Same here.am new to the AFOL scence, so would not have anything to sell yet. I live in Thornton heath, near Croydon, and have been to Westfields a few times so can easily do meets there.

Pinky, Novastar, S_alvyn and anyone else (SilentMode?),

I'll be at the Westfield LEGO store near the till with loads of extra parts this Sunday, 9 Jan 2011 at 1.00pm sharp. I'll have a black and dark grey backpack and wearing a distinctive scarf with black, burgundy and yellow stripes running along its length. Please come over and introduce yourself. Once we're all assembled, we can find a cafe or somewhere in the Westfield centre where we can trade/buy/sell. :classic:

If you're buying S3 minifigs from the LEGO shop, you might get ones you don't want but I do. So you'll have something to trade. The LEGO shop opens at 12.00pm on Sundays.

If you or anyone else can make it, please post below.

Thanks,

Amps

All right, I'm in :thumbup: I will probably be grabbing some more figures for extras. Have a look at my BrickLink shop for anything you want - I've also come into a number of 1x6 yellow and medium orange(?) tiles.

Great, we should be able to make it. We are pretty recognisable; Pinky has bright pink hair. You can't miss him! :laugh:

Anyone know if their PaB wall is any good atm, we have a load of the promotion boxes to fill :classic:

Great, we should be able to make it. We are pretty recognisable; Pinky has bright pink hair. You can't miss him! :laugh:

Anyone know if their PaB wall is any good atm, we have a load of the promotion boxes to fill :classic:

What kind of parts are you after?

Would be better to keep conversations to private messages rather than cluttering up threads :wink:

This has gone off topic as it has no tangible link to uk retailer sales- maybe start a new thread for your swap meets?

I keep getting excited about a Lego set in a sale and then it's annoying to see your conversation :)

Went into Liverpool today. Game station have season 2 minifigures (never seen them in game station before but there you go). WH Smiths don't have anything yet, same with The Entertainer. John Lewis have the new Ninjago stuff but no season three minifigures.

Went for a scout for new SW lego today, nothing at Argos, Toymaster, WH Smith, not even any S3 Minifigs.

(loughborough UK)

Was in WHSmiths in Hertford today, no sign of series3 but they do have a sale on and the LEGO appears to be buy one get one free!, now I could be wrong as I didn't have time to investigate fully but it might be worth checking out your local store. They didn't have anything big but they did have quite a few different sets on the shelves.

D

Was in WHSmiths in Hertford today, no sign of series3 but they do have a sale on and the LEGO appears to be buy one get one free!, now I could be wrong as I didn't have time to investigate fully but it might be worth checking out your local store. They didn't have anything big but they did have quite a few different sets on the shelves.

D

Been BOGOF in Smiths for ages but they're ridiculously overpriced so you're not actually saving much (For example, they sell 3177 Small car for £4.99 each, Asda & Tesco sell it for £3.49)

Went hunting for S3 minifigs at one of my local Argos Extras, they haven't got them in stock yet (Scotland) but as I turned to walk out I noticed some sets marked as clearance in the baskets where the till queues are & picked out 2x 3177 Small Car reduced to £2.99 each :thumbup:

Had a few Star Wars Battlepacks reduced on clearance too but didn't bother with them. Maybe worth checking your local stores for clearance bargains :thumbup:

Prince of Persia Ostrich Race still in stock and discounted at John Lewis, for GBP 7. Heck, I think I'll get a couple more for the heck of it. I need more ostrich, damnit!

Fresh from the report on Brickset that Argos has the Series 3 minifigures, I popped into my local store on the way to work and I bought a whole box. It took a while for them to find it, because it hadn't been put out for purchase. I managed to agree with them that I could buy the whole box, to then sort through to get a whole set and return the rest*

They were still priced at £1.99 each, although I note that the Series 2 minifig item number has a price of £2.03, so be prepared for a slight price rise due to VAT.

Tonights task is to sort through the box and learn how to read these little dots. I think they're going to be virtually impossible to do in store unless you have a lot of time on your hands. I have a theory that might help, but I need to test it first.

* i.e. the rest, minus duplicates of all the coolest figs ;)

Fresh from the report on Brickset that Argos has the Series 3 minifigures, I popped into my local store on the way to work and I bought a whole box. It took a while for them to find it, because it hadn't been put out for purchase. I managed to agree with them that I could buy the whole box, to then sort through to get a whole set and return the rest*

They were still priced at £1.99 each, although I note that the Series 2 minifig item number has a price of £2.03, so be prepared for a slight price rise due to VAT.

Tonights task is to sort through the box and learn how to read these little dots. I think they're going to be virtually impossible to do in store unless you have a lot of time on your hands. I have a theory that might help, but I need to test it first.

