Thanks so much for helping guys!

I see. I did pop my head round to see if I could see them, but I must have missed them. If you saw a tall guy in green it was me. :tongue:

Perhaps I should wait until they come out in more accessible areas and not in everyone's view and way. :grin: How did you manage to get them Zanki? When I was there there were big queues so I didn't bother looking in detail.

I just stood in the queue area hunting through the plastic container. My friend just kept telling people we were not in the que and no one seemed bothered. The people behind the tills gave us strange looks at first until they realised we where looking for the ones we wanted. I don't think there are any Karate figures left, if there are I missed it. I really want to create my clubs Dojo so I really want those figures.

Do you guys have a john lewis nearby in coventry ? The one in Southampton (and bluewater!) had series 1 just on the shelf so you could pick them out pretty quickly and not bother anyone at the till. Hopefully they will do the same with series 2 when they get them.

Just picked up a bunch in Kingston Upon Thames - they had three boxes on a stand rather than behind the tills. Managed to check them all - looks like someone had already been after Spartans, I only managed to find 5. If anyone is interested, there are a few (~30-40?) series one minifigs left in Bentalls in Kingston behind the till, John Lewis in Kingston has four overstuffed boxes of series one in their Lego section.

cheers,

timbutnice

WHSmith in George Street,Hove,Sussex has a box of series 2 in stock,they are going fast though. Managed to get the whole collection after about 30 mins of feeling and comparing bar codes :wink:

Apologies if this is old news, but Argos have Woody's Roundup for £29.99 (25% off)

cheers,

timbutnice

Thanks for this! Argos in Ireland do have this listed now on the website in their Clearance Toys and Games section and I picked up one for €41 using that code. Strangely if you use the normal catalogue code, it is full price, and more shows up in stock (I picked up the only one in my area stocked under the clearance code). Even more odd was the fact that they are displayed instore - I guess if I had picked that up I would have been charged full price!

No sign of Minifig series 2 here in Ireland - my local Smyth's Toys still have the last few Series 1 (they had hung the last few packets up separately, one or two deep across a shelf - looks odd but I guess they want to clear them out).

I went to a toymaster in ashford and they had ten boxes!!!! So I got twelve packets. I will be back for more :devil:

Edited by Darth Jar Jar

WH Smith in the Plaza on Oxford Street has series 2 minifigs. You can find them in the queuing section at the front, which makes it awkward to pick out the ones you want. But when I was there for series 1 minifigures, fortunately a member of staff helped me out.

Managed to get a weightliter in today's catch, which leaves four minifigures to go for a complete set.

dont know if anyone has picked up a store calendar flyer for september form a lego store, but its got a voucher for vip members saying "registered vip members get 20% of any one item from bluewater/ brigton / miton keynes stores, with this voucher. offer is valid form the 1st to the 30th of September. best save some monies guys :grin:

dont know if anyone has picked up a store calendar flyer for september form a lego store, but its got a voucher for vip members saying "registered vip members get 20% of any one item from bluewater/ brigton / miton keynes stores, with this voucher. offer is valid form the 1st to the 30th of September. best save some monies guys :grin:

Thanks for the heads up :) sounds like a good deal, worth saving up some money and getting some big sets to make use of the discount. I think i will go for the fire brigade. 20% off plus my vip points i've saved up means i can get it for 60 quid- bargain!

bum, i have looked at the small print."this offer cannot be combined with any other offer ,discount or coupon".

looks like we cannot use the vip points to get even more money off, but might be worth giving it a go on the day

ah well, thats a shame. As you say, might be able to blag it on the day. If not 20% is still a good saving, and the purchase will still go towards more VIP points for next time !

I know it's not a sale per se but some of you may be interested to know that there is a full unopened box of Series 1 minifigs in the Stratford branch of WHSmiths. I went in today to see if they had Series 2 (they don't). That's Stratford, east London rather than upon-Avon by the way!

Just an fyi for peeps in the UK, Tesco Direct's new catalog launched today. As usual, it comes with certain launch offers. :)

£5 worth of extra clubcard points on all orders over £50

£10 worth of extra clubcard points on Toys & Games orders over £75

See here for codes: http://direct.tesco....s/ecoupons.aspx

I don't know if he'll read this but 'hello' to the fellow AFOL I met yesterday at the Series 2 minifig section at WHSmith in Wood Green!

hi

I have a question:I saw vouchers for sale in the ebay (one pound), some of them with 50% of discount in some sets.

Does have someone who already bought one of these?

Is it legal (or correct)?

I really want to know your opinion.

thanks

hi

I have a question:I saw vouchers for sale in the ebay (one pound), some of them with 50% of discount in some sets.

Does have someone who already bought one of these?

Is it legal (or correct)?

I really want to know your opinion.

thanks

I doubt it. If such vouchers existed, it would be highly likely us Lego enthusiasts would know about them. News of such vouchers is often posted in this forum and others like it on Eurobricks and all over the web. Of course it is possible these have slipped through the AFOL net and are legitimate, but 50% seems like a grand reduction, and wouldn't it be easier for the seller of the coupons to just go and buy the sets themselves and sell the actual sets on eBay rather than just the vouchers? that strikes me ss being more profitable.

I'd advise you to be cautious myself.

Perhaps if you could ask about the origins of the vouchers and can validate them as being legitimate then go ahead, by all means grab yourself a bargain. Just be careful.

Will/Rocketbilly

Edited by Rocketbilly

It's probably likely that it's someone out to make a fast buck for doing nothing!

Probably discount information already obtainable for free through here, Brickish or elsewhere!

The same as the morons who charge people to buy the barcodes for minifigs when they're available online for free!

I think the discounts are obtained by purchasing the item from a store like littlewoods, when you sign up to a store card. Once you sign up they give you £30 off you first order.

Tbh its a scam from the ebay seller :thumbdown:

Edited by amity498

Its not a scam,i got my son the last fire station with one of those vouchers.You do need to sign up with whoever the voucher is valid with,i think mine was Argos additions.As long as you are not already signed up with them,the voucher code will work :sweet:

I just last night got the Troll Fortress from there, the sale's been going for about a week and somebody gave us the heads-up then. This is the first time I've ever ordered Lego online, and it's large by my standards, so I'm nervous....

Poking around Amazon now, other sizeable price reductions that people might be interested in include a lot of Star Wars, Toy Story and Prince of Persia sets.

I just last night got the Troll Fortress from there, the sale's been going for about a week and somebody gave us the heads-up then. This is the first time I've ever ordered Lego online, and it's large by my standards, so I'm nervous....

What are you nervous about ?

Well, it's online, anything can go wrong... and since I'm something of a closet Lego fan, there's a risk the box'll break and the postman'll see the contents :sing: