Hello UK!

I will be spending NYE in London this year and I was just wondering where is a good place to look for LEGO discounts after Boxing Day?

Just give me the store names that usually have discounts around Oxford St or somewhere not too far from that area.

PS Actually, I'm just looking for Lone Ranger

Stagecoach Escape. Any idea where I might find it on discount?

Edited by Flea

John Lewis often has sets at half price just before and after Christmas. Argos usually wait until the end of January for their sales.

Sainsburys has some sets reduced just now, picked up 60006 Police ATV & 60000 Fire Motorcycle for £3.74 each

The Entertainer & Toys-R-Us both have some of the 2014 sets out already (Mainly Friends & a few of the City stuff) Picked up 41028 Emma's Lifeguard Post & 60042 High Speed Police Chase from The Entertainer.

I just got Shredder's cycle and Fishface escape at Debenhams for half price. They were the only turtles sets there, but maybe other Debenhams in the country will have more TMNT sets at half price.

On a side note, is everyone else finding that the only sets in sales are Legends of Chima and the Galazy squad (or whatever it's called) sets from last year. They must have over-produced or not sold as well as last year. Lots of vehicles that no one wanted.

Yeah I've seen that too. I'm absolutely desperate to get the Lion Temple now, so I'm searching for it every day. It doesn't appear to be one of the typical ones reduced though, so best I've seen is £80.

The Galaxy Squad line is being discontinued, hence the big price drop.

The Cardiff Lego store had that whole range on sale the day after Boxing Day, I picked up 70709 for £55 (it was originally £80).

They had lots of good deals on Ninjago and Lone Ranger sets too, and had new stock on the shelves including the new superhero, Lego Movie and Star Wars kits.

They also have the new Lego Movie minifigure range in too.

Those new Star Wars microfighters are sooo cute.

The Galaxy Squad line is being discontinued, hence the big price drop.

The Cardiff Lego store had that whole range on sale the day after Boxing Day, I picked up 70709 for £55 (it was originally £80).

They had lots of good deals on Ninjago and Lone Ranger sets too, and had new stock on the shelves including the new superhero, Lego Movie and Star Wars kits.

They also have the new Lego Movie minifigure range in too.

Those new Star Wars microfighters are sooo cute.

Cool, was there more on sale there than the items on the website? Only I'll be down in the Cardiff Lego store on Thursday. Thanks :wink:

Edited by Sir Brickalot

Cool, was there more on sale there than the items on the website? Only I'll be down in the Cardiff Lego store on Thursday. Thanks :wink:

I doubt there'll be much left, the store was crazy busy when I was there, I had to phone in advance for them to hold the 70709 behind the counter for me.

Everyone was going bonkers with their Christmas money and most of the boxes on the sale table had gone, although I suspect some of the new releases will still be in stock.

Just went to my local Asda living store and they had the Lone Ranger cavalry builder set for £6 and Riddles for the Ring at £6 as well. Riddles for the ring had sold out, but I got two of the LR sets as 4 minifigures and a horse is well worth £6.

Attack of the Wargs is £24.99 at Smyths.

I tried to buy online but it said no, however it allowed me to check local stock, and there were some left in Liverpool, Speke.

Might be worth a look for some

http://www.smythstoy...-125225itm.aspx

I'm off to Reading tomorrow and it's in stock there apparently, so may have to pop in.

The only real cheap stuff in smyths were some planets for £2.99 - All Bespin though, and thats not one I'd buy lots of, even for £2.99

Still, quite happy with the Wargs set, half wish I'd bought two :sweet:

Liverpool Lego shop had the series 4 planets on sale at £8.39 each today

They didnt have 75009 (hoth) left though, just 75011 (alderaan) and 75010 (endor)

Definitely going to be hard to find these in coming months / years

I went to MK LEGO store on Saturday and they had all the Super Hero stuff. (Near as I can tell they had all 2014 except Princesses)

My wife was in Asda today and picked up some of the blue suitcase junior sets for half price, will make very good birthday presents for my daughters friends.

D

Toys R Us website are listing some Star Wars sets at a pretty good price - and not even marked as special offers. I don't normally look at TRU so maybe this is old news...

66449 3 in 1 value pack for £49.99 (includes 75014 Battle of Hoth currently £34.99, 75003 A-Wing & 75000)

The horrible 7879 Hoth Echo Base for £59.99

and for those who missed them...

LSW 2013 Advent Calendar available for £17.99 at some stores

and the recently retired 10227 UCS B-Wing at some stores (didn't even know TRU sold UCS sets).

Liverpool John Lewis had the Attack of the Wargs for £24.99 and had a few in but they seem to have gone now. It's now £34.99 in Smyths Speke and they had a few.

Rancor Pit is £46 in John Lewis and Jabbas Sail Barge is £74.99.

If anyone in the UK missed out on the lego games BATMAN 50003 and LOTR 50011, someone on ebay and amazon has them at under retail - in large numbers too. £20 instead of £80 or whatever they are going for on BL. They also have their own website netpricedirect.co.uk

They are the company that was behind the recent lego deals on groupon, so have history of getting large stocks of sets that have apparently disappeared from everywhere else.

My local sainsburys (woolton, Liverpool) had set 75000 for 5.99 this week, I bought 4, there were plenty left though on Thursday

They had lots of 75001 too but not reduced, but I suspect if they are clearing shelf space for the new sets then they might come down for a flash sale soon

I've never checked Sainsbury's for Lego... I normally find the Tesco on Park Road or Mather Avenue pretty good.

All the 2014 sets that were in the Lego Store Liverpool are now in John Lewis Liverpool One but are all normal price.