Teddy

Fire House

indexed.gif B-PV-1D

Dear all,

a few months ago I bought the Lego Fire Station 7945.

Since, it did not really fit with the Cafe Corner I decided to modify it.

Because I wanted to respect the color scheme, it turned into this MOC.

This is my first Town MOC since 1997. :tongue:

It has actually been standing on my shelf for a few months now.

It is a modular building, the top floor can be separated from the ground floor.

Please tell me what you think, any feedback is welcome.

Kind regards,

Teddy

The Fire House:

15-01-09_1131nr2.jpg

15-01-09_1136nr2.jpg

15-01-09_1134nr2.jpg

15-01-09_1132nr2.jpg

15-01-09_1133nr2.jpg

Edited by Phred

Very nice and deatiled design :wub:

Does it have an interior you can show us (I belive I understand the fores can be separated, right)?

LuxorV

Very nice and deatiled design :wub:

Does it have an interior you can show us (I belive I understand the fores can be separated, right)?

LuxorV

Thanks LuxorV,

The interior is still empty, except for the fire engines at the ground floor and a white staircase going up to the first floor.

The first floor is still one giant empty space. The red roof can be separated an the two floors can be separated at the dark bley line, which you van see in the fourth photo.

When separated the front facade is still in one piece.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Brilliant :thumbup:

A theme that is on my moc list so really liked your pics. I never imagined the shutters would work well in a building to cafe corner standard but this prooves they do.

Thanks LuxorV,

The interior is still empty, except for the fire engines at the ground floor and a white staircase going up to the first floor. The first floor is still one giant empty space. The red roof can be separated an the two floors can be separated at the dark bley line, which you van see in the fourth photo.

Kind regards,

Teddy

What no pole for the eager firefighters to slide down? :tongue: Great MOC, I wish I had your skill at building...

Edited by Razzer

Wonderful design and perfectly to combine with CC. :thumbup:

I specially like how you did the entrance and, even if it's maybe unusual, I love how you did the roof part... :wub: I think I'll borrow a little idea from you :devil::tongue:

Looks fabulous! Just the type of firehouse that would fit snugly in between CC and GC! I may pick up the 7945 and do something similiar myself. Thats probably the cheapest way to MOC your own Firehouse if you don't have any garage doors.

Hope you don't mind me borrowing a few ideas from your great looking build!

Dear all,

thanks for all the nice comments. :classic:

I have the Cafe Corner style buildings standing on a window still in the living room.

My girlfriend really likes the Cafe Corner style buildings so we put them on display there.

So I don't have a real layout.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Edited by Teddy

Very nice MOC Teddy! :thumbup: It can be excellently combined with the CC style buildings!

It reminds me a bit of the Ghostbusters building, which was also an old fire station. You 've captured the New York style i think. :wink:

That looks very nice. I like it. :thumbup::classic:

Will you make also an interior?

It looked for Zorbas as an New York style building, but I think it will also looks very good with the Market Street building and other Dutchlike old buildings.

Edited by Wout

Dear Zorbas, wout and Buttons,

thanks for you kind replies! :classic:

Personnaly, I think it could fit both in Amsterdam and New Amsterdam, uhh York. :tongue:

kind regards,

Teddy

Great MOC,

I wonder if you realize just what an excellent idea you've come up with of separate floors with a solid facade. On many buildings that I and others have built, the the seams between floors are a bit too obvious. Often times I don't have the right pieces or the correct plates to hide joints, or the necessity for separation keeps me from running windows through multiple floors. Thus many of us either settle for inaccessible interiors, leaving rear walls off, or just live with the restrictions of modularity.

Your idea solves all those issues. Well done!

Great MOC,

I wonder if you realize just what an excellent idea you've come up with of separate floors with a solid facade. On many buildings that I and others have built, the the seams between floors are a bit too obvious. Often times I don't have the right pieces or the correct plates to hide joints, or the necessity for separation keeps me from running windows through multiple floors. Thus many of us either settle for inaccessible interiors, leaving rear walls off, or just live with the restrictions of modularity.

Your idea solves all those issues. Well done!

Thanks Eilif, that was exactly the idea I had behind the solid facade. It saves tiles and plates and makes it slightly easier to get a nice facade. While maintaining the nice properties of separating entire floor sections.

Kind regards,

Teddy