Sign in to follow this  
Infomaniac

H.M.S. Coconut

thindexedgif.gif 75b

The H.M.S. Coconut

m1100024.jpg

My newest ship is called the H.M.S. Coconut and is the largest ship I have ever created. The name is drive from the brown, white and black hulls that resembles a coconut. It also comes from the fact that Admiral Anxious uses it tho go on his much needed vacations to the Caribbean. The Coconut features completely remove-able decks and customizable spaces. She is modestly armed (8 cannons and 2 deck guns) because she never goes into battle. Her main mission is to de-stress admiral anxious.

p1100033.jpg

In these photos the gentle curve of the ship is visible. I used a ton of these parts to get the desired effect (7662). The Coconut is an elegant ship built with the latest luxuries and comforts.

p1100045.jpg

p1100049.jpg

This shows how the ship splits into 3 parts. It was a challenge to build the ship with little to no support between the parts. The three parts are broken apart to access the interior of the ship. Then the decks are removed and placed aside. Then you split the main deck down the middle.

p1100106.jpg

The front section with the brig and the ladder to the top. The sticker is from Soldier's Fort.

p1100114.jpg

The middle section with the cannon bay

p1100140.jpg

The aft section with the captain's office and Admiral Anxious's quarters

p1100146.jpg

Here is the back with an opening flap.There is a black bar that keeps the flap up.

p1100158.jpg

p1100167.jpg

These are all the decks removed and displayed. They are as follows: Poop deck, Office floor, Back flap,

Main deck and Front deck.

p1100184.jpg

Details:

p1100054.jpg

p1100031.jpg

p1100059.jpg

The furniture inside the H.M.S. Coconut. The desk is my personal favorite.

p1100199.jpg

Thank you for viewing! Please view the gallery Here.

Infomaniac

p1100065.jpg

That... is amazing! I love all the playability thats in it. How long did it take to make?

Thats a extremely fine ship! I dont know how it would defend itself well with 8 cannons...specially if its holding that crafty Brick Beard in its Brig!

I like it how you have a ship able to be seperated. I think more ships should become like this! :thumbup:

I love the details on it and the colors, the bed, desk etc are just beautiful great design the angles are very nice and the jail haha looks fantastic. :pir-blush: 5/5 lol.

Just awesome all round! I will be pooring over all the details for a while. If I ever muster the courage to build a fine frigate like this, I will use yours for inspiration.

Bravo!

What a beauty!! You have done a great job building this, I love the fact it is completely modular so you can see each deck. The furnishings in the captain's cabin look awesome as well. Especially the small model ships on the desk. :pir-wub:

I was trying to make a modular ship too, but I had issues with the masts. :pir-grin:

Very good job! :thumbup:

nice coconut.

i like you make it modular, so the ship can be more longer.

very big ship indeed.

great creation man.

Wow! That is a really great ship! I think you did a lovely job creating that nice curved shape. :pir-wub:

The furniture are a really nice bonus too and I like that the decks are brickbuilt instead of just plates.

The amount of minifigs gives a nice crowded feeling and much life to the MOC. Me like :pir-grin:

Congratulations to a top class ship! :thumbup:

I love love love this ship! Great work! I love modular approach. Being able to take it apart like that must be fun for play! (gives me ideas for my own ship.)

The only suggestion I would make is removing the ratlines from the front spar. (looks a bit tacked on) other than that, she is a beauty. My favorite part? the little ship models.

That has got to be one of the coolest MOC ships I've seen. Especially because of the playability of it

Oh - and the design is very pleaing, and "too much" as seen in many other small ship MOCs. Well done

Edited by Lorentzen

Absoloutely fantastic! This is frontpage quality for sure, don't you think Zorro? Very well done! I think the decks with the planking is very clever. Well done.

WOW! This is unbelievably cool! I don't think I've seen a MOC ship quite like this one. Your attention to detail is unbelievable, and the modular nature makes use of all the amazing space inside this huge ship. The architectural frills on the outside of the ship make for a very pleasing design. This is really, really great!

Now THAT is a custom Lego ship! Great work; it really sets a standard for others to look to for inspiration.

what a real beauty Oo I love it ! seriously very very well done Infomaniac!!!! ( I love the snot floor! )

Thanks for all the comments :monkey:

It took me about a month to make

The snot decks are my favorite part also

Again, thanks for the feedback

Infomaniac

That's great :thumbup: It's not often tat we see a tiled ship.

Edited by Ratshot