Sign in to follow this  
Omicron

Lego Final Fantasy

So I have this side project where it's main goal is to recreate the world of Final Fantasy with Lego. So far it has mainly been minifig customization and a few airships, but I have bigger fish to fry with this project. I shall show everything I have made so far.

Final Fantasy I

The Warriors of Light (White Mage, Red Mage, Fighter, Thief, Black Mage, Black Belt)

Garland

Matoya

Final Fantasy II:

Firion (WIP, based on his Dissidia design)

Final Fantasy III

The Warriors of Light (Geomancer, Dragoon, Onion Knight, Ranger)

Final Fantasy IV

Rydia and Edge

Edge (remake)

Cecil (Dark Knight), Rosa, Cecil (Paladin)

Cecil (Paladin) and Fusoya

Cecil (Dark Knight) and Golbez

Adult Rydia (remake) and Child Rydia

Rydia and Edge (updated)

Cid and Yang

Final Fantasy V

Blue Mage (based on Bartz)

Bartz and Lenna

Faris

Galuf and Krile

The entire party from FFV

Amano Bartz

Bartz's Job Classes (Blue Mage, Mime, Freelancer, Warrior, Mystic Knight)

Final Fantasy VI

Setzer

Terra

Locke

Celes

Setzer (remake), Celes (as Maria)

Prince Ralse (from the Opera)

Kefka

Final Fantasy VII

Aerith

Cloud and Aerith

Cid, Vincent, and Barret

Sephiroth (from the back)

Barret, Vincent, Cloud, Cid, and Red XIII

Cloud (from the game and with spiky hair!) and Aerith

Cloud Strife and Squall Leonhart

Sephiroth

Shirtless Sephiroth

Genesis and Angeal

Shinra and Turks

Cait Sith

The Forgetten City (vignette)

Final Fantasy VIII

Squall

Seifer

Rinoa

Laguna

Amano Ballroom Rinoa & Squall

The entire party of FFVII (Irvine, Zell, Squall, Rinoa, Quistis, and Selphie)

Squall, Rinoa, and Seifer

Final Fantasy IX

Zidane, Steiner, and Garnet

Cid and Garland

Garnet (in her White Mage robe, hood down)

Final Fantasy X

Yuna

Tidus and Yuna

Auron, Yuna, and Tidus

Jecht

Final Fantasy XII

Balthier

Llyud

Final Fantasy Misc.:

Chocobo, with Black Mage and White Mage

Tonberry

Bomb

A few of these figs have been redone and touched upon, but this is what I have so far. I have a lot more coming. So keep watch.

I would like to thank BrickForge, MMCB, Arealight, Christo, and BrickArms for making this project possible.

Enjoy

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

Most of them are simply... well, fantastic, if you excuse the pun.

I especially love your Yuna, Squall, Balthier and Rydia. There are some minor quirks, though, like Edge with his long eyelashes, and Terra with her mismatching clothes. But all in all these are quite splendid!

They warm an old Final Fanatic's heart. :wub:

There are some minor quirks, though, like Edge with his long eyelashes, and Terra with her mismatching clothes. But all in all these are quite splendid!

Yeah I had based Terra off the Amano artwork, with a mix of the sprite. I decided to change her hair back to blonde weeks ago, and I redid Edge, as he was one of my earlier figs.

Thanks for the comment. :)

-Omi

Mostly great. buy why not just give Black Mage a yellow Wizard Hat?

It may be because a yellow wizard's hat has never been produced. :tongue: He'd have to paint one to get one.

I can hardly wait until you show us more! So keep them coming! :wink:

And Bart... :thumbdown:

Yeah Blue Mages do suck. :P

It may be because a yellow wizard's hat has never been produced. :tongue: He'd have to paint one to get one.

Sandy said it best. And I am not a fan of painting unless I have no way around it. And Black Mages are too good for that. :D

Love to see your version of noctis.

I'll see what I can do about him.

-Omi

Having grown up with Final Fantasy i am a huge fan and these are great my fave is Yuna great fig's :thumbup:

Edited by Naith

Yay, thanks for posting more of these!

I think you should rely less on fabric clothes and more on decals or real prints. Fabric vests and jackets make the minifigs look unnecessary bulky, in my opinion. The technique works great with capes and skirts, though.

I love the creatures, although the chocobo has quite a large head...

I think you should rely less on fabric clothes and more on decals or real prints. Fabric vests and jackets make the minifigs look unnecessary bulky, in my opinion. The technique works great with capes and skirts, though.

Specifically Tidus and Cloud right? Yeah I know. I have been very unsuccessful with decals at the moment. My works are always open for remakes. :)

-Omi

Aerith is my favourite of the lot. Also what piece did you use for Yuna's wand?