If you want to sell another complete set or part of a complete set let me know :-)

I might reserve 1 or 2 Series 3 minifigs at one of my local Argos stores and collect them tomorrow.

I think that the dot codes are really easy to read and work out, I tried it on the 3 I ordered from S@H that arrived yesterday and it took me a few seconds at the most to figure each one out. I just held the packet up to the light and could immediately see the dots, but this may just be because my Opticion says that I have perfect eyesight! :laugh:

~buddy~

I just got my first 6 from Argos and really struggled to see the dots, some packs definatelly seemed to have more dots than any of the pictures on the cheat sheets! Think I was the first in the box as it seemed full, but the staff had no problems with me having a feel, even had a chat about the fact that these don't have bar codes like the others had.

D

Went for a scout for new SW lego today, nothing at Argos, Toymaster, WH Smith, not even any S3 Minifigs.

(loughborough UK)

Did you check the big Tesco up near the shopping centre? my local Tesco has Ninjago sets, so I'd probably expect that one to have them too, though they're kind of hard to find because in my Tesco they're not with the rest of the toys. Anyway, my experience of the big Loughborough Tesco is that they often have a lot of good sets.

Will/Rocketbilly

Edited by Rocketbilly

I might reserve 1 or 2 Series 3 minifigs at one of my local Argos stores and collect them tomorrow.

I think that the dot codes are really easy to read and work out, I tried it on the 3 I ordered from S@H that arrived yesterday and it took me a few seconds at the most to figure each one out. I just held the packet up to the light and could immediately see the dots, but this may just be because my Opticion says that I have perfect eyesight! :laugh:

~buddy~

Hello, buddy,

Some dot codes are easier to read than others. The elf, for example, is particularly tricky. Some others are a lot more straightforward.

Hello, Anyone bound for the Westfield (London) store this weekend,

Please be aware that most of the Underground/Overground lines that normally serve nearby stations are not operating Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th Jan. Please see the TFL site for details.

I'll be at the Westfield shop on Sunday at 1.00pm regardless.

Amps

Amps - I started a new thread in the Events section for this so it can be discussed there properly :classic:

Pinky and I will be driving over from Mitcham if anyone wants a lift from the general SW area!

Re Minifig Series 3 dots - we bought some a couple of weeks ago from Bluewater, and I had no problems in identifying 3 out of 3 packets from the dots.

I've got the cheat sheet on my ipad so I've always got it to hand :laugh:

Amazon UK now have most of the new 2011 sets available at RRP with free delivery and have 3 out of the 4 City Space sets available for pre-order with the shipping date of 01/03/2011, I may pre-order a couple of them now! :classic:

~buddy~

I just got my first 6 from Argos and really struggled to see the dots, some packs definatelly seemed to have more dots than any of the pictures on the cheat sheets! Think I was the first in the box as it seemed full, but the staff had no problems with me having a feel, even had a chat about the fact that these don't have bar codes like the others had.

D

I too found it a real struggle. I wonder if the UK codes are slightly different, since the number that's printed on them all is different on the ones I got.

I had a real struggle finding the Elf. Mind you, out of my box, I only opened 19 to find the full set of 16. I've got two opened Sumo Wrestlers and a Space Villain going spare!

I too found it a real struggle. I wonder if the UK codes are slightly different, since the number that's printed on them all is different on the ones I got.

I had a real struggle finding the Elf. Mind you, out of my box, I only opened 19 to find the full set of 16. I've got two opened Sumo Wrestlers and a Space Villain going spare!

I'm planning on trying to get as many as I can without getting doubles, but if it becomes too much hastle I think I'll just buy the last few for a bit more, save spending more on one's I don't want, I just want one of each for the full set!

D

I know Amazon has all of the star wars sets numbered 79XX. Check my post if you want links.

They may have more, if you want to find a particular set, try what I did and type in the set number under toys and games.

I've just got back from my local Argos with 1 Series 3 minifigure (the snowboarder :thumbup: ). They had 2 full boxes of them in stock, and at first the member of staff at the desk said that the computer said that the cost of 1 S3 minifig was a million pounds! :wacko: The manager then made the price correct at £1.99. :tongue:

~buddy~

Well how did you manage to pesuade them to do that?! *huh*

That's a good tactic I may have to try.

Well how did you manage to pesuade them to do that?! *huh*

That's a good tactic I may have to try.

I just explained that I wanted a full set and that was it and said there was a way to tell which was which, but it's more time consuming than the barcode method (which they were familiar with). I then explained that the packs I returned wouldn't be opened. Obviously, I had to pay for 60 initially, but they were happy for me to return the unopened ones, which I will do today.