & one in Westfield Stratford Centre, East London! :hmpf:

Good of TLG to open the next one North of Birmingham!! Oh wait! Those right up North or in Scotland still have to suffer!! :angry::thumbdown:

I know they're opening one in Liverpool but that's still over 200 miles from where I'm currently located! How about opening one in Glasgow!

Don't forget that that particular Amazon storefront has £4.62 postage, so while they are good deals, they are not the immediate steal that they appear to be.

edit - talking about the Mandalorian set rather than the Cars sets.

At the time of the post I made, the Mandolorian Battle Packs were £4.60 with free super saver delivery and were being sold by Amazon themselves, but it seems they sold out quickly and now the only person selling them is a seller who charges £4.62 postage. :thumbdown:

~buddy~

Looks like there is going to another Lego Store in London, in the new Westfield Stratford centre. Jobs advertised on lego.com.

Excellent news, that will be about 15 minutes from where I live. I was keeping my fingers crossed they would be opening one there. :)

Any guesses as to what the "grand opening" set will be?

Any guesses as to what the "grand opening" set will be?

Good question, I had not thought about it but hopefully they won't just recycle the London Bus. Could be something olympics related perhaps?

In Tesco I saw a Lego Cars 2 off-shelf display. Similarly priced to TRU, no bargains. Also another Tesco I visit has had a reset and suddenly put out some Alien Conquest sets. So the summer wave stuff is trickling in.

In Tesco I saw a Lego Cars 2 off-shelf display. Similarly priced to TRU, no bargains. Also another Tesco I visit has had a reset and suddenly put out some Alien Conquest sets. So the summer wave stuff is trickling in.

Finally, I'm glad they're getting the Alien Conquest sets in. Do you recall which ones they had, by any chance?

What RH said, The small impulse set, the buggy car plus the Tripod at £17.97.

Thankyou both, I'm off there now coincidentally. Fingers crossed. I'll report back if I find something new there you've not mentioned already.

My local Tesco have the Atlantis Ocean Speeder for £2.50 and the Angler Attack for £14.

Cars 2 display but no Alien Conquest.

Hi Rocketbilly.

I have worked out, using my massive powers of deduction (and seeing where the Alien Conquest sets are on the shelf), that the Atlantis stuff was replaced by Alien Conquest. So give it another couple of days and your Atlantis section will be gone.

Boots.com has a 3 for 2 offer on a large part of it's lego selection. No Star Wars Battle packs though. :thumbdown:

Argos are selling 8089 - Hoth Wampa Cave for £24.99 each, although the stock seems to be fairly limited, so you might need to be quick. Total bargain, even cheaper than Amazon! :wink:

I recently got in contact with The Milton Keynes store about the new wave of SW sets, and apparently they are due in the last two weeks of July (i.e. now) and early August. :thumbup:

Hopefully we'll be lucky enough to get deals straight after they come out, like the Americans. :tongue:

And it is currently 70p cheaper, for £8.29 with free delivery on Amazon:

Click here

~buddy~

Edited by buddy