For some unknown reason, Asda has reduced the price of the following 3 Harry Potter sets by some rather large amounts

3862 Harry Potter Hogwarts Game ... RRP £24.99 ... Asda Sale Price £2.75 ... that's an 89% discount!

4736 Freeing Dobby ... RRP £10.49 ... Asda Sale Price £1.88 ... that's an 82% discount!

4737 Quidditch Match ... RRP £20.99 ... Asda Sale Price £5.99 ... that's a 71% discount!

These prices are instore only and whilst stocks last. Get down there quick if you want to get any of these.

For some unknown reason, Asda has reduced the price of the following 3 Harry Potter sets by some rather large amounts

3862 Harry Potter Hogwarts Game ... RRP £24.99 ... Asda Sale Price £2.75 ... that's an 89% discount!

4736 Freeing Dobby ... RRP £10.49 ... Asda Sale Price £1.88 ... that's an 82% discount!

4737 Quidditch Match ... RRP £20.99 ... Asda Sale Price £5.99 ... that's a 71% discount!

These prices are instore only and whilst stocks last. Get down there quick if you want to get any of these.

They have also reduced the Cars sets

8484 Ultimate Building Lightning McQueen ... RRP £25.99 ... Asda Sale Price £12.48 ... that's an 52% discount!

5917 Agent Mater ... RRP £13.49 ... Asda Sale Price £4.99 ... that's an 64% discount!

8426 Escape at Sea ... RRP £18.99 ... Asda Sale Price £7.49 ... that's an 61% discount!

8200 Radiator Springs Lightning McQueen ... RRP £4.99 ... Asda Sale Price £4.00 ... that's an 20% discount!

8201 Radiator Springs Classic Mater ... RRP £4.99 ... Asda Sale Price £4.00 ... that's an 20% discount!

D

Both my huge local Asda stores had shelves full of these at the regular price, I asked why some stores had them with such large discounts and was told they had no idea! Its very annoying when the same stores do not run the same sales :angry:

Both my huge local Asda stores had shelves full of these at the regular price, I asked why some stores had them with such large discounts and was told they had no idea! Its very annoying when the same stores do not run the same sales :angry:

Likewise, I was furious when I found at least 30 4736 sets for £9 a go.

I've been heading backwards and forwards to my local Asda over the past few days and they still have the HP sets above marked at nearly full price. Am tempted to take one to a till to see if it scans through at the cheaper price, but don't want to pay full price for them.

It's called Clearance. Some stores are programmed to have new stock in, so they clear out the older stock to make more room for new stock. I picked up a V-Wing for £9.99 on the weekend, I went to the store in the week and all the New Ninja Go and Alien Conquest was on the shelves.

Your store may not be gettig new stock yet, or may not need to clear their LEGO stock.

Just tried to use the code to buy the new pod racers and it failed, Said invalid code

ok I am sure I am not going mad, the post above advised of a woolsworth code for 20% discount. now I cannot even see the post

I'm not mad I promise *huh*

Edited by amity498

Just tried to use the code to buy the new pod racers and it failed, Said invalid code

ok I am sure I am not going mad, the post above advised of a woolsworth code for 20% discount. now I cannot even see the post

I'm not mad I promise *huh*

The Woolworths 20% discount code has expired ... it was a weekend only deal at the end of July.

Amazon's funny like that. I still wish I'd pulled the trigger on the £44 Mill Village Raid but that offer was on over a couple of days where I'd already bought about 6 new sets and couldn't justify it. Until the price went back up, and then I kicked myself :angry:

Amazon's prices auto-adjust to be competitive with the lowest marketplace seller. That's why you'll sometimes see sets that cost more than RRP.

You can get some great deals on there if you check fairly often but the low prices don't usually last for long.

Amazon.co.uk currently have the 2505 Garmadon's Dark Fortress Ninjago set 36% off for £31.95 instead of the RRP of £49.99 with free super saver delivery. Link :classic:

~buddy~

Thanks, I picked he midi Star Destroyer yesterday after reading this. Boring build, but great set for bricks. Loads of useful greebling bits.

Boring?! I picked one up today (found it independently of this thread though, only here to report it if no-one else had :p) and it was the most fun I've had building something in ages. A few neat little tricks and lots of fun to watch it take shape.

Also on the shelves in Tesco was the Fire Lord for £15 and the Atlantis angler fish set for £7 (I think!)

My local asda as the luke speader sets on clearance on £10.00 and a new PotC set for half price down from £30 to £15

EDIT: I am pretty sure this was the set

Edited by RejectedShrimp

Play.com is having a bank holiday sale. In terms of LEGO, it's not something go crazy over, but you can get 4193 London Escape for only £35, which is pretty good.

LINK

EDIT: On Amazon, 7985 City of Atlantis has been reduced yet again, this time to match Argos' price of £27.99.

Of course, you get free delivery with Amazon, so their offer is far greater.

*sigh* Unfortunately for me, I have no money to take advantage of this offer and, knowing Amazon, this offer will probably be gone tomorrow. :sad:

Bluebeard, out-

Edited by Capt. Bluebeard

Amazon UK have the new star wars sets on discount at the moment.

The best deals are for the Ewok Atack set and the Sith Nightspeeder. Both are 32% off at £17.80! :sweet:

Tescos have the midi star destroyer 8099 reduced to £15 in store. They had at least a dozen left in the Hereford branch :)

Amazon.co.uk have some sales on at the moment:

3179 Repair Truck £5.99 (40% off):

Repair Truck Deal

3182 Airport £52.39 (36% off):

Airport Deal

4645 Harbour £51.05 (29% off):

Harbour Deal

4644 Marina £28.99 (31% off):

Marina Deal

5770 Lighthouse Island £28.39 (31% off):

Lighthouse Island Deal

5771 Hillside House £36.14 (28% off):

Hillside House Deal

And finally the legendary 6754 Family Home is available for £54.99 with free shipping, not really a deal but a good price for a d/c set.

Family Home

Edited by HighFlyer

LEGO UK have adjusted the price on 10212 - Star Wars Imperial Shuttle UCS:

Product link

The new price is: £183-99 (plus free shipping for all orders over £50 between the 1st and 30th of September). That's ~25% off, and you can always use VIP points to bring it down even more, plus you'll get VIP points on the purchase too!

Edited by Dorothy Vader

LEGO UK have adjusted the price on 10212 - Star Wars Imperial Shuttle UCS:

Product link

The new price is: £183-99 (plus free shipping for all orders over £50 between the 1st and 30th of September). That's ~25% off, and you can always use VIP points to bring it down even more, plus you'll get VIP points on the purchase too!

Odd the price has gone back up to £245

Odd the price has gone back up to £245

Weird!?! Will let you know if it goes back down, and if LEGO will honour my order at £183-99.

Edited by Dorothy Vader