Moose

Return of the Spaniards

You must choose  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see more Imperial Armada sets?

• Yes, definitely!
    • Not phased, but I WOULD buy them
    • No, not ever!

I share most of the opinions here. I'd be very excited for a spainish line. I'd really like to see them in a year or two after we've had a another round of soldier sets.

After thinking, seeing the conquistador helmet in the new graveyard set may mean something, as we saw in the jungle duel cutlasses and then pirates returned.

So is the Indy sets just here to advertise new coming themes? :pir_wacko:

So is the Indy sets just here to advertise new coming themes? :pir_wacko:

Just something I noticed! :pir_laugh2:

it may be cool...but i prefer other things like new soldiers with blue coats, or a new Ironhook minifig(Brikbeard is an improved version of old Redbeard/Roger, and an improved version of Ironhook would be great)

Let the Black Sheep say his peace...

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!\

What the heck are you guys talking about?! I want blue coats! I want about 40 unique sets of blue coats before I would even come close to considering buy another one of those CRAPPY armada sets.

ARE YOU GUYS NUTS?

Their ships were CRAP.

Their bases and forts were CRAP.

The only redeeming feature was the mini-figs, but they were not better than blue coats or even red coats. And most of mine got mixed into my red coats as "boat masters" anyway.

If Spanish sets came back before blue coats, I would not give LEGO another cent of my money. I have already bought one of each set, and I buy a cannon battle and soldier's arsenal every week. Not to mention my orders from pick-a-brick.

Lets stop with this STUPID spanish talk, and get my gosh darn blue coats back. :pir-hmpf_bad:

i agree about i prefer blue coats more to spaniards...i agree to about the crappy stets...even i think you have ben generous saying "Their bases and forts were CRAP"...they hadn't bases or forts...they had only a small tower...

But TLC could release new good spaniards ships or bases, better than the olders...

In any case....WE WANT BLUE COATS!!!!!MORE THAN SPANIARDS!!!!!

Steve, I wonder I think you play both sides.... :pir_laugh2:

It is true....

I use the soldiers more as opposing army's. Now my red coat army outnumbers my blue coats.

I have always preferred the blue coats (good guys) since they were in my first lego pirate sets as a kid.

I am guessing TLG wants to use the new soldiers a while longer before the Armada returns. I would like to see more Armada though eventually. I think they will give us another few releases with Soldiers for now.

This is pretty much my opinion as well. I doubt we'll see Spanish sets at least until the third year of the lego Pirates revival, but if they do come out with them, I'll buy them for sure. :thumbup:

In any case....WE WANT BLUE COATS!!!!!MORE THAN SPANIARDS!!!!!

I sure don't. I'd much rather have Islanders, Spanish, and Chinese than a blue version of the redcoats we already have. Sure, I wouldn't mind having them four or five years down the road if it'll keep the Pirates theme alive, but I sure don't want them before all the other interesting things TLC could do. :thumbdown:

Let the Black Sheep say his peace...

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!\

What the heck are you guys talking about?! I want blue coats! I want about 40 unique sets of blue coats before I would even come close to considering buy another one of those CRAPPY armada sets.

ARE YOU GUYS NUTS?

Their ships were CRAP.

Their bases and forts were CRAP.

The only redeeming feature was the mini-figs, but they were not better than blue coats or even red coats. And most of mine got mixed into my red coats as "boat masters" anyway.

If Spanish sets came back before blue coats, I would not give LEGO another cent of my money. I have already bought one of each set, and I buy a cannon battle and soldier's arsenal every week. Not to mention my orders from pick-a-brick.

Lets stop with this STUPID spanish talk, and get my gosh darn blue coats back.

Shiver me timbers! Isn't this a little bit extreme? First of all, all of this talk about not giving lego another cent of your money is plain silly - why would any lego fan give up their favorite hobby just because they aren't getting their favorite subtheme before another? Secondly, the Imperial Armada kits may have been bad, but that was because they were made during the years when TLC was going into their dark ages. Since they're out of the dark ages now, what in Brickbeards name is stopping TLC from writing the wrongs of the past by making new, vastly improved Spanish sets?

Seriously, I knew Pirate fans were passionate, but this is just pure overreaction. :pir_wacko:

Shiver me timbers! Isn't this a little bit extreme? First of all, all of this talk about not giving lego another cent of your money is plain silly - why would any lego fan give up their favorite hobby just because they aren't getting their favorite subtheme before another? Secondly, the Imperial Armada kits may have been bad, but that was because they were made during the years when TLC was going into their dark ages. Since they're out of the dark ages now, what in Brickbeards name is stopping TLC from writing the wrongs of the past by making new, vastly improved Spanish sets?

Seriously, I knew Pirate fans were passionate, but this is just pure overreaction. :pir_wacko:

Dude.... I'm the black sheep. Maybe you haven't been around long enough? :pir_laugh2:

Dude.... I'm the black sheep. Maybe you haven't been around long enough? :pir_laugh2:

Nope - I just don't visit the Pirates subforum very often. :pir-tongue:

I liked the Armada sets a little, but I agree with martinsuper, the sets were kind of crappy. The only good thing was that the colors were

rather useful as were the minifigs.

You know, they were never actually called Spaniards in the sets, they were always called the Imperial Armada.

With that being said, BRING BACK THE IMPERIAL ARMADA!

Edited by Sir Dano

The Spaniards were traditionally traders and merchants more than anything else, and I DESPERATELY need some merchants to blow outta the water! :pir-devil:

While I like the idea of variety, I would much prefer more actual pirate ships, ports, and scenario islands than a new imperial armada faction. I agree that Imperial ships should feature a blue version of the new (red) Imperial Soldiers.

i think they're testing us. if a whole bunch of ppl buy that crystal skull set JUST for that piece, they'll probably remake spaniards. if no one is that interested in the spaniards enough to buy that set, lego probably wont take a chance on re'releasing the series. this just kind of goes with the subject so i thought id discuss it: the ninjas. ninjas pieces arte returning also. the mask in cairo ambush and the gold sword in the jungle duel. is this another test? i think lego will make ninjas soon. i have a catalog from 1999 and its got alot of legos main products they produce now such as miners,castle,SW,NINJA,adventurers,UNDERWATER, space and ARTIC. lego has re-released almost all of these products so something tells me they'll b headed our way soon. i heard somewhere on eurobricks that ATLANTIK(underwater) sets were going to be coming in 2010 so maybe we will get ninjas and artic. just thought that was worth mentioning because this is my whole therie on future sets.

How would the LEGO Group know people were buying the Crystal Skull set just for one piece? They'd need to conduct a survey or have their Ambassadors watch forum discussions really closely, but that doesn't seem pratical.

Either way, it's not realistic for people to buy a large set JUST for one piece when they could order it from BrickLink.

Of course I want the Armada back! They never really properly introduced this line to begin with.

How badly do we want more Imperial Armada sets?

We want them badly. Who would object? The Imperial armada sets are classics, no one should dislike the classics :pir_laugh2: ~LW 8~

Edited by Lego_Warlord_8