Skipper 24

Hispabrick Magazine Issue 003

All the good stuff begins on page 15 (page 16 including the cover).

It's quite an interesting overview of the SYSTEM Pirate theme and also interesting how some of the words were lost in translation. Nonetheless they've done a magnificent job to produce that article.

Although, the last page has me wondering why they've written "Sometimes we hear rumours of the possible return of the Pirates series [...]" - are they not aware of the 2009 Pirate sets?

Although, the last page has me wondering why they've written "Sometimes we hear rumours of the possible return of the Pirates series [...]" - are they not aware of the 2009 Pirate sets?

Hi!

I´m the author!

Thanks for your words!

I wrote the text on June, I´m sorry, the new pirates sets were not confirmed until late August.

Regards!

Wonderful magazine, the articles are specially accurated and it brings interesting element building techniques like trees or street elements!

Hi to all Lego lovers from Spain! Let TLC know we're legion! :pir-wink:

I wrote the text on June, I´m sorry, the new pirates sets were not confirmed until late August.

Well that explains everything! You'll be able to write about the 2009 Pirate sets in Hispabrick issue 004. :pir-classic:

Hey, what do the Spanish think of the Imperial Armada sub-theme? Was it a good representation?

I read it, and I think it is a really good representation of the (Classic) Pirates theme.

I am also really curious to find out how you guys think of the Armada theme, personnaly I miss it a lot. It was produced in too few numbers to build an army one can pay.

Good writing, Gobernador, and you are most welcome on the Eurobricks website!

Thank you all!

I love the sub theme of the Imperial Armada, and I hope that lego continues with him in the future!

Yes, so do I and as you can see at Mister Phes' Avatar/sigfig, he likes them a lot too!

I also collect those beautiful chrome chestplates the Captains wear.

I currently have 14 of them, and I use them for my French Army: Cuirassiers and Carabiniers.

Hey, what do the Spanish think of the Imperial Armada sub-theme? Was it a good representation?

Let me ask this: do you anglo-saxon people think pirate and soldiers sub-themes are a good representation of the XVIIth and XVIIIth english pirates and royal sailors? :pir-tongue:

I would say yes, but for some reasons no :pir-sceptic: In my opinion they look a bit too old for the pirate centuries (in fact they look more like end of XVIth and very beginning of the XVII) and why the hell they wear morions (heavy helmets) in a ship? LOL In the other hand I remember I loved those little ones when they first appeared in the 90's (don't remember the year :pir-look:) and even if they look like some kind of portuguese/spanish weird mixture (but they're toys, not historical figures, aren't they? :pir-wink:) they've allways been my favourites! :pir-wub:

So, TLC please more Imperial sets! :pir-sing:

Let me ask this: do you anglo-saxon people think pirate and soldiers sub-themes are a good representation of the XVIIth and XVIIIth english pirates and royal sailors? :pir-tongue:

I'm of Celtic decent so all I can say is DEATH to the Angles and Saxons! :pir-grin:

Yeah, we need them back again...and it actually looks very good, considering the succes of the new Pirates line!

This might inspire and/or convince them to bring back the Armada, the bluecoats or even the Islanders!

I am looking forward to them!

I'm of Celtic decent so all I can say is DEATH to the Angles and Saxons! :pir-grin:

Hurray for the Celts! (I am of the same decent, considering I live in the land of Ambiorix!)

PS: from now on, I seem to visualize Mr. Phes with blue stripes on his face yelling: FREEEDOOOMM !!! :pir_wacko: , with me running next to him.

Then we are three! :pir-devil: (hating the anglo-saxons... :pir-tongue: )

Edited by BlueBard

PS: from now on, I seem to visualize Mr. Phes with blue stripes on his face yelling: FREEEDOOOMM !!! :pir_wacko: , with me running next to him.

That's what we were yelling when those blasted Normans were attempting to invade. Anyway, methinks we might be straying from the topic here so let us return to the wonderful Hispabrick Magazine.