Sign in to follow this  
Hayato

Is there anymore Pirates to be released this year?

Ive been searching the forums and cant find whether or not there will be a second wave of pirates for this year as i am undecided whether to buy pirates or power miners the newer wave of power miners is twisting my arm at the min :pir-skull:

With no Imperial ship in the first wave and the importance of Pirates in the grand scheme of LEGO corporate affairs, I think we can pretty much count on one. That said, I wouldn't wait around buying other things and hoping they'll be around for a long time, I'd pick up some while you know you can.

Power Miners? Sure, they're ok for a rehashed Rock Raiders, but I wouldn't pass up Pirates for them.

I would imagine so, with the old line being so popular. I spoke to the LEGO® Australia Marketing Assistant, and she said although it's not certain, there will probably be quite a line on the horizon.

I understand if you are also into other themes, but my main focus is pirates, so I for one, am just saving to buy all the pirates when they come out in Australia.

I think that LEGO will release new sets every year or so, for a period of 5 years maybe. Just like in the 1990's

People are more than ready for Pirates again (some of us haven't even been un-ready :pir-classic: )

Edited by Lorentzen

yeh true i was wondering how the imperials got around did they all go around in row bots :pir-tongue: i hope they do release some more in summer coz i loved pirates from when i was little my first ever set was a pirate set 6270 back in 1989 so i think i will get them all and carry on my collection :pir_laugh2:

I know we have set names for other summer themes do we have any for pirates?

Rock Raiders are kind of lame.... YAY!!! there's these monsters that eat rocks!

Pirates and Soldiers are way more bad megablocks. Buy more pirates sets so they stick around for a few years. Other than a few non-pirates sets for parts, all I'm buying this year are Pirates sets.

I would imagine so, with the old line being so popular. I spoke to the LEGO® Australia Marketing Assistant, and she said although it's not certain, there will probably be quite a line on the horizon.

I understand if you are also into other themes, but my main focus is pirates, so I for one, am just saving to buy all the pirates when they come out in Australia.

Did you get any dates?

And not the romantic kind :pir-tongue:

Why are all the marketing assistants female... Lego has to employ me now... I know their secret, equal oppertunity and such.

If you did PM them to me I understand that we may not be able to release these things publicly.

Ive been searching the forums and cant find whether or not there will be a second wave of pirates for this year as i am undecided whether to buy pirates or power miners the newer wave of power miners is twisting my arm at the min :pir-skull:

You already asking for a second wave... we in Europe don't have the first wave yet... :pir-laugh:

But I hope that the second wave include the blue coats... :pir-wink:

I think TLC will do exactly the same as in the previous pirate's line, releasing more ships upcoming year. At least, I hope they do. :pir_laugh2:

With no Imperial ship in the first wave and the importance of Pirates in the grand scheme of LEGO corporate affairs, I think we can pretty much count on one.

I want a midsized ship really badly, so hopefully we'll get a redcoat ship this year. And then, like Castle introducing orcs in '08, we can have bluecoats or Islanders in '10.

Apparently there's going to be a Pirate Advent Calendar...

Yes, in Belgium it already appears in some online stores, although it can't be ordered yet.

It has been confirmed by many people that know as well.

So let us hope they'll also release it in the USA and Australia (and the rest of the world of course).

Yes, in Belgium it already appears in some online stores, although it can't be ordered yet.

It has been confirmed by many people that know as well.

So let us hope they'll also release it in the USA and Australia (and the rest of the world of course).

We can only hope :pir-sceptic:

And of course they'll release more pirate sets :imperialguard_commander1::pir_laugh2: It's one of the best and most favouratised lego themes ever!!! They'll be crazy not too :wink:

I don't have any information to confirm this, but I have a strong feeling the theme will continue. Midsized ship, maybe blue coats, and even islanders (as already stated here and other places) would be incredibly awesome!

I don't have any information to confirm this, but I have a strong feeling the theme will continue. Midsized ship, maybe blue coats, and even islanders (as already stated here and other places) would be incredibly awesome!

I don't feel the islanders are coming back... Just too in-popular. Now those blue-coats, well, they were the fastest sellers!

If the new Pirates theme takes off then Lego might release some new ones at the end of the year maybe.

I guess it all depends on Legos plans and how long it takes to get sets into production.