Sign in to follow this  
Lasse D

MOC: Toyota iQ

indexed.gif V-LV-21D

Being released across Europe these days, I give you the first real competitor to the Smart ForTwo. Seating 3 (and a child), while only adding a foot to the length is one of the strengths of the real car. This minifig model only seats one...

iq_left.jpg

iq2.jpg

Here is how it compares to the real car:

iq_collage.jpg

Quite close to the original :thumbup:

Nevertheless, if I were you I would change the "nose" (it's a bit too boxy), I would do it a bit larger and I would add car doors.

For the rest is great! :wink:

Great work!

I love your creation, it look's really like the original one.

Maybe you could rebuild it a bit biggger, for an better minifigure size?

But I must really say...it's awesome :thumbup:

Greetings 'Bricks'

^^ Thanks. Building bigger is always an easy solution to accurate details, but the point of these vehicles is to be as small as possible. In order to have space for real seating, it would have to be at least 7 stud wide, which is grossly over sized for a micro car in Tabletop Town.

There isn't really space for doors with the wheel covers and windscreen this close to each other. As for the nose, the lights have to connect to something, and the panel gives the smallest bonnet height, while still allowing for an air intake and emblem.

I have tried a lot of different ideas, but if you should stumble upon something, then please show :sweet:

A charming and very sweet little car, and a clever work. :thumbup:

Great car. It's little size is fun. Your design actually looks a little more sporty than the original car, I am thinking due to the fat tires. Have you tried some of the old-school tires from the older sets that are tiny tiny? All of these micro cars seem to have extremely small tire diameters.

Very good, Close to the real thing.