Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Bejaune

Coming over the Horizon soon!

Two very nice things in one picture:

1- The ship of course! I see progress in the rigging, but if I look at your title, it's not going too well. :pir_laugh2:

I still can't wait till this beauty is finished. I have some issues with the rigging on my ship too... :pir-look:

2- Just what Mr. Spielbrick said: You have a very nice painting at the wall. :pir-grin:

Yea at first the rigging thing was tedious and there was many re-dos, but I believe now I have gotten the hang of it and Its coming along nicely.

Wow, looks like an amazing ship under construction. You'll take pictures of every detail once it's finished, right?

Yes. I will use a very nice and professional camera and take many detailed shots of the rigging, decks, and entire ship. Oh and yes the poster on the wall is very easy to look at.

Looks really nice! You seem to have gotten everything right, the color, the shape of the stern, the rigging... can't wait to see your ship in action!

Dear HMS243,

the ship looks stunning thus far!

The fun of the original guns is they can fire!

But I agree, that custom made guns look better as you can change the size for each deck.

Keep up the excellent work. :thumbup:

Kind regards,

Teddy

The rigging is nearly complete. She will be ready for action soon.

I'm about to start rigging my ship, so I'm hoping you'll post some good pics and close-ups. That would help me a lot :pir-sweet:

Oh and it seems that some people are questioning how sturdy my friends and my mocs are so here is some proof.

holding.jpg

And here she is awaiting her sails and slightly more rigging to be added (It was in the way of adding the sails, but will be re-added when the sails are on the yardarms)

table.jpg

Edited by HMS243

Those doubts are over now I'd say. Although I wasn't one of them to question your building skills, you are one of the greatest shipbuilders of this forum, right next to CGH, RTN, Cerberus, Bonaparte, Phred,...so many more great shipbuilders linger around here to call all their names down here :pir-sweet: .

Good job on the strenght of your ship. Btw nice posters :pir_laugh2: .

That baby looks great! :pir-wub:

I like the idea of lifting your ship. :pir-classic:

I think CGH might have started a trend.

Kind regards,

Teddy

When the ship is finished... that's frontpage, no questions about it... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I hope you take the pictures with a clean white background... so nobody have to edit it with a background of some tropical paradise... this ship must stand on his own... no diversion !!! IMO

You have one nice looking ship there, Good job :thumbup: I already commented once on this ship but I just couldn't help myself to comment again :pir-blush:

Edited by Broadside

Thanks everyone for their kind words. I will give the specs on this ship. She is a 64 gun ship of the line under french colors, and has seven prefab center sections (not counting the bow and stern hull pieces). And the tumble home effect is a guarded secret, but if you do a little research you will be able to figure out how to do it.

Cheers

-T

I really like this beauty HMS.

One of my favorite details would have to be the crew's toilets and of course that beautiful stern.

Are you using other models besides CGH's ship as a guideline?

Anyway, I 'm really looking forward to seeing this ship fully rigged and under sail.

Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Errorist

Edited by Errorist

A blurry photo has been leaked..... Finished and awaiting sails....

She looks excellent Admiral! I look foward eagerly to seeing her with sails. Well done! :pir-classic: