9 hours ago, Zilcho said:

are the bricktober minifig packs in the UK?

Yes, £15.

My local TRU has the R3 M3 polybags in for £4.99 each and the bricktober minifigure packs for £14.99. That includes the Batman one.

Hi

Today I noticed some Lego on sale in my local Dealz store (a discount store owned I think by Poundland) The had a few polybags (Ninjago Sky pirates, Nexo Knights and Friends ones) for £1.20 and last year's Creator Park Fountain set (40221) for £5. Might be worth checking out if you have a local Dealz or Poundland. I also found the Ideas Saturn V in my local Toymaster branch!!

Sorry if not the right place to ask, but I thought this thread most suitable! Does anyone know the availability and how to get a Calendar for 2018 with the offers/vouchers on for 2018?

On 13/12/2017 at 12:40 PM, tgrbailey said:

Sorry if not the right place to ask, but I thought this thread most suitable! Does anyone know the availability and how to get a Calendar for 2018 with the offers/vouchers on for 2018?

They are free with purchases at a Lego store, are they not?

1 hour ago, Boulderer said:

They are free with purchases at a Lego store, are they not?

Yes thanks - I got one from Cardiff before Christmas 

Just picked up my Lego, Lego Star Wars and Lego Ninjago annuals from Tesco for £1.50 each and TLBM Annual from Poundland. Better than the £.7.99 cover prices.

On 28/12/2017 at 4:27 PM, wickedlemon said:

Just picked up my Lego, Lego Star Wars and Lego Ninjago annuals from Tesco for £1.50 each and TLBM Annual from Poundland. Better than the £.7.99 cover prices.

Now £1 for Ninjago and SW on amazon.

Has anyone got any good closing down deals from Toys R Us? I went to my local Cambridge branch the other day but literally most of the shop was empty and there was no Lego at all

14 hours ago, Godtshep said:

Has anyone got any good closing down deals from Toys R Us? I went to my local Cambridge branch the other day but literally most of the shop was empty and there was no Lego at all

No - it seems like if it was one of the stores that they announced was closing last year then all the Lego was shipped elsewhere before any sale started. If it’s one of the others, discounts are no better than 10% at the moment. 

On 10/03/2018 at 9:07 AM, PeteM said:

No - it seems like if it was one of the stores that they announced was closing last year then all the Lego was shipped elsewhere before any sale started. If it’s one of the others, discounts are no better than 10% at the moment. 

When a retailer calls in the receivers, there are various arrangements with creditors. But what often happens in the UK is that the retailer continues to trade at full or nearly full price with branches closing as the terms of their leases dictate or as negotiated with the lessor. When the last few branches remain - often the largest - and are a few days away from closing, any remaining stock is heavily discounted. Depending on the type of good, this can be 50% or more.

So if you're near a big branch that is still open, keep an eye on it. It may suddenly have very good deals. Also, please let us know about it here!    

Updated 14 March 2018: According to this BBC News report, all UK TRUs will be closing within 6 weeks.

Edited by AmperZand
Reason for edit: Updated news.

Lego is now 15% off at TRU I’m Liverpool. Just picked up the latest Cantina for around £38 which makes it more acceptable. There’s much Less Lego in he shelves than there has been so stock is dropping. If you’re brave you could wait to see if it drops by a larger amount.

70912 Arkham Asylum is £100 from £140 (manager's special) in TRU Aberdeen, Union Sq. Probably because they have a whole rack of them.

23 minutes ago, Renegade Clone said:

70912 Arkham Asylum is £100 from £140 (manager's special) in TRU Aberdeen, Union Sq. Probably because they have a whole rack of them.

I get the feeling they made quite a lot of every LBM set. There'll be lots of those around for a while.

Not at bargain prices, just the now regular £2.99, but WHS has broken the street date on CMF Series 18. I got some yesterday. According to the staff, they were out on the shelves on Monday. 

Just been to Smyths Toys. They have a lot of 20% off, but if you have a TRU gold card and surrender that, they will take a further 20% off!

Just got a 75179 for £45 and a 42078 Mack for £89. Bargain.

Debenhams just started a promotion today "Spend and Save": £10 off a transaction of £50 // £25 off a transaction of £100

I just picked up Thanos Ultimate Battle and the new Hulkbuster for £75 total.

Hamleys is offering 20% off LEGO 4 - 7 May. The 20% off excludes the London Bus and Royal Guard minifigure.

There's also a 'free' helicopter with purchases of £40+.

I'm guessing that Hamleys' prices are not very competitive and you can probably do better elsewhere, especially online. But if you happen to be nearby - e.g. visiting the LEGO store on Leicester Square - it might be worth it. 

22 hours ago, AmperZand said:

Hamleys is offering 20% off LEGO 4 - 7 May. The 20% off excludes the London Bus and Royal Guard minifigure.

There's also a 'free' helicopter with purchases of £40+.

I'm guessing that Hamleys' prices are not very competitive and you can probably do better elsewhere, especially online. But if you happen to be nearby - e.g. visiting the LEGO store on Leicester Square - it might be worth it. 

That should bring Hamley's prices down to round about retail everywhere else then. :)

Symths has some good discounts at the moment, for example the ucs snowspeeder is down to £135.99 (though that might just be in store) and the Wakandan wall is now £27.99 which makes it cheaper than the hulkbuster.

Not so much a sale as a find, I got Party Banana Juice Bar (5005250) at Sainsbury's today for £4.

Glad I nabbed this one as I wasn't able to get it when it was a promotional item at LEGO stores earlier this summer.

Seems particularly appropriate to get a minifigure on the official birthday of the minifigure! :excited:

Edited by AmperZand
Fixed URL

My WHsmiths were doing an offer on the both Batman CMF series, buy one get one free, sadly the deal didn't apply to the HP/FB minifigures as wallet later found out :tongue:

Edited by Tariq j