Sign in to follow this  
General Armendariz

Brick Beards Bounty MOD!

thindexedgif.gif 75c

Thanks to Cpt. PB for inspiring me in This Thread I MODed and detailed it alot to show you how great of a ship it is with THREE mid hull sections and added string! like all the originals! :pir_laugh2:

Overview:

photo_1_2.jpg

Mid section showing the Cannons and an upper deck! :pir-blush:

photo_4.jpg

The front of the ship:

photo_19.jpg

The back:

photo_6.jpg

I gave the mermaid a solid head:

photo_21.jpg

Birds eye view showing the stringing! :pir-wub:

photo_13.jpg

A little detail on the back rigging:

photo_9.jpg

The only mid section I had was a black one :pir-hmpf_bad:

photo_23.jpg

Ah c'mon guys dont throw me off! :pir-tongue:

photo_17.jpg

Back view

photo_11.jpg

Another front view pic

photo_5.jpg

Showing the under the cabin

photo_16.jpg

Well there you have it please comment and disscuss! :pir-wink:

The glory of the ship on Brickshelf

Edited by SlyOwl

Are you aware that the latter two images are identical? Otherwise, I like these modifications. They are certainly improvements - except the hull mid section. But that's not your fault. I would be interested to see under the cabin however, you just need to change your images code. :wink:

Well done, thank you for sharing.

Are you aware that the latter two images are identical? Otherwise, I like these modifications. They are certainly improvements - except the hull mid section. But that's not your fault. I would be interested to see under the cabin however, you just need to change your images code. :wink:

Well done, thank you for sharing.

Changed :pir-wink: Oh and its not really under its really showing a hull :pir-look:

Good job, I have the Brickbeards Bounty myself and I thought it might look neat with another midsection.

P.S. Your mermaid pic is kinda blurry.

Wow you did that quick. I like how you have kept the colour scheme. And I must say that it looks muck better with the added midsection.

Now that I have seen the BB this way, I see it as less cartoony! It also looks like it could handle a battle against the BSB.

Great work.

Regards, Cpt. PB

I think the best solution here would be to either hop on BL and buy another hull section or two, or just buy another BB. (that's the route I took, I bought it when TRU had their buy 1 get one 50% off sale)

Great ship, you can see the improvements very well. The black midsection isn't that awful.

I see you have made a forecastle on it as well, the BB didn't even have a forecastle. I like it.

Great job! :thumbup:

Good job, Genaral armendariz!

Now this ship has the imponence it deserves :thumbup:

Just one thing I don't like much in it is the fact TLG used wheeled :cannon: instedad of the sliding/turning style of older ships (was it the BSB :pir-look: ?; sorry, I don't own it and just vaguely remeber my cousins' set); it seemed so much easier to use for the pirates when they wanted to move the pieces from one side to the other.

LuxorV

Good job, Genaral armendariz!

Now this ship has the imponence it deserves :thumbup:

Just one thing I don't like much in it is the fact TLG used wheeled :cannon: instedad of the sliding/turning style of older ships (was it the BSB :pir-look: ?; sorry, I don't own it and just vaguely remeber my cousins' set); it seemed so much easier to use for the pirates when they wanted to move the pieces from one side to the other.

LuxorV

Acttualy that was only used on the SES The BSB has wheels like this one. which is why the BSB is a legend! :pir-blush:

Acttualy that was only used on the SES The BSB has wheels like this one. which is why the BSB is a legend! :pir-blush:

I see. I'll need to expand my knowledge on Pirates :pir_laugh2:

LuxorV

Ok ok im in love with this version looks much better with real strings and a decent deck, still i will do that but i will buy another sails of the BB and remove the lower sails ( with the ugly skull ) and add another normal sails like the one on the upper side of the masts :pir-classic:

That actually fleshes the ship out a lot better than I thought it would. I think it looks pretty good, especially when viewed from the side. Makes the ship a lot more majestic looking and also opens up a lot of the details so that they may be more easily appreciated.

I also made a mod of BB, should i post the pics (if i do) in this thread or just start a new topic? Also...being new to the forum and all, could someone please tell me how to access the tutorial on posting pics, i can't seem to find it. However, getting on with the topic at hand, wonderful mod Genaral armendariz! Love the rigging, and the ladder to the poop deck. The coolest thing is the second deck!

thank you! :pir-classic:

I also made a mod of BB, should i post the pics (if i do) in this thread or just start a new topic? Also...being new to the forum and all, could someone please tell me how to access the tutorial on posting pics, i can't seem to find it. However, getting on with the topic at hand, wonderful mod Genaral armendariz! Love the rigging, and the ladder to the poop deck. The coolest thing is the second deck!

thank you! :pir-classic:

You can either make your own thread or add to this one. Its is up to you. Best to ask Genaral armendariz before hand though...

Here are some tutorials you will need to post pictures here.

First you will need to resize them. CLICKY (infran view) or CLICKY (MS PAINT)

How to upload them on to the Internet CLICKY

Then add them to your post CLICKY

For future reference

Here is Eurobricks index of tutorials CLICKY

And finally here is Classic Pirates Index. CLICKY

Hope that helps. :pir-wink:

Regards, Cpt. PB

Probably now what im going to do is I Might Buy The BSB and show comparison and make a huge ship battle! :pir_laugh2: Using stopmotion animation

Remember I said Might!

Yeah. Unlike the BB, though, the BSB had a tiled 2x5 platform to sit on (consisting of one 1x2 plate, one 1x2 tile, two 1x4 tiles, and one 2x4 plate). In the BB they're just on the deck.

:cannon:

Yeah. Unlike the BB, though, the BSB had a tiled 2x5 platform to sit on (consisting of one 1x2 plate, one 1x2 tile, two 1x4 tiles, and one 2x4 plate). In the BB they're just on the deck.

:cannon:

Oh yeah I forgot about that...I should add them