1 member has voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Hey, its matanui911 again here with my second review. This time I will be reviewing Chirox from the Phantaka series. I also got this one for christmas from my friend, and it is a great set. In the story Chirox is a scientist, and he barely appears in any of the comics (books I don't know about). So this is the time that I will give Chirox, the overlooked character, the spotlight! Here he is!

Set name: Chirox

Number: 8693

Pieces: 49

Price: $12.99 USD, 8.99 GBP, and 12.99 EUR

Team: Makuta

Series: Phantoka

Picture of Box for Reference

3191753651_556c772244_o.jpg

New Pieces for 2008

3191771583_54f70abd86.jpg

From left to right top first,

The first piece is the new torso for all winter series Makuta

The piece next to the mask is Chirox's unique weapon.

Next is the Shadow Leeches and the Tridax pod. The Tridax pod will go inside the Makuta's chest, and when dropped the shadow leeches will drop out of it.

The next piece is a wing used in the Phantoka and Mistika series

Starting on the bottom,

The first piece is a Makuta's ribcage used to hold a Tridax pod.

The piece next to that is the mask which I will talk about later.

The piece next to it is not a Piraka foot, but rather a new foot introduced for the Phantoka series. It only has two toes rather than three.

In Build Pictures

3191775133_2db2da911f.jpg

3191773551_9918004de3.jpg

Torso

3192610054_9e016843ca.jpg

This torso is new for 2008, and is used on all winter series Makuta. To make it look more full they add a Metru chest piece right above to where the legs connect. You cant see it on this picture, but most of the time, the piece where the head attaches is crooked. That piece will move side to side freely, which is really annoying. Now to get to that cool tridax pod!

The Tridax pod is enclosed in a nice looking ribcage, and can be released by pressing the silver button on the Chirox's back. It will always crack open and release the shadow leeches if you do it over a hard surface, but unless you do it real high over a carpet, it will not break open over half the time. Once the tridax pod is released the torso looks kinda empty though...

Legs

img_2789.jpg

The legs look great in this set. The re-introduction of the Hordika legs makes Chirox look great. The plates on his upper leg look better than any other plate that you could of put on him. The only problem that I have with the legs is that the new feet are terribly unstable and unposable. Other than that, fantastic legs!

Arms

img_2788.jpg

The top picture is the inside of the arm ,and the bottom picture is of the outside. Some people don't like the fact that he has two elbows, but I think that makes him unique, and makes him look great. Another thing that I have heard is that people don't like that the wings are attached to the arms, so they are MOCing them. Personally I think that they look really great on the arms instead of on the back of the figure. The only rant that I have on the arms is that they don't use the normal hand piece. Rather, they use this piece, which I think looks a little abnormal...

img_2774.jpg

Weapon

3192625920_d664b49287.jpg

I like how this weapon looks. It is unique because it is held more like a gun. I can't explain it, but I just love Chirox's weapon...

Mask

3192629914_2acc4ffb19.jpg

These Makuta masks are unlike any that we have seen before. They are so different, and sinister looking that it almost starts to actually make the bad guys look scary! The two teeth looking thinks coming out of his jaw kinda remind mr of a vampire, which fits into the theme, because they are supposed to resemble bats. The mask extends far back.

Finished Product

3192606064_f36baaef41.jpg

3192603332_b3e604f7e4.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parts: 9/10 (The feet were meh but all other parts were a big thumbs up!)

Price per part: 9/10 (Its a Bionicle people...)

Playability: 9/10 (Tridax pod is great!)

Color: 8/10 (Its black......, and silver.... They could have thought into it a little more)

Overall: 87.5%

Not a bad rating. Overall this is a great figure. The tridax pod is a great addition, which is unique to most of the previous series' "guns". The re-introduction of the Hordika legs give him a great look, and his double elbowed arms give him the uniqueness that he needed. His sinister mask and his new wings all add to the batty look of this character. Apart from the weird looking hands, and unposable feet, this is a great character! see you guys next review!!!

Brickshelf, Peeron, Lego S@H

To me he looks much better with his upper arms folded, as on the canister.

Makes him looks regal and powerful instead of scrawny and weak.

~Bunda

Yeah, I´ve to agree with Bundalings a bit, somehow and sometimes a set looks better on the box art than in real... maybe

the color scheme´s just too flashy too. However, thanks for that nice review, matanui911. :thumbup:

To me he looks much better with his upper arms folded, as on the canister.

Makes him looks regal and powerful instead of scrawny and weak.

~Bunda

Personally I don't because it makes his arms look short, and it takes away some nice articulation because the head is in the way.....