You don't need a ticket to the shop, but PAB and BAM are very poor unfortunately. A few basic bricks. The most interesting part for me there was a flower stalk and once there were a few pieces from a game set thrown in, so I got some white arches.

If it comes to sets, it's probably the best choice if you don't want to go to London area.

If you go there let us know if they have Kingdoms, I haven't seen them anywhere else.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll probably check it out later this Summer and I'll make sure to let you know.

Smyths Toys have a sale on - seems to vary by store as to what deals you get as the old stock doesn't show up on the online catalogue (often they only have a handful of non-recent sets).

As an example (these aren't there anymore - I bought the only ones) the outlet in Newry (Northern Ireland) had Indy fighter plane and jungle cutter for £15 each, and the pirate ship at £25. I didn't get to check the Belfast outlet just off the M1 as it was too early to visit it.

They do at more than one location have AT-TEs at £40/€50. Also reductions on Toy Story pizza truck, green army men and build-a-buzz.

Anyway, anyone near a Smyths outlet should have a look in person in their local one. Worth checking their website store locater if you are in Britain and haven't heard of them (I presume any AFOL in Ireland is familiar with their nearest outlet :-)

Hello everyone, my first post here at the forums. I have just started collecting lego again and found this site whilst browsing the other day.

Anyway, thought I would post that boots on-line have a few items for sale at 1/3 off, including a few toy story sets. Here is the sale link with all the lego items included. Hope it's of use to anyone. :classic:

My link

Edited by RPupkin

Never knew boots sold lego! I'm not really interested in toy story myself, but it could be very useful for others.

Apologies if this is old news, but the Battle of Alamut has moved to clearance at Argos (think it was only the other PoP sets previously). Now £54.99, £15.00 off - some other discounts there that I hadn't spotted also.

cheers,

timbutnice

Just spotted that all Lego is 3 for 2 at Boots.com. Some items sold out but a lot still available as I type this.

Regards,

iTrain

Was at the Disney store in leicester today where they had 50% of all Prince of Persia LEGO. They had plenty of stocks of all sets except '7573 Battle of Alamut' which just happens to be the only one I havnt got yet!

If anyone knows of a store with any left please share the knowledge :classic:

Thanks

Was at the Disney store in leicester today where they had 50% of all Prince of Persia LEGO. They had plenty of stocks of all sets except '7573 Battle of Alamut' which just happens to be the only one I havnt got yet!

If anyone knows of a store with any left please share the knowledge :classic:

Thanks

cheers for the heads up. Heard about the 50% pop discount but it didnt occur to me to check the stores! Probably look in the blue water one on tuesday and the southampton one at somepoint after that. Will let you know!

Thanks Bendy Badger, although some of those are sold by resellers, so no "Super Saver" free delivery!

I did buy Battle of Alamut from Amazon as it was reduced to £54.99 (from £69.99). Even with Amazon charging extra for Irish VAT (listed price is base price + 17% VAT, Irish customers get charged base price + 21% VAT) with the improvement in Sterling/Euro rate, it worked out to about €67.50, which is pretty good compared to S@H's €89.99 or Smyths Toys €84.99.

Argos did have a sale price of €72.99 on Battle of Alamut just yesterday (checked in store), but with the new catalog out on Saturday they seem to have dropped prices again! Now only €64.99 - so I could have saved even another €2.50 and got it straight away today. Oh well.

So for folks in the UK, probably worth checking Argos too, although I suspect Argos here in Ireland have more of the clearance stock in-store still (less fanatical Lego purchasers combined with probably more acute retail situation than the UK in terms of lack of shoppers due to recession). A notable bargain was the further reduction of the Pig Farm to €20.99 (originally €34.99, then €26.99).

By the way - would UK posters mind if the thread title was changed to UK and Ireland sales, given that many Lego outlets are the same chains in UK and Ireland and even often the same sales? Tesco, Argos, Smyths Toys are all common to both states - and with Northern Ireland, Irish buyers can potentially get to TRU and other UK outlets - not to mention buying from Amazon and other UK online retailers who ship to Ireland.

Edited by brickzone

Argos did have a sale price of €72.99 on Battle of Alamut just yesterday (checked in store), but with the new catalog out on Saturday they seem to have dropped prices again! Now only €64.99 - so I could have saved even another €2.50 and got it straight away today. Oh well.

So for folks in the UK, probably worth checking Argos too, although I suspect Argos here in Ireland have more of the clearance stock in-store still (less fanatical Lego purchasers combined with probably more acute retail situation than the UK in terms of lack of shoppers due to recession). A notable bargain was the further reduction of the Pig Farm to €20.99 (originally €34.99, then €26.99).

Thanks. I've reserved the Battle of Alumet set for €65 at a Dublin Argos store. Also the AAT is on sale for €31.99 at Argos Ireland stores.

Well worth watching the prices fall in the run up to each new catalogue although lack of availability becomes an issue.

Just went on a lego hunt and thought i would report back.

Disney stores seem to be out of the PoP sets which is a shame, i was hoping to get the two big sets. Tried the one in Southampton and Bluewater and both out.

Argos has battle of alamut for 49.99 which is pretty good, but might risk it to see if its reduced further. Rest of the argos clearances can be seen here

Tesco had 25% off a few selected sets. Standout set was the 8061 Gateway of the Squid for £18.99. Not sure if this is nationwide, only saw it in the ipswich tesco.

Bluewater lego store had the 10196: Grand Carousel for £125 reduced from £179.99 which seemed like a good saving.

Just went on a lego hunt and thought i would report back.

Disney stores seem to be out of the PoP sets which is a shame, i was hoping to get the two big sets. Tried the one in Southampton and Bluewater and both out.

Argos has battle of alamut for 49.99 which is pretty good, but might risk it to see if its reduced further. Rest of the argos clearances can be seen here

The Leicester Disney store today had further reductions on its POP LEGO. Set no 7569 Desert Attack for £4.99, 7570 Ostrich race for £5 and 7571 Fight for the dagger £8. Quest against time now sold out. They still had at least 20 or so of each but thats only a fraction compared to Sunday.

I too was thinking of waiting for further reductions at Argos. It seems the poor success of the film has carried over to the LEGO set sales. 50-75% off at Disney stores and only been on the shelves 3-4months! Might get one now just to make sure and then maybe get a few more as parts packs if the price goes down further.

The Leicester Disney store today had further reductions on its POP LEGO. Set no 7569 Desert Attack for £4.99, 7570 Ostrich race for £5 and 7571 Fight for the dagger £8. Quest against time now sold out. They still had at least 20 or so of each but thats only a fraction compared to Sunday.

I too was thinking of waiting for further reductions at Argos. It seems the poor success of the film has carried over to the LEGO set sales. 50-75% off at Disney stores and only been on the shelves 3-4months! Might get one now just to make sure and then maybe get a few more as parts packs if the price goes down further.

Wow thats nuts ! 8 quid for fight for the dagger! How many did you pick up ? And do you fancy selling me one :tongue:

Really gutted that the stores round me had run out :(

I just went straight into town and got the Battle of Alamut set when I saw the online Argos price of €65.99. However, their store checker listed it at €72.99. After about ten minutes investigating, they gave it to me for the online price but said that the website was probably wrong, not their checkers. If anybody was thinking about getting it, drop everything and do it now before they fix the price. Like, right now. All the other reduced online prices were correct.

Argos have their new catalogue out, including summer Star Wars and City sets. Some prices here in Ireland are better than Smyths Toys or Lego S@H, e.g. Cargo Train for €149.99.

No sign of Minifig Series 2, and Series 1 only show up on the website under the category Clearance Toys and Games now.

I just went straight into town and got the Battle of Alamut set when I saw the online Argos price of €65.99. However, their store checker listed it at €72.99. After about ten minutes investigating, they gave it to me for the online price but said that the website was probably wrong, not their checkers. If anybody was thinking about getting it, drop everything and do it now before they fix the price. Like, right now. All the other reduced online prices were correct.

Thanks for the info, i was waiting to see whether they would drop it further, but if the price is going back up then i will go and pick it up tomorrow!

Wow! that's excellent, will definitely be checking it out tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

Looks like Dominoe's wil be shunned in favour of the Disney Store tomorrow, though somehow I doubt I'll be able to get much. Or anyhting. Oh well.

Glad to see another Leicester AFOL, too!

Will/Rocketbilly

Just picked mine up, it was the same in southampton. The website had it down as £49.99 but the store checker had it at £54.99. i asked and they gave it to me for the lower price which is good! I echo dunjohns statement, pick it up before they fix it!

Wow! that's excellent, will definitely be checking it out tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

Looks like Dominoe's wil be shunned in favour of the Disney Store tomorrow, though somehow I doubt I'll be able to get much. Or anyhting. Oh well.

Glad to see another Leicester AFOL, too!

Will/Rocketbilly

What was the situation at Leicester when you went? Were there many sets available for the amounts posted?