Sign in to follow this  
Sting

Holiday Village...

(Sorry if this has been discussed before!!)

If you go to Lugnet and look up set #6500, you will find a VERY cool set called 'Holiday Village". It reminds me alot of the 80's town sets in the way that it has a few road road plates and several little cool buildings. And a decent amount of figs! (Not to mention its very unique!)

I would have loved to see this set in stores.

But I want to know if anyone knows if it ever did get released, and it wasn't, why?

I think this is a pretty good town set... its a shame it may not have ever been released.

It definitely looks older, I have no idea as to whether it was released or not, but I definitely wouldn't want it. The buildings are too few and far-between, and even for older sets the lack of detail is astounding. As for the number of figs, I bet it's over-priced.

It was from 1996, and that was the last year lego did quality stuff, so I would trust it.

The sets are spaced because it is a little holiday village, not everything is all tightly packed... i love the little pizzeria/restaurant thing!

I was in the UK in 96 and needless to say never saw this... or I would be sifting parts from them to this day :-D

God Bless,

Nathan