Sign in to follow this  
SlyOwl

FRS Shakespeare

Wow, great pirate MOC! I really like how you incorporated in you picture. The rocks you have connected to the ship are nicely done.

LegoKing

Edited by LegoKing

I like it, you've added a lot of awesome techniques in it. This ship isn't really my style but I really like the way you've build it. The photo-editing is great as well.

The 'caged' center is my favorite part. :pir-blush:

Another great MOC from a great MOC expert!

I love it! The rock hull parts and cabin are magnificient! The lightning you edited in is wonderful and so are the flying sharks.

Frontpage news indeed, Mr. Phes :thumbup: .

Why is it no one still hasnt been mixing new and old imperials. :pir-sceptic:

Not everyone has acquired the new Imperials yet and in some parts of the world they haven't even be released yet.

Not everyone has acquired the new Imperials yet and in some parts of the world they haven't even be released yet.

Yes i read that all the time. But what about the people who live in the countrys that have them released

THIS IS IMPRESSIVE , I must say SlyOwl you out did yourself , I really like the stone hull

:thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by Broadside

Brilliant! The upside-down hull on the bow is very well done.

Have you seen Stardust recently, on an unrelated note?

Fantastic Sly. Very well done. I love all the cool ideas that went into this, and I'll have to look into it even closer to get the full effect. Simply outstanding, one of my favorite works of yours.

Yes i read that all the time. But what about the people who live in the countrys that have them released

I don't think they look good mixed.. even if you put updated faces on them the quality in the new uniforms outshines the old ones. I didn't have that many original pirates/soldiers sets, so I'm content to mostly retire them anyway, except for a couple displays that've been left together for around 15-20 years.

soldiers.jpg

admiral.jpg

Oh my gosh! :pir-oh3: That Imperial soldier also has black buttons! I found out that they had that in

This forum! it is so common! :pir_wacko:

That's the only one I have with black buttons. :pir-cry_sad: I think it's pretty rare. It's gotta have something to do with the dates the torsos were printed or something, but I doubt there's any way we can find out for sure

I saw this MOC yesterday, and I was just blown away with it! So many great details (the shark, yay!) and building techniques, and the photoshopped lightning is convincing, at least.

What I miss about this would be more passengers, but then again, I always cram my creations with too many minifigs. :blush:

I'm also not sure what the soldiers are firing the cannon for... Is there an enemy ship out of sight, or are they just trying to make the clouds shoot them with more lightning bolts? :tongue:

Fantastic work!

I saw this MOC back in October but at the time was not a member, has any one checked the blue coats?

Shocking use of Photoshop.

I have to know why the shark in the first photo farting lightning?

Haha, rofl :pir-laugh: . He let one go in the 2nd pic as well.

Great moc, and amazing photoshop skills.

A nice combination of The Edge Chronicles and Stardust. Love the detail and the construction of the rock. (saw this on Brothers Brick first).

Why is it no one still hasnt been mixing new and old imperials. :pir-sceptic:

'Cos I don't have any! :pir-tongue: I'm not a big fan of the new Imperials (except the Governor), as I don't really like the torso design that much.

Have you seen Stardust recently, on an unrelated note?
A nice combination of The Edge Chronicles and Stardust. Love the detail and the construction of the rock. (saw this on Brothers Brick first).

Yup (although I saw Stardust back in June - my one and only time), the lightning catching aspect was stolen straight out of Stardust. As for the Edge Chronicles, I haven't actually read them, and have only seen a few pictures in a friend's book. The floating rock aspect was more of a generic genre, as opposed to a specific one. However, I didn't want to merely have the rock as a floatation device (like in a cage in the middle of the ship), or as the hull/base (like the city), but to incorporate it in a new and practical way.

Shocking use of Photoshop.

I have to know why the shark in the first photo farting lightning?

They're supposed to be lightning-powered sharks, but either way is cool! :pir-laugh: I couldn't fit the sparks onto them anywhere else, and I lack the new sharks.

What I miss about this would be more passengers, but then again, I always cram my creations with too many minifigs. :blush:

I'm also not sure what the soldiers are firing the cannon for... Is there an enemy ship out of sight, or are they just trying to make the clouds shoot them with more lightning bolts? :tongue:

Passengers... this is my whole collection of Recoats! :pir-angry:

:pir-grin:

I've got more Bluecoats, but I used them in my last pirate MOC, so I wanted some variety, although I don't like them as much.

They're firing the cannon at those pesky lightning-sharks. They built the cage to protect against them, but the poop deck is open to their ravages! :pir-oh3:

I saw this MOC back in October but at the time was not a member, has any one checked the blue coats?

:pir-look: I built this in January! Was this in the right topic?

pirate_look.gif I built this in January! Was this in the right topic?

I meant the link to the topic provided by Gen. Armendariz