Also what piece did you use for Yuna's wand?

For which pic?

The scenic one is a staff from a Mega Bloks set, while the one with her and Tidus is a Fabuland Carpet Beater.

-Omi

Great figs all around. :thumbup:

I particularly like what you did with The Warriors of Light, Rydia, Squall, and freelancer Bartz. Edge seemed to turn out pretty well, but those eyelashes still creep me out. :laugh: With many of the figs (mainly the post-Amano ones) I can't help but feel their hair isn't "spikey" enough, but I suppose that's Lego's fault for producing so few gravity-defying hair molds. :grin: Ever see these? They would make for a spot-on Cloud.

Can't wait to see what else you come up with. :wink:

Wow, I'm really liking most of these new ones! I don't really recognize the Amano versions of Rinoa and Squall, though... I know Amano's quirky style, but the minifigs don't really spring the ballroom scene into my mind.

Especially all the IV and VII minifigs are gorgeous, although Rosa could do just fine without the "loincloth". It makes her look a bit heavy, if you know what I mean.

This comes back to what I commented previously about using too much cloth and not trusting the printed torsos to do the job. :wink: But I guess I'm a purist in that sense.

Wow, I'm really liking most of these new ones! I don't really recognize the Amano versions of Rinoa and Squall, though... I know Amano's quirky style, but the minifigs don't really spring the ballroom scene into my mind.

Based on this.

although Rosa could do just fine without the "loincloth".

Yeah I know what you mean. It is supposed to be her wrap, as seen here. Needed something to cover up her panties. ;)

This comes back to what I commented previously about using too much cloth and not trusting the printed torsos to do the job.

Well it gives them more life I suppose. While with a decal, you can make them look like they are wearing a coat, but with the cloth, you can make them look like they are wearing a coat.

And thank you. I appreciate the comments. :)

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

Major updates. Sorry for the topic bump, but I refuse to make another topic, and I see nothing on revival, so spare me. :)

Anyways:

Final Fantasy II:

Firion (WIP, based on his Dissidia design)

Final Fantasy IV:

Cecil (Paladin) and Fusoya

Cecil (Dark Knight) and Golbez

Adult Rydia (remake) and Child Rydia

Rydia and Edge (updated)

Cid and Yang

Final Fantasy V:

Galuf and Krile

The entire party from FFV

Amano Bartz

Bartz's Job Classes (Blue Mage, Mime, Freelancer, Warrior, Mystic Knight)

Final Fantasy VI:

Prince Ralse (from the Opera)

Kefka

Final Fantasy VII:

Barret, Vincent, Cloud, Cid, and Red XIII

Cloud (from the game and with spiky hair!) and Aerith

Cloud Strife and Squall Leonhart

Sephiroth

Shirtless Sephiroth

Genesis and Angeal

Shinra and Turks

Cait Sith

The Forgetten City (vignette)

Final Fantasy VIII:

The entire party of FFVII (Irvine, Zell, Squall, Rinoa, Quistis, and Selphie)

Squall, Rinoa, and Seifer

Final Fantasy X:

Auron, Yuna, and Tidus

Jecht

Final Fantasy XII:

Llyud

Oh yeah I also made myself a shirt for Brickfair based on my logo.

Still have more coming.

Enjoy.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

Ooh, these are fantastic! There are some real masterpieces in there, but I think the Kefka fig tops them all. He's just so menacing and really looks like the original! I also like the colorfulness of the FF V cast.

I see you've improved on clothing the figs, the newer coats you've made look really good on the figs, not bulky and out-of-shape at all.

How did you do the weapon molds for Cloud and Squall, though? They look almost authentic LEGO pieces!

Great job, all in all!

Ooh, these are fantastic! There are some real masterpieces in there, but I think the Kefka fig tops them all. He's just so menacing and really looks like the original! I also like the colorfulness of the FF V cast.

Yeah Kefka is certainly one of my star figs. I did want to pull off the Amno styled version of Kefka, but it was so elaborate for my methods, so I settled for his sprite. Maybe another time for the Amano.

I see you've improved on clothing the figs, the newer coats you've made look really good on the figs, not bulky and out-of-shape at all.

I can't take credit for the coats, since they were made by MMCB (I give cedit in the first post :). However I do take cedit for any modifications I do to his work, such has Kefka's neck thingy, and any designs on the cloth, like Amano Bartz and Jecht.

How did you do the weapon molds for Cloud and Squall, though? They look almost authentic LEGO pieces!

The gunblade is actually a Brickarms prototype. I snagged quite a few last year at Brickfair. As for Cloud's Buster sword, that is from an official FF toy, the Trading Arts Cloud. Sword was very conveniantly sized, so I modified the handle so it could be held by Cloud (since the handle is very thin).

Thanks!

-Omi