On 7/31/2021 at 11:33 AM, williejm said:

Not seen it any any other retailers sorry. 

Thanks for your reply.

I’m guessing that if it isn’t marked as exclusive to LEGO’s own sales channels, it will eventually show up somewhere else. Hoping that Argos is one of them as I have credit there.

LEGO’s delay in supplying other retailers makes sense to an extent: LEGO gets to mop up the sales to early buyers. On the downside, that strategy is unlikely to please retailers who, after all, are also LEGO’s customers. 

3 hours ago, AmperZand said:

Thanks for your reply.

I’m guessing that if it isn’t marked as exclusive to LEGO’s own sales channels, it will eventually show up somewhere else. Hoping that Argos is one of them as I have credit there.

LEGO’s delay in supplying other retailers makes sense to an extent: LEGO gets to mop up the sales to early buyers. On the downside, that strategy is unlikely to please retailers who, after all, are also LEGO’s customers. 

I’m guessing that these things might also be caught up in the present problems of distribution. I know they’re not essentials, but I’d say I’ve noticed a marked decrease in shelf space given to Lego in everyday retailers like supermarkets increasingly in the last few months. Some seem to have skipped entire lines or series. I guess that makes some sense given lockdown and restrictions.

Argos is an interesting one, as they can have some peculiar decisions on what sets they carry, and for how long. I think maybe even Smyth’s has diminished physical shelf space for Lego, though in my experience they tend to be the most comprehensive store.

These are indeed confusing times. 

1 hour ago, ukbajadave said:

My local Sainsburys made the toys section half the size just about the same time as they opened an Argos concession inside.

I guess that makes some sense - but I’ve seen the same Lego shelf shrinkage in Tesco, Morrison’s, Asda and non-Argos Sainsbury’s 

Tesco future deals!

Starting from the 29th September!!

Police city sets 60239, 60241, 60242 will be made into a 3-in-1 pack regular price will be £37 clubcard price will be £22 

42105 Technic Catamaran will be £21 if you have your clubcard with you

41393 Friends Baking Competition will be £21 if you have your clubcard handy 

Great chance to get some Christmas presents early

On 8/2/2021 at 8:09 PM, williejm said:

I guess that makes some sense - but I’ve seen the same Lego shelf shrinkage in Tesco, Morrison’s, Asda and non-Argos Sainsbury’s 

Me to, or they don't seem to keep up with stock, my local Tesco (which is massive) the Lego section has a lot of empty places. only sets they seem to have a lot of are Friends and Star Wars sets 

Am i the only one this year, who is quite disappointed in the high street store Boxing Day sales for Lego.  Argos say they have loads of sets, however, there are almost non available within 70 miles of me.  Even my local independent toy shop only had a fiver off of some £35+ sets. 

On 12/27/2021 at 7:09 PM, jus1973 said:

Am i the only one this year, who is quite disappointed in the high street store Boxing Day sales for Lego.  Argos say they have loads of sets, however, there are almost non available within 70 miles of me.  Even my local independent toy shop only had a fiver off of some £35+ sets. 

As 'black friday' sales have become more of a thing overhere is does seem to have a negative affect on the boxing day sales. At least on things like lego etc.

Does anyone know why Argos/Sainsbury’s hasn’t had Minifigures Series 22 and whether they’ll be getting them? I’ve got loads of Nectar points to spend on them.

17 hours ago, AmperZand said:

Does anyone know why Argos/Sainsbury’s hasn’t had Minifigures Series 22 and whether they’ll be getting them? I’ve got loads of Nectar points to spend on them.

Yeah seems a bit odd. Have only seen S22 in Smyths, Tesco and a local independent toy shop near me. Definitely seeing less range and amount of CMFs out and about …

Argos have occasionally been playing catch up when CMFs come out, and I wonder if there’s something whereby ‘Tesco get them first’ happening? 

On 1/17/2022 at 12:20 AM, AmperZand said:

My local (large) Sainsbury's has almost no Lego sets left - I think they'll be heavily reducing the amount of stuff the stock from now on :/

Personally I haven't seen S22 CMFs anywhere except from the Lego store.

On 1/17/2022 at 5:56 PM, williejm said:

Yeah seems a bit odd. Have only seen S22 in Smyths, Tesco and a local independent toy shop near me. Definitely seeing less range and amount of CMFs out and about …

Argos have occasionally been playing catch up when CMFs come out, and I wonder if there’s something whereby ‘Tesco get them first’ happening? 

I believe that in the past LEGO deliberately supplied some retailers earlier than others, possibly in exchange for particularly large orders. So it may well be that that is what is happening now and that Smyths, Tesco etc (as well as LEGO brand stores) are top of the list this time. I don't mind waiting for Argos/Sainsbury's to get them, but I'd like to know that they definitely will be getting them. Most frustrating :hmpf_bad: 

2 hours ago, zinnn said:

My local (large) Sainsbury's has almost no Lego sets left - I think they'll be heavily reducing the amount of stuff the stock from now on :/

Personally I haven't seen S22 CMFs anywhere except from the Lego store.

I reckon that Sainsbury's has been particularly badly hit by distribution problems. It has never been the best at stocking shelves (not just with LEGO, with anything) and that is particularly obvious now that supply chains generally are facing difficulties. Add to that the fact that Sainsbury's - as a mostly food/FMCG retailer - doesn't see toys as a priority and we're likely to see a paucity of LEGO there for some time. 

Edited by AmperZand

TBH I’ve never bought anything at Sainsburys anyway but I always liked to look through the stuff there;)

WHSmiths used to be early adopters of new CMF series, but that seems to either be hit & miss or no longer happening 

@williejm, My nearest WHS stopped selling CMFs altogether a few years ago because of shoplifting. According to the store’s managers, so many were being stolen it wasn’t worthwhile carrying them. That’s very annoying for honest buyers like me as I’m being inconvenienced because of someone else’s criminality. I can understand WHS’s decision though - it’s not the store’s fault. Unfortunately, the next nearest WHS that has CMFs is impractically far away.

10 hours ago, AmperZand said:

@williejm, My nearest WHS stopped selling CMFs altogether a few years ago because of shoplifting. According to the store’s managers, so many were being stolen it wasn’t worthwhile carrying them. That’s very annoying for honest buyers like me as I’m being inconvenienced because of someone else’s criminality. I can understand WHS’s decision though - it’s not the store’s fault. Unfortunately, the next nearest WHS that has CMFs is impractically far away.

Yeah recently have only seen them at the counter in WHS

Just sharing that Argos currently has a bunch of nice chonky discounts on some lego sets - including 1/3 off the Bonsai and Flower Bouquet, 25% off the current Batman Batcave, and 20% off the Ideas Winnie the Pooh

Presumably timed for the release of the new movie, Argos has big discounts (most at least 20%. Up to 1/3 off) on new and recent Jurassic World / Park sets 🦖🦕 

These are replicated (roughly) in Amazon U.K. prices and also in B&M stores, though they have less of the range.

Aaaand Smyths toy store. Discounts do vary a lot on some sets, so it pays to check them all ;)

Smallest marvel eternals set for less than half price. Yes or at least it was in Bexhill.