Hinckley

Free Entry Raffle-Rare Bricks

Majek's and Sandy's are both very impressive! Good thing this is a raffle and not a contest!

Some great entries so far like Lego12 mentioned.

I can't wait to see the wrap-up. :thumbup:

I don't know much at all about Avatar, but I looked at some pictures and such, and I saw the little cabbage man and found him pretty funny, so I thought I'd make him and his small cabbage cart.

Enjoy! :classic:

aat_034.jpg

Ummm, I know somebody mentioned this before, but I couldn't find an answer so here goes : Are we allowed to use decals?

Yes, you can use decals.

I'm going to enter if we can use decals, and if not, I'll just have to get creative. The only legos I have with me are some random pieces and King's Castle siege. The others are packed away. I'd love to enter though!

:hmpf: Yes, you can use decals.

Not as good as you might imagine. But at least I get an entry to the raffle! :sweet:
Yes, youĀ“re in the raffle now I guess. But if you want a sure win I can send you a white paper as prize, to use as background in your pics :tongue:!

CopMike

Yes, youĀ“re in the raffle now I guess. But if you want a sure win I can send you a white paper as prize, to use as background in your pics :tongue:!

CopMike

:grin:

No, I have a white studio, I was just ina rush to get the pics taken, as we have no deadline. :oh:

Am I in the raffle? Just wondering since nobody said anything about my MOC. :classic:

Here's my entry:

3206824983_431cfdf058_b.jpg

A young girl is a skilled water and earth bender. She uses her gifts to defend herself from to fire soldiers by raising a mountain from the sea and attacking her foes with water jets.

Minifigures:

3207671964_6f42f4aca4_b.jpg

Edited by Tinn-man

Al these people saying, "Thank God I have Avatar sets I can enter," and, "Oh no I can't enter because I don't have any Avatar sets". It's ridiculous. Next competition/raffle thing should be based around something Lego hasn't made anything of. :hmpf_bad:

Sorry, I just found their excuses slightly annoying...

~Peace

I can see people like me aren't wanted in this thread. Ah well, I won't post here any more :hmpf:

I could probably make a moc of anything, except avatar...

I just looked at some screenshots and it's great stuff for Lego MOCs or sets. Too bad Lego only ever made 2 sets which are impossible to find...

Now the thing is, I don't care about Japanese cartoons at all. Not enough to find out what exactly an airbender is. But maybe one of these days I'll pick a screenshot I like and make a Lego version of it, why not?

(and no, I don't have either one of the two avatar sets, but I don't understand why I would need one for an Avatar MOC of course)

I just looked at some screenshots and it's great stuff for Lego MOCs or sets. Too bad Lego only ever made 2 sets which are impossible to find...

Now the thing is, I don't care about Japanese cartoons at all. Not enough to find out what exactly an airbender is. But maybe one of these days I'll pick a screenshot I like and make a Lego version of it, why not?

(and no, I don't have either one of the two avatar sets, but I don't understand why I would need one for an Avatar MOC of course)

Avatar Isn't Japanes, Its made by nickolodean

I can see people like me aren't wanted in this thread. Ah well, I won't post here any more :hmpf:

I could probably make a moc of anything, except avatar...

But you've just been rejuvenated. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I look forward to any MOC you might build. :wink:

My upload keeps failing, even though I have the picture shrunk down to 312x312. Any suggestions?

Okay, I had to shrink it a ton. It's now at 100x88.

My moc is from the episode "The Painted Lady". It's the only avatar episode I've never seen, so I hope I got it right! She's healing the guy while he sleeps. Yes, he sleeps with his eyes closed, don't you?

Refrence pics found here:

http://www.avatarspiritmedia.net/screensho...=303&page=6

You might want to try deeplinking the image instead of attaching it. I can't see it at all actually.. so please deeplink it. You will find the tutorial here.

You might want to try deeplinking the image instead of attaching it. I can't see it at all actually.. so please deeplink it. You will find the tutorial here.

A thousand thanks! I would never have figured out how to do that.

My Avatar moc is based on the episode "Seige of the North Part 2" where Master Pakku bends up a water cyclone and flies around in it.

However this one with Uncle Iroh fire bending. Also I tried to do this using an extremely limited selection of pieces, so you can see it it all mostly simple red slopes.

Hope you enjoy :classic:

full_resized.jpg

Full view of the fire twister

iroh_resized.jpg

Close-up of Iroh

Here is a reference picture.

When moderated

Brickshelf Gallery

Edited by Sycaris

What a neat idea for a raffle! I just got back from my most recent trip and will be off again in two days, but hopefully when I get back there will still be time to build something. This is a really nice way to get people to build some Avatar creations. I look forward to reading through the thread and seeing what has been done so far! :sweet:

Don't know the Avatar, but all the previous posts gives a great inspiration. I tried some fire defense evaporating a water/ice-ish attack (which did not turn as I had wanted... if only one could build more time!).

I had another version with a small penguin riding the ice attack... and it shows the Bionicle laser light I tried to use for coloring the fire (did not really change anything...).

MakingOfAvatarFight.jpg

I discovered this site only this weekend, and so I think my account is a day or two late... but I gave it a shot anyway :cry_happy: it was such a treasure to find and had me, to my wife's despair, building almost immediately!

Cheers

Thor

Here's my entry:

3206824983_431cfdf058_b.jpg

A young girl is a skilled water and earth bender. She uses her gifts to defend herself from to fire soldiers by raising a mountain from the sea and attacking her foes with water jets.

Minifigures:

3207671964_6f42f4aca4_b.jpg

What is that girlĀ“s torso?

I hope that the raffle stays open at least about a week, I will not be able to post a (good) entry before that, all I have access to now is a small bag of random pieces I got (for about $1! :thumbup: ) on a yard sale.

If the raffle is still open then, I will post a HUGE entry (big grey baseplate-size